Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish 'Punk' group

Options

Comments

Stiff Little Fingers without a shadow of a doubt. One of the greatest bands ever and one whose influence is never recognised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭WicklowRacer

Radiators From Space.

The Television Screen 7" is an all time classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The Atrix, if you wanna call them punk rockers, more art skool boys really.
    Still think U2 robbed 11 o'clock tick tock keyboards from treasure in the wasteland.
    The singer died few years back in amsterdam (od).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Kenn sprinter

Jobbykrust, Cuinas, Striknien D.C, Bleeding Rectum, The Dagda, Jackbeast, Kidd Blunt, The Radiators. There are loads more of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Striknien D.C

Did they have anything to do with Paranoid Visions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Did they have anything to do with Paranoid Visions?
    Yes, some of the same members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 eoghan_dubhdara

paranoid visions, i think are without doubt the best punk band. there music shakes your heart open and iflames your soul. well thats my to cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 eoghan_dubhdara

as a side note i dont like stricknein DC. bit too loud for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

SLF FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dan o kelly

SLF Paranoid Visions were the best as far as i`m concerned. as far as i know big deko(leader singer) was the only member in both Striknien D.C. and Paranoid Visions. I can`t believe no one has mention Indecent Exposure. are there any of the indecent crew posting here. i know little deko is married with kids. trevour fayzer neger are you out there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Fayzer from skint/runnin riot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 eoinmaclove

SLF Paranoid Visions were the best as far as i`m concerned. as far as i know big deko(leader singer) was the only member in both Striknien D.C. and Paranoid Visions. I can`t believe no one has mention Indecent Exposure. are there any of the indecent crew posting here. i know little deko is married with kids. trevour fayzer neger are you out there

Beano who played drums in Striknien also played Drums with paranoid visions at various times, although arguably Deko was the main link between the two. Not sure Beano ever actually recorded anything with PV's.

To answer the original question, for me Paranoid Visions are the best ever Irish Punk band. Not sure they would've wanted it but they definitely deserved more widespread recognition. The latest ep TOTW is absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see them live again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sandy 67

djScarey wrote: »
    The Undertones were deemed "New Wave", no??? The Boomtown Rats were originally more punky than the Undertones, imo.

Listen to Teenage Kicks and tell me they weren't punk - even down to the cheesey hand claps. A song very much in the mould of The Ramones.

http://www.youtube.com/v/wAtUw6lxcis&hl=en&fs=1

Best Irish Punk band - Stiff Little Fingers - Best cover of a Bob Marley song ever!

dergin .. ye i think that he went on to play with skint. tubby little fella, if you know him or met him will you tell him i said hello
    eoinmaclove.. ye beano was the one i was unsure about

Aye beano recorded a few tracks on the last PV album. Don't know Fayzer personally. Don't think he's been around the scene for a good while. There's been talk of a Striknien re-union for bloody ages... dunno if it'll ever happen, though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 eoinmaclove

A striknien reunion would be great. their early stuff is second to none.
    Doesn't Beano live in Berlin now?

I still think Deko is a legend though, or should that be anti-legend? :D

Heard he might be comin back. Dunno. Damn random rumours.

Munroe will know!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

although i see striknien dc play lots of times. i can`t remember the name of one of there albums or songs.strange as sometimes i used to get on stage and help with backing vocals other times i used to sleep on stage. far to much fosters .deko must be the wrong side of fifty now. but i don`t think that you mention Irish punk without him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Current or past?

The Undertones/The Pogues if past.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

The Radiators (from space) by miles.

DC Nein weren't punk as I remember. They were more Bowie second side of Low electronic stuff. That was the early eighties, long after the punk explosion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Has anyone heard of Bored With Cereal? They're my favourite Irish punk group.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=nq1sGI2DNfE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Complan Complan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Kidd Blunt.

Kidd Blunt.

Blood Or Whiskey.......................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Kenn sprinter

dergin .. ye i think that he went on to play with skint. tubby little fella, if you know him or met him will you tell him i said hello
    eoinmaclove..

You'll have to drop into Mountjoy if you want to say hello to Fayzer. He dropped out of the punk scene a few years ago and into the smack scene. Pretty sad as he was a sound fella and good drummer.

And to put this thread to bed. NappyRash were the best Irish punk band ever with cheapskate coming in a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Best Irish punk band definitely SLF

Funny happens to be my user name too.

It would be open to debate whether or not Johnny Rotten is Irish and thus The Sex Pistols would be part Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Eoghanacht

S.L.F wrote: »

It would be open to debate whether or not Johnny Rotten is Irish and thus The Sex Pistols would be part Irish.

If that's the case Generation X/Billy Idol would squeeze in there too under the parent rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Eoghanacht wrote: »
    If that's the case Generation X/Billy Idol would squeeze in there too under the parent rule.

If we could get a grandparent from a Blondie or Ramones member we'd really be in business.

Pity they're all ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Marc Agony

Deffo Paranoid Visions, I also remember enjoying Not Our World, Three Ring Psychosis, Ciunas, some three piece from Tallaght at the SNUFF New Inn Gig that I never heard of again (anyone help me out there?) SLF, Gash Factory from Waterford

Advertisement