Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL) - Preshow Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

This is bound to be terrible.:D

Will give it a go but I'm inclined to think you are right, most of the shows we try to copy are crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They should use Mark Halliley as the narrator. I bet they won't and hire some irish hack instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I don't know anything about Bill Cullen but I hate the sound of this if there's a nice approach:
    I wanna hear "You useless twat you failed miserably, You're fired" not "I'm very sorry but the competition is tough and everyone is sooo good blah blah blah"
    Surely Cullen knows Alan Sugar's abrasive manner and general bastardness is one of the main reasons why The Apprentice is so successful
    I don't even think Donald Trump is mean enough. Sugar's way better :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

tbh wrote: »
    the commissioning johnny needs to understand that we don't watch The Apprentice for the career advice, we watch it to see arrogant prats make fools of themselves and then being humiliated by someone we respect.

It's a fairly simple formula :D

I think I watch the Apprentice for different reasons to virtually everyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I wonder who the Nick and Margaret figures will be?

Have to say, if O'Leary was up for it, I would've thought it would be worth paying him a decent fee because with him in it, it would have the potential to sell to other TV networks overseas...

I don't think there's the same potential with Bill Cullen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bill Cullen is extremely charismatic...you may be surprised. Intimidatingly charismatic and confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Week 1

After a terrible first challenge the 3 remaining canditates are brought back into the boardroom, with their shop stewards.

The worst canditate gets fired and then sue's for wrongful dismissal.

The rest of the canditates go on strike in support of there follow competitor.

It gets referred to the LRC and all canditiates are hired with all the benefits and ridiculous pensions

End of series.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Gekko wrote: »
    I wonder who the Nick and Margaret figures will be?

His partner is going to be one of them according to himself on today fm last night. I'm going to guess one of his daughters who runs the motor business for him would be the other one.

Looking forward to this to be honest. I love the apprentice, have seen all seasons of all series of it (Trump, Stewart & Sugar).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

cheesedude wrote: »
    I find it hilarious that people in this thread are coming on calling Bill Cullen useless and a twat...he is richer than you, you bloody morons and has actually accomplished something in his life.

all of this also applies to say John Terry, is he not a twat?

Not saying myself bill cullen is by the way but id rather it was o'leary

Cyrus wrote: »
    all of this also applies to say John Terry, is he not a twat?

Not saying myself bill cullen is by the way but id rather it was o'leary

Yeah he is a twat...but Bill Cullen is a businessman. I have more respect for successful businessmen like Bill Cullen then I do for that example you gave. Plus O'Leary is just a mouthpiece...maybe that's why people would like him on TV...but I think from the way he does things, the show would not be as good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

steelbar wrote: »
    Week 1

After a terrible first challenge the 3 remaining canditates are brought back into the boardroom, with their shop stewards.

The worst canditate gets fired and then sue's for wrongful dismissal.

The rest of the canditates go on strike in support of there follow competitor.

It gets referred to the LRC and all canditiates are hired with all the benefits and ridiculous pensions

End of series.....

That's brilliant! Been laughing all morning at that.

Insults towards other members will not be tolerated.

It's hardly an insult. Do you not think it would be better to accept my word for it rather than ban me outright? What harsh moderating...

Yes it is, keep it up and I shall take further action.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

you bloody morons
    It's hardly an insult.
    What do you consider an insult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

iMax wrote: »
    His partner is going to be one of them according to himself on today fm last night. I'm going to guess one of his daughters who runs the motor business for him would be the other one.

Looking forward to this to be honest. I love the apprentice, have seen all seasons of all series of it (Trump, Stewart & Sugar).

I heard the third one was his nephew
    I'm sure the show will all be about him and how great he is would anybody really want to be is apprentice ?
    would they just not send him off to space now and do us all a favour !!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Any time that the Irish shows rip off an established programme it's a joke.

Remember "Who wants to be a millionaire", the €500 question was like the £32,000 question in the UK.

Some days you would have needed degree's in Irish history and geography to get past the €1000

"They will win a 12 month contract working alongside Bill with a package worth €100,000.'"
    Package?
    Car rentail, put up in some posh hotel & 2 bob wages!?

My first reaction was that I'd rather iron my sack than hear Bill Cullen yet again dispense his advice on life, but it sounds like it might be car crash tv and fun. How long before he talks about his gruelling push up regime? The man is hilarious, and I'm not sure he appreciates it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

elshambo wrote: »
    "They will win a 12 month contract working alongside Bill with a package worth €100,000.'"
    Package?
    Car rentail, put up in some posh hotel & 2 bob wages!?

No. That would be the package of the Tayto Cheese and Onion crips washed down with a glass of the T-K Red lemonade there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

So who has applied then :D

http://www.tv3.ie/theapprentice/

Only saw this yesterday but in keeping with some (most ahem) of the posts on this thread I cant believe Dr.Bill and his cheeky charlies has been chosen:eek:

eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7KGY744xk

Seriously though, why couldnt they secure someone of O'Reilly / O'Brien / O'Leary /Smurfit stature ? This is going to be hilarious :D

Also note the t's and c's, you earn a "package" of €100K which prob means €30k salary and a renault for every member of the family :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Yes it is, keep it up and I shall take further action.
    Screw Bill Cullen... put Bond-007 in charge! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think this should be renamed Bill Cullen ...... You're Fired

Not happening.

Mr E wrote: »
    Screw Bill Cullen... put Bond-007 in charge! :p
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I would be ruthless in the boardroom. I would make Alan Sugar look like father Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

"Screentime ShinAwiL Productions"

Nuff said!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

What do you bet we'll get lots of dramatic music (Prokofiev?) and overhead shots of Dublin.

Though there's only so many times you can keep switching between overhead shots of Liberty Hall, the IFSC and Canary Dwarf :D

They could use aerial shots of Citywest and Tallaght interspersed with shots of the M50. :D

Maybe it won't be based in Dublin, they could take the show to the real capital down in the PRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Maybe it won't be based in Dublin, they could take the show to the real capital.
    Galway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Saw an ad for this a few minutes ago. Same music, same type of background, etc, but it looked quite unprofessional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

janeybabe wrote: »
    Saw an ad for this a few minutes ago. Same music, same type of background, etc, but it looked quite unprofessional.
    Of course it is,its Irish tv!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement