Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL) - Preshow Discussion

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

LookS PROMISING

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Could TV3 be planning a bit of a birthday celebration with an Irish show? I am guessing their first TV3 drama will air on the 20th and the second episode on the 21st. A first for TV3, 3 Irish shows in prime-time on an Independent Channel in the same week. (Sorry for my sarcasism).

I got to see them filming a while back, the Girls team where promoting something !!!!

It should be good, we shouldn't talk it down before it starts.

I take it back => It's a pity Shinawhil are producing it, from the makers of You're a Star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 noobie

I will give this a chance tbh. We always seem to berate our own shows (sometimes unfairly in my opinion). The concept is good and TV3 would want to be really good at messing things up to get this wrong. Its a simple format.

I will give this a chance tbh. We always seem to berate our own shows (sometimes unfairly in my opinion). The concept is good and TV3 would want to be really good at messing things up to get this wrong. Its a simple format.

I think it will be another scapegoat for TV3 not to invest in Irish Television. I think it will be good but I think the current crop of shows that TV3 are showing won't support it very well even on a Monday Night. It's going to be a fairly competitive night this autumn.

RTE One: News, Who Do You Think You Are?, Q&A
    RTE Two: Raw, How Low Can You Go?, R&P
    TV3: The Apprentice, L&O SVU, Nightly News
    TG4: Suvivour: China, The Wire, Saibhir Ach Salach (Rich but Dirty)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Did anyone see the trailer for this and recognise any of the contestants??? I was hoping that I would recognise someone but didn't.

I am looking forward to it...It isn't Sir Alan, but sure hey I bet it is entertaining!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Roll on Monday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Apprentice contestants now online, anybody know any of them?

http://apprentice.tv3.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

tv3 site has been updated...

www.tv3.ie/theapprentice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,560 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dont know any of them but their profiles look terribly poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Multiple threads merged. Keep it all on the one thread please. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Bill Cullen is on Ireland AM at the moment. He is some silly waffler. Going on like a woman. Twaddle.

And if he says "Going Forward" again I'll scream! His speech is very cliched.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Enii wrote: »
    Bill Cullen is on Ireland AM at the moment. He is some silly waffler. Going on like a woman. Twaddle.

And if he says "Going Forward" again I'll scream! His speech is very cliched.

Seriously though, would you expect any less? The man is a clown.

This is going to be pure comedy, I just hope its not toooo cringey that I cant watch, like "The Office" :D

Looks like they managed to "attract" some serious big hitters...NOT! Only one of them looks to have packed in a decent job to go on the show, the girl that was head of marketing for a software company, but even that might job title might have been massaged a tad to give the show some credibility;)

The only thing that made people apply was A) sheer greed for the potential €100K "package", ie €30k salary, a free renault and €40K worth of apples B) 15 mins of fame or C) Nothing better to do.

And for the record, who the f**k is Brian Purcell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Sizzler wrote: »

Looks like they managed to "attract" some serious big hitters...NOT! Only one of them looks to have packed in a decent job to go on the show, the girl that was head of marketing for a software company, but even that might job title might have been massaged a tad to give the show some credibility;)

Yes wish that there was more of a variety of people. Think there are two involved in Auctioneering.

Why are there not some highly educated people?

Think Bill was obviously pushing for people who had worked their way up from the floor i.e. sold penny apples on the street

Enii wrote: »
    Yes wish that there was more of a variety of people. Think there are two involved in Auctioneering.

Why are there not some highly educated people?

Think Bill was obviously pushing for people who had worked their way up from the floor i.e. sold penny apples on the street

Not surprising that there are some people involved in Auctioneering - these people are twiddling their thumbs at the moment with the housing market.

Also not surprising that only one or two of them has a degree - what exactly is Bill Cullen offering - he owns a hotel and that's about it - he sold off the Renault business ages ago. Maybe the winner can help him write his next Oirish self-help book...?

Hilarious that all the cv's read "senior", "regional" etc. - sticking in an adjective to make themselves sound more significant...

Read the "article" in the sindo mag yesterday - some quality comments from some of the contestants - "I don't know what it will be like to be famous...!!

Should be watchable from a cringe / bitchiness / hilarity point of view tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

Cant wait to see it 2nite, recognosed one of them, Never even knew they applied for it, Neraly died when i was reading the Daly Star and turned the page and there they were, Mad!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

glasso wrote: »
    Hilarious that all the cv's read "senior", "regional" etc. - sticking in an adjective to make themselves sound more significant...

LOL + 1.
    The profiles are farcical tbh ! The contestants have already been embarrassed and the show hasnt even aired yet! Looks like one of the shows researchers just got their CV and threw it into a CV theserarus randomiser :eek:

Theres a car salesman thats come home from the middle east (Hardly a stiff task selling cars there!)

A cosmetics "brand manager", i.e. shelf stacker for chemists?

A "company director", of what exactly :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

Everybodys Entitled to there 15 mins of fame..... anybody see united get there 7 yella cards yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol + 2

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you want to talk about TV, you're in the right place.
    If you want to talk about Football, head over to the Soccer Forum. Thanks...

I see 3 threads have been merged into one here.
    I hope this doesn't mean that any future threads that relate to what is actually happening on the show will be merged here also.
    If the anticipation of the show provokes sufficient interest for a 12-page thread, surely that is a sign that we need another board for The Apprentice just like there is one for Chuck Norris, Hasselhof, The Mighty Boosh etc.
    I put in a formal request for this before (or at least I posted here and my post was put in the right place) - does anyone else want this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

nevey wrote: »
    I see 3 threads have been merged into one here.
    I hope this doesn't mean that any future threads that relate to what is actually happening on the show will be merged here also.
    If the anticipation of the show provokes sufficient interest for a 12-page thread, surely that is a sign that we need another board for The Apprentice just like there is one for Chuck Norris, Hasselhof, The Mighty Boosh etc.
    I put in a formal request for this before (or at least I posted here and my post was put in the right place) - does anyone else want this?
    This isn't the place to put in a request for a dedicated forum - you should do it here instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Looking forward to this later.
    I read a few of the profiles on the Indo mag yesterday and from her pose in both the front page and in her profile I'm already allergic to the mother of 3.

I've renamed this thread to pre-show discussion.
    I'll start a new thread tonight for 'real' discussion of the actual broadcast and lock the pre-show one.

This thread contains 180 posts of conjecture and prediction.... once the show actually starts, most of it is redundant!

This thread contains 180 posts of conjecture and prediction.... once the show actually starts, most of it is redundant!

I don't know, I think the show will be like the BBC Version and possibly like the NBC version. I could be wrong I guess.

And Bill Cullen might say "You're Fired"

But your right it is only conjecture and prediction on my behalf.

:D

Smartarse. :)

Stargal wrote: »
    This isn't the place to put in a request for a dedicated forum - you should do it here instead.

Already did it (as i said in my post). I just bumped it up from June. There were a couple of suggestions made about making a general Reality TV board etc, but nothing was done.
    Perhaps if anyone else feels we need more space for Apprentice analysis, they could voice their opinions here .

They look like an interesting bunch, but it's a pity there isn't a bit more diversity in terms of education.
    Millie wrote: »
    ... I'm already allergic to the mother of 3.
    Who is the mother of 3?

I find the 24year old recruitment consultant the most objectionable.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it later. The clips I've seen look pretty stylish. They might make Dublin look photogenic!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Will tune in tonight.

Looking forward to slaughtering them on here during the next few weeks already.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Sizzler wrote: »
    Has anybody on here applied for this farce :confused:

I can see the auditions being along the 'quality' of the Big Brother entrants.

In fairness it could be the best home grown comedy to come out of Ireland since Father Ted!

You can just imagine the tasks....

Week 1 - Selling fruit on Moore Street

Week 2 - Washing cars at traffic lights

Week 3 - See which team can secure the best deal for a years supply of 'Just For Men'.

Week 4 - Bill asks the team to explain what a cheeky charlie is.

Week 5 - Series gets pulled.
    Week 1 prediction is correct I think (well according to someone in my job).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Mr E wrote: »
    If you want to talk about TV, you're in the right place.
    If you want to talk about Football, head over to the Soccer Forum. Thanks...

Nah I think a match on Sky Sports run by Rupert Murdoch definetly belongs in the tv thread. after all its not football, its entertainment.

• Advertisement

New thread started for the show discussion..... I'm locking this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement