Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish 'Punk' group

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

That's some awful ****in ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Eoghanacht

Seaneh wrote: »

Where's their Midlands accents gone?

Singer is from Berkley.

Singer is from Berkley.
    The band or the place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Eoghanacht

Singer is from Berkley.

Of course he is!

The place, has lived in athlone for the last 6 years.
    The Bassist is Tadgh Kelleher, owner of Athlone school of contempary mousic and honours gradguate of the london royal acadmy of music and all around musical genius, drummer is a local lad as well.

They're all insanely talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Marc Agony wrote: »
    Deffo Paranoid Visions, I also remember enjoying Not Our World, Three Ring Psychosis, Ciunas, some three piece from Tallaght at the SNUFF New Inn Gig that I never heard of again (anyone help me out there?) SLF, Gash Factory from Waterford

Ooooh JAYSUS,

I didn't need that, now I feel old.

Do you remember the old gigs in The Fox and Pheasant, and The Earl Grattan. I remember seeing the Jelly Babies, they were excellent and fast, circa 1989/90.
    The lead singer was a great big geek of a bloke but they were instantly lovable.....the giutarist was like a mini joey ramone, played an SG guitar, with a club milk wrapper stuck to it....they had a song called "Brittas Bay"........
    ........BUT YET....I can't remember sh1t that happened three days ago!

Acid was popular back then ...I remember that!!! :)

Wonder what ever happened to etc etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Probably not the best but they deserve a mention anyway: The Outcasts, trying to download something of theirs for ages but cant find anything.

The best has to be SLF, the others dont even come close.

Have you actually heard the others?? SLF are very much a case of "it's better to burn out than to fade away". Their later stuff is utter pish.

• Advertisement

dregin wrote: »
    Have you actually heard the others?? SLF are very much of a case of it's better to burn out that to fade away. Their later stuff is utter pish.
    I was at an SLF gig last year and believe me, they have neither burnt out or faded away. I have never seen a place rock as much as the gig that night, it was the best night of my life and that is a view that was shared by many that were there.
    Yeah their later stuff was **** but does that mean the early stuff looses its credibility. Paranoid visions played in our town a few months ago and they were meant to be ****.

I've seen em and very much enjoyed it the last 3 years that doesn't make up for the fact that overall they just aren't as good as many other Irish bands. The one thing they have that others don't is that they were there "back in the day".

Sorry, but "meant to be" isn't "I was there, saw them, have listened to their back catalogue and can now make my own opinion of the band".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa Your a spa

You're*

;)

You like Paranoid Visions best, I like SLF best, who cares, we are all happy.

dregin wrote: »
    The person who starts the thread usually makes a few suggestions themselves.....

Anyway, currently playing I'd go for either Runnin Riot or The Excuses. Of all time it would probably be between Striknien DC, Skint or............ Runnin Riot again :P

I don't see paranoid visions anywhere in that list :)

I must have mixed up your post with someone else's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 peter jones

SLF Paranoid Visions were the best as far as i`m concerned. as far as i know big deko(leader singer) was the only member in both Striknien D.C. and Paranoid Visions. I can`t believe no one has mention Indecent Exposure. are there any of the indecent crew posting here. i know little deko is married with kids. trevour fayzer neger are you out there

trevor is the singer / shouter in coldwar!

beano played with pv for a year or so and he was in striknein, also townsend played for a while in PV, but neither of them at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 peter jones

for me it was napalm sunday

and

incidentally

part 2 of the paranoid visions ep series will be the unrealeased 4 track napalm sunday e.p (orange boys / psycho boy / pagan / catalogue) on, hopefully, 7" vinyl

we will launch in on....................PALM SUNDAY

only problem is I don't know what date that is, so watch this space!

and NO...None of us were in the atrix, that would make us all at least 10 years older and possibly more deceased than we are

QUOTE=wearetheromans;56128703]I hate the term 'punk' because it is just a big contradiction, anyway, who do people reckon are the best Irish band with any sort of punk influence in their sound?[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

followed closely by Mixtwitch.

Ah Mixtwitch, I've got to be their number one fan :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

no such a thing as punk... its either screamo or a green day tribute band... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Your a fùcking idiot. You clearly don't know anything about the Irish punk scene so stop posting.

TB_Poster_sml.jpg

Come to this gig and call any of the bands screamo or green day. That'll be a quick education.

cùnt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

The Pogues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Amorphous Head

stiff little fingers, that petrol emotion or the murphys

stiff little fingers, that petrol emotion or the murphys

Since when are the murphys Irish? or are you not talking about DKM?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

And to put this thread to bed. NappyRash were the best Irish punk band ever with cheapskate coming in a close second.

Personally I think Cheapskate should be above NappyRash in the pecking order. Other notable mentions are Dope John Paul and Alcatholicism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Kenn sprinter

Go'on Mr. Chaos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

S.I.R wrote: »
    no such a thing as punk... its either screamo or a green day tribute band... :mad:

OLP wrote: »
    Your a fùcking idiot. You clearly don't know anything about the Irish punk scene so stop posting.

Hahaha. Someone missed the joke...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

....who do people reckon are the best Irish band with any sort of punk influence in their sound?

Their teeth and skin of join the mix:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Jesus guys..i'm like reading this like thread thingy and i'm like really upset that no one has like even mentioned the best like punk band in Ireland and possibly the world man...
    In my local wine bar in D4 they like play them non stop to get us pogo-ing , christ sometimes i even take like my sweater off and leave it somewhere like safe, its Ralph Lauren you know....AND i have them playing constantly like on the cd player in the Porche.....
    My fave album is deffo like...WAR.........:D:D:D

Advertisement