Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New provisional law

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Biro wrote: »
    which I'm guessing means that when you get your provisional license...

Learners Permit;)
    Biro wrote: »
    you have to wait 6 months before applying for the test, I don't know.

You can sit your test the day you have had your license 6 months, so you can apply before your 6 months are up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Learners Permit;)

You can sit your test the day you have had your license 6 months, so you can apply before your 6 months are up.

Thanks for the info!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Victor wrote:
    unlicensed people who didn't bother their holes applying for the drivng test in time whinging about having to abide by the laws that the rest of us do.

It's not that we didn't, we couldn't. I've no pity on any who has a provisional that can do there test at any stage and hasn't it done and is complaining now, i have pity for the people who have to wait a mandatory six months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jbmcbcy

Leaner Permits were brought in on the 30th of October last year. The 30th of June deadline only applies to those still on provisional licenses, which means that anyone holding a 2nd provisional license will have to drive with a fully licensed driver who has held his/her license for 2 years or more after the 30th of June deadline.

Waiting times have dropped drastically, to the extent that a date for a test can be gotten in and average of 8 weeks, and as little as 4 weeks for a lot of Dublin test centres.

And just to note, come the day of your test you must be holding your learners permit for 6 months, you can apply for your test before having your license for months.

i believe waiting lists are shorter now.

my brother applied for his test middle of april and he got his schedule today... he'll do his test in tallaght on the 8th of june.

got my test schedule in just 4 weeks after applying last year (tullamore).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jbmcbcy wrote: »
    i believe waiting lists are shorter now.

my brother applied for his test middle of april and he got his schedule today... he'll do his test in tallaght on the 8th of june.

got my test schedule in just 4 weeks after applying last year (tullamore).

Mhmmmmm that's what i said:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Zube wrote: »
    How will your insurance co. feel about your first big smash? Do come back and let us know! If you hit me, I'm reasonably sure they'll pay up. I wouldn't bother with comprehensive cover if I were you, though, you'l need the premium to pay for a lawyer to stand up in court and tell the judge "admitted and regretted" while you look suitably sorry in your new suit and haircut.
    I lol'd

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jbmcbcy

Mhmmmmm that's what i said:rolleyes:

;) just shows i agreed with you. :)

jbmcbcy wrote: »
    ;) just shows i agreed with you. :)

Haha, Alri then!:pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement