Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL) - Preshow Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I would have liked to apply for this, but I've just got a new job :) that and it's bound to have that horrible cringe worthy Irish production feel to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They have completely gutted the article. Typical Wikipedia "sledgehammer to crack a nut" reaction.

Sizzler wrote: »
    I see the wikipedia entry for Dr.Bill has been locked due to vandalism lol
    The Apprentice (Irish TV series)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

zAbbo wrote: »
    I would have liked to apply for this, but I've just got a new job :) that and it's bound to have that horrible cringe worthy Irish production feel to it.

**** your job...up and leave and go do it...they will understand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

the_apprentice.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Isn't that red thread at his button hole supposed to come off the suit before you wear it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Bond-007 wrote: »

It didnt last long lol !

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What do you mean?

The following has been added to it:
    The Apprentice is widely expected to be a poorly constructed version of the American series of the same name, which stars entrepreneur Donald Trump, as well as the British series starring magnate Alan Sugar.

Roffle! :D

I see there is an edit war raging between someone and a Wikipedia Bot. The bot keeps removing the stuff about the 100k package.

• Advertisement

What do you mean?

And the piéce de la resistance..
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Cullen has commented that:

“ The Apprentice brings an exciting opportunity to budding Irish underachievers. As a seller of penny apples with various stalls around Dublin City I will give the winner an exceptional grounding in how to win in the tough environment of our volatile fruit supply chain - and our morning meetings start at 6:30am. That's a fact, if you don't like it you will be 'Barney Bracked

LOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

And the piéce de la resistance..

LOL!!

LOL didn't even see that bit!

The creator of that page keeps reverting all the good stuff. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭dublinmadyoke

Hey guys just wondering did anyone get a confirmation email when your application was sent in?

You seriously think anyone here would apply? ;)

Good luck with your application. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'll win.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gagonmine

i'm so gonna win this

Has anybody on here applied for this farce :confused:

I can see the auditions being along the 'quality' of the Big Brother entrants.

In fairness it could be the best home grown comedy to come out of Ireland since Father Ted!

You can just imagine the tasks....

Week 1 - Selling fruit on Moore Street

Week 2 - Washing cars at traffic lights

Week 3 - See which team can secure the best deal for a years supply of 'Just For Men'.

Week 4 - Bill asks the team to explain what a cheeky charlie is.

Week 5 - Series gets pulled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Mr Burns

You can just imagine the tasks....

Week 1 - Selling fruit on Moore Street

Week 2 - Washing cars at traffic lights

Week 3 - See which team can secure the best deal for a years supply of 'Just For Men'.

Week 4 - Bill asks the team to explain what a cheeky charlie is.

Week 5 - Series gets pulled.

Week 1 - Selling fruit on Moore Street Contestants get assaulted by Moore street regular fruit sellers

Week 2 - Washing cars at traffic lights Contestants get assaulted by a group of Roma and end up in hospital

Week 3 - Series gets pulled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I see RTE is fighting back with what promises to be an equally cringe worthy 'Fáilte Towers' ~ LOL :D

What is it with (RTE/TV3) making completly shi** versions of really good US/UK shows .........
    "Celebrity Farm" comes to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TvWatcher

i can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I see RTE is fighting back with what promises to be an equally cringe worthy 'Fáilte Towers' ~ LOL

What is it with (RTE/TV3) making completly shi** versions of really good US/UK shows .........
    "Celebrity Farm" comes to mind.

Celeb Reality tends to be **** IMO regardless of who produces it.

I saw the Girls team a few nights a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Saw Jackie Lavin and Brian Purcell and the crew having lunch in Kudos restaurant (Clarion IFSC) - Must be filming in the IFSC area ... Bill never made an appearance unfortuantely :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Is the TV3 version of this show going ahead? Wasn't it supposed to be aired in September? I heard a lot about it back in June, but there is no mention of it that I can find on the TV3 website - in fact, it isn't even mentioned in the archive of news releases anymore .... very suspicious.
    So, did it ever get off the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The microsite is still there.... http://www.tv3.ie/theapprentice/

As far as I know, its on this month or next.... they should start the promo ads soon to drive a bit of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Mr E wrote: »
    The microsite is still there..

That looks promising, thanks .... however the rest of the TV3 website makes no mention of it. I've been looking forward to the show (though I know it'll most likely be a pale shadow of the UK version) but when I looked it up on the TV3 website I got that very disconcerting tumbleweedy feeling...

I'll try to wait patiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I think they might still be filming for it. There was a crew in Dublin Airport last week, Bill Cullen floating about.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just saw the ad on TV3. Looks like they are copying the UK version (with things like the music, and sombre side profile of Bill against a white background).

Said "Coming Soon" (no date).

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Radiotimes.com says it starting on Monday 22nd of September at 9.00 pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Digiguide also has it starts at 9pm on Monday the 22nd!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement