Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your modifed/performance car(**DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES**)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dustpuppy

Hi lads,
    here is my baby. I had around 2 weeks to get my blue beetle ready for the show in Mosney. Here is, with what i was there.

front_2.jpg

The FlipFlop front with the external oilcooling system
    hood_3.jpg
    hood_4.jpg

Headlights black inside
    headlight.jpg

Here goes the cool air in
    front_1.jpg

Here the warm air comes out
    air_outlet.jpg

Leather seats
    seats.jpg

No back seats, but lot of music
    music_2.jpg

And Eightballs all over

Switches at the dashboard
    dashboard.jpg

Valve caps
    wheels.jpg

Door pins
    doorpins.jpg

On the top
    ball_1.jpg

All that's left is the carpet and getting the seat belts black

Hope you like it. It's total different, but it's also an eye catcher. And it has more power then a little, funny Civic with a poor bodykit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I'm planning on doing it to my Golf. I got quoted 500euro to do just the bumper bits and the handles, none of the lower bits. Apparently they have to sand it down or whatever, get those little bits off the plastic first, then special primer, then paint. I was sickened.:(

If u do it let me know how u get on

I actually did it myself on my Mk3, its well worth doing.

Was just wondering if anyone did it on their passat and what it looked like, dont want it to look a mess if i did it.

Do you have a MK3 or MK4 golf?

Heres how I did my MK3 in case you want to know:

1 X Spray can plastic primer
    2 X Spray cans of mixed paint (my motor factor mixes the paint for you, just get the right paint code, he can put it in an aerosol)
    1 X Spray can clear laquer.
    1 X roll masking tape
    Several newspapers ;)

What I did was gave the car a good washing and made sure the bumpers were completely clean.
    When it dried fully I masked up the body with newspaper, take your time and do it right, it will pay off.
    Spray the laquer evenly and allow to dry, make sure not to get any drips.
    Spray the paint nice and evenly, apply a couple of coats, i just used up all the cans.
    Laquer it.

It really is that easy and it is definately worth it on a MK3, just take your time at it.

@Tossy, yea I know, I've been thinking about putting the normal lights back on for a while, I've gone off the whole lexus lights thing, I think the normal ones are pretty ugly too though, I mustn't be a real VAG head :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

U see the problem is u have to sand down the plastic dimple thingy's on the rub strips. Or else u won't get the shine. If u look very closey at urs u'll see what i'm talking about... I just bought wheels now, so i've to get my spoiler sprayed and my grill. Have the Gti lights on already. It's a mk4 btw...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

draffodx wrote: »
    Driving with fog lights on when its not actually foggy is illegal because fog lights are designed to shine through fog so if its not foggy they'll be blinding other road users.

Ya I know, as I said I will have them on sometimes and I will forget they are on.

I see more people drive with foglights on than off tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

U see the problem is u have to sand down the plastic dimple thingy's on the rub strips. Or else u won't get the shine. If u look very closey at urs u'll see what i'm talking about... I just bought wheels now, so i've to get my spoiler sprayed and my grill. Have the Gti lights on already. It's a mk4 btw...

Ah I see what you mean.. I had no prob giving it a go on mine as it was an old MK3, the dimples are in it anyway on all those afaik.

Would you maybe consider getting some good wet and dry sand paper and testing it out on smal area on a hidden part of the bumper, like the underneath? I could see it coming up pretty good if you took your time.

I know you'd be hesitant to try out these things though, obviously its easy to suggest it.

Would you not consider spraying your own spoiler? I did the lip spoiler on my passat and it came out fine.

What wheels did you get if you dont mind me asking?

By the way, nice sig ;)

• Advertisement

PaulKK wrote: »
    Ah I see what you mean.. I had no prob giving it a go on mine as it was an old MK3, the dimples are in it anyway on all those afaik.

Would you maybe consider getting some good wet and dry sand paper and testing it out on smal area on a hidden part of the bumper, like the underneath? I could see it coming up pretty good if you took your time.

I know you'd be hesitant to try out these things though, obviously its easy to suggest it.

Would you not consider spraying your own spoiler? I did the lip spoiler on my passat and it came out fine.

What wheels did you get if you dont mind me asking?

By the way, nice sig ;)

I was thinking about going ooot to me scrappy and gettin a piece and spraying it.

I'm a bit particular, so i want the colour to be right on the spolier:D I would try it myself, but only sprayed a vintage car before that didn't involve laquer.

Bought the same as these (which i should of had today grrrr.)
    http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=OE+Replica&wheelmodel=Audi+RS4
    I'll post a pic when i get them on the car, which would want to be tomorrow or there will be a few angered phone calls made:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Ya I know, as I said I will have them on sometimes and I will forget they are on.

I see more people drive with foglights on than off tho.

Aye, and more people don't know how to use a roundabout than do as well.

Just gimps tbh.

Got new wheels for me Golf today, but as ye probably saw on the Motors side they were scratched:mad:... Gotta wait another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

what wheels did you get lm if imay ask? PM me if you want to keep it on the down low

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Got new wheels for me Golf today, but as ye probably saw on the Motors side they were scratched:mad:... Gotta wait another few days.

Crap.. What type and size did you go for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

my 1.5 lsi civic coupe

black dash model
    cobra Red bucket seats
    tinted windows
    carbon fibre mirrors (just put on recently)
    full xenon bodykit
    lowered
    17' white alloys
    fleck lacquer
    supra style spoiler
    lexus lights

2cwv991.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Take off that spoiler and ya have a nice car. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Is there any somfort running on 17s?

Looks good from the pic, any more pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Dustpuppy wrote: »

Hope you like it. It's total different, but it's also an eye catcher. And it has more power then a little, funny Civic with a poor bodykit :D

I like it DP. Please tell me you have some kind of Porsche engine in there?

Also whats with the 8 ball theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

my 1.5 lsi civic coupe

black dash model
    cobra Red bucket seats
    tinted windows
    carbon fibre mirrors (just put on recently)
    full xenon bodykit
    lowered
    17' white alloys
    fleck lacquer
    supra style spoiler
    lexus lights

2cwv991.jpg

Kind of wicked civic :) , thoguht you have some ather pictures? you cant see alot of it from this :( . Thought i really liked this generation more, then next one to come.

Right lads, wheels are on(well three of them haha couldn't wait) Don't have a pic of them yet. They are the old style rs4's in 17". If ye're wondering why i can only have three on, here's a pic of me car on the back of a tow truck in the middle of clare after the timing belt snapped:eek::mad::(
    Towtruck.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

my 1.5 lsi civic coupe

lexus lights

Please please take the lexus lights off, they ruin a car!!
    car on the back of a tow truck in the middle of clare after the timing belt snapped:eek::mad::(

damn, much damage done?

draffodx wrote: »
    damn, much damage done?

Won't know till the morning when i get to attack it. I hope not, spent just over a grand on the car in the last week, did not need this to happen lol...
    I put three of the wheels on, as it'll be sitting for a bit. Waiting on the arrival of my unscratched 4th wheel. Will put up a crappy pic as soon as my phone decides to leave me take it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Alz®

If the timebelt snapped i'd say your looking at over 1k to repair the damage, valves bent etc Timbelts should be done 50k regardless, forever telling people :pac:

Alz® wrote: »
    If the timebelt snapped i'd say your looking at over 1k to repair the damage, valves bent etc Timbelts should be done 50k regardless, forever telling people :pac:

So far €300, should cost more than another €300, it's looking gooooooooood::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

My 1.3 Glanza V. Currently putting out 183 bhp at the wheels.

glanza1fi5.jpg
    glanza1fi5.a4e63c39f9.jpg

Take off that spoiler and ya have a nice car.

bumpers would look silly without the spoiler, believe me i wasnt mad about it either .. maybe change it about in the future.
    Is there any somfort running on 17s?

Looks good from the pic, any more pics?

there is once you dont hit bumps to fast or hard.

ill put more up more in a minute :)
    Kind of wicked civic smile.gif , thoguht you have some ather pictures? you cant see alot of it from this frown.gif . Thought i really liked this generation more, then next one to come.

ill add more pictures now :)
    i really like these ones too.
    Please please take the lexus lights off, they ruin a car!!

Oh they do , i hate them :( when ive some money they'll be changed.

206hh86.jpg
    34e2ntj.jpg
    2e14sag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

Duff wrote: »

I WANT!
    you on dtdirl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

glanza1fi5.jpg
    glanza1fi5.a4e63c39f9.jpg

its also got the worst handeling in the world, and ugly as ****

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

nice power output!! (I hate Glanza's though)

you ever have any luck with integra insurance??

bumpers would look silly without the spoiler, believe me i wasnt mad about it either .. maybe change it about in the future.

there is once you dont hit bumps to fast or hard.

ill put more up more in a minute :)

ill add more pictures now :)
    i really like these ones too.

Oh they do , i hate them :( when ive some money they'll be changed.

206hh86.jpg
    34e2ntj.jpg
    2e14sag.jpg

hmm lexus light are not that bad, its just it bacame more common then standart ones :D .

Thought you could put on new headlights. You know, the ones which are with indicator together. It would make it look fresher m8. atleast in my opinion :d. Btw is is standart 1.5? or vtec? Did you do any mods inside of it?

hmm lexus light are not that bad, its just it bacame more common then standart ones :D .

Thought you could put on new headlights. You know, the ones which are with indicator together. It would make it look fresher m8. atleast in my opinion :d. Btw is is standart 1.5? or vtec? Did you do any mods inside of it?

Thats very true lol, i tink i may get shadow black ones, change the headlights hrmm never taut of it and it takes money which i dont have lol.

1.5 lsi which is not vtec :) i would love vtec but not just yet with insurance etc..

mods on the inside , its got cobra bucket seats, Momo steering wheel
    Momo shift knob, Momo handbrake gaitor.

Full Spec :
    1995 Honda Civic Lsi Coupe
    1.5 Lsi
    Red with metal flake lacquer
    Induction Kit
    Exhaust system
    Full xenon bodykit
    17"white alloys
    Corba Bucket seats
    Clear indicators and side repeaters
    Lowered
    Momo steering wheel
    Momo shift knob
    Momo handbrake gaitor
    Lexus style rear lights
    Sony headunit
    Tints all round
    Carbon mirrors > only new.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

heres my two babies
    s14297064680a4108113842b927638580m.jpg
    9122403a4068172771b120256784m-1.jpg
    3739891201a4097298204b115494212m.jpg
    oil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

and my s13 silvia
    dtd5.jpg
    mybaby3.jpg
    mybaby1.jpg

• Advertisement

heres my two babies
    s14297064680a4108113842b927638580m.jpg
    9122403a4068172771b120256784m-1.jpg
    3739891201a4097298204b115494212m.jpg
    oil.jpg
    Just 1 thing. Are those 2 only for drifting? are one ofthem for casual use? I am thinking getting myself Silvia or skyline as soon as i hit 25, but problem is: can they be used every day? or better keep it for weakends and for fun?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement