Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your modifed/performance car(**DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my euro r has white hid lights, at night i drive on side lights with the fogs on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Fogs are a pain in the ass! You know why there called fog lights ye? The beam of the light isn't directed like headlights so most of the time they blind oncoming drivers.

I don't mean to sound bitc*y but it is annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ramanujan wrote: »
    Nice wheels draff.... much prefer that than the usual white teggys i see around.. What zorst you got on it?

its standard at the minute, i'm just finished 3rd year in college and undecided about whether to go back for an honours degree or get a job but when i do finally get money the whole exhaust system will be changed from the manifold back as this is restrictive on the uk model of the integra.

3ltr
    v6
    Quadcam
    24 valve
    185bhp standard @ 5800rpm
    189 ft/lbf of torque @ 4600rpm

The power spread of the 3VZ-FE is wide, having 100% torque between 2500 rpm - 4600 rpm, with power trailing off by 6000 rpm. Stock redline is 6600 rpm, and the ECU's fuel/ignition cut is 7200 rpm. Coupled with custom madifold and staright thru exhausts off each bank and apexi induction kit so it should move the mr2 pretty quick....

Image039.jpg

Only problem is that its still on the pallet...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

MOG7 wrote: »
    Fogs are a pain in the ass! You know why there called fog lights ye? The beam of the light isn't directed like headlights so most of the time they blind oncoming drivers.

I don't mean to sound bitc*y but it is annoying...

The only time I find problems with them is on the back roads.. Other than that don’t think iv been blinded with them, This is going to sound stupid and will prob get people moaning:D but I drive during the day with my front fogs on, Dunno about anyone else but I find it a lot safer cars can judge the distance better when they see your lights coming plus with the glare of the sun i find it a lot easier to see oncoming cars with there lights on..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

draffodx wrote: »
    its standard at the minute, i'm just finished 3rd year in college and undecided about whether to go back for an honours degree or get a job but when i do finally get money the whole exhaust system will be changed from the manifold back as this is restrictive on the uk model of the integra.

Yea, a full system would be nice alrite, much better than just a ricer back box. You'll defo have to get one. Where abouts you located? Havn't seen many red one about. I'm in a similar boat as you as I've just finished coll, I'm debeating over a full exhaust system or just cat back. Like if I get a full system then ill propably need to get it re set up on a rolling road cos the ecu wont have a clue whats going on! whereas with the cat back I can just enjoy the noise and the looks, but then I'll get no performance gain. Depends on the cash situation I suppose! Then again is there really much point in having 230bhp+ when 200 is probably at the limit as to what the chasis can handle well....

Tossy, yea the rline is incredible looking alrite, awesome gti are the only place i know selling it, 340 sterling plus vat. which is pricey!! would love it though. If you hear of any second hand ones cropping up let me know.

Mog, engine sounds good, you may as well get it set up on a RR, transfer the peak torque higher up the band maybe. (Unless you like that wide band, as itll be good for everyday driving less good for "spirited driving") that coupled with a new exhaust you should see a nice increase in peak hp.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I wouldnt buy a bag of sweets of awesome,try these guys for a start,

tmtuning.com

i only know 2 R line rear bumpers in the country and maybe twice that in the UK so chances of gettingo ne second hand are rare.

Mog, engine sounds good, you may as well get it set up on a RR, transfer the peak torque higher up the band maybe. (Unless you like that wide band, as itll be good for everyday driving less good for "spirited driving") that coupled with a new exhaust you should see a nice increase in peak hp.

Cheers man, i'm just going to get a rr when i finish just to see the final power, i'll be happy for a while just with the noise of the v6, and hopefully i plan, 3 years time get a 3vz rebuilt with forged internals, get the heads done, a turbo, or a supercharger or if i'm lucky maybe compound charge it. There is no limit to how much can be done to this engine. There is already a few supercharged ones in England and 1 turbo one and i know it is possible to do both which would be a dream... Wouldn't be far off being on classic tax and insurance either lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Really need to get the RC's. My car is crying out for them. They are the dogs!!!!

If ur selling those Rs4's u know where to go :D
    I would show mine but all i've done so far is gti lights. I've a gti spoiler got for it along with a debadged grill. The spoiler is in reflex silver so i need to spray that, along with the grill and the plastic mouldings on the car. So i'm waitin to do them all at the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

MOG7 wrote: »
    Also do you actually drive with your fog lights on? When its not foggy?

Sometimes ya. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yea, a full system would be nice alrite, much better than just a ricer back box. You'll defo have to get one. Where abouts you located? Havn't seen many red one about. I'm in a similar boat as you as I've just finished coll, I'm debeating over a full exhaust system or just cat back. Like if I get a full system then ill propably need to get it re set up on a rolling road cos the ecu wont have a clue whats going on! whereas with the cat back I can just enjoy the noise and the looks, but then I'll get no performance gain.

thats the handy part about the honda, i simply reset the ecu and it will learn to run properly with the new system as you drive it then :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Sometimes ya. :rolleyes:

Why?

kfk wrote: »
    Why?

Probably because he thinks it looks "cool"...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Wow.

Is all i can say really..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Vain wrote: »
    Sweet golf.. You going putting on the anniversary kit on it?? Iv it on my golf, its on the first post on this tread incase ya didnt spot it:p

my brother lives up north and has that golf anniversary gttdi

nice motor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

NiSmO wrote: »

My wow was at the last golf there...amazing looking.

but the fact that you're doing it yourself anyway! fair play :cool:
    The miltek exhaust system sounds amazing..

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Mine, 2003 M3.

When i got it ..

E46M31.jpg
    E46M32.jpg

As it is today ...

CSLs3.jpg
    CSLs2.jpg
    CSLs4.jpg

Mods so far are:

CCFL's
    Eibach Pro Kit
    OEM CSL Bootlid
    OEM 19" CSL Wheels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

not mine but done by a graffiti artist

5108408976a7917341124o.jpg

nothing done to the body yet, wanna get a d badge grill, lowered, deep dish rims and new lights... ive put a full sound system in that all so far not having a full time job sucks

IMG_0787.jpg

rear shelf and boot.....
    IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

i forgot to mention as you can see the shelf is tidy and clean, we wernt so perticular with the boot and the wiering as nobody is really going to see it.... i will get around to tidying it up eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

Thread is really starting to take off,

Nismo, nice motor! Kinda hard to make out the black wheels you plan on getting. What are they BBS CHs? nice choice if so. Liking the bumper also, a guy on ukmkivs did it to his gt170 diesel mk5 and it looks the nuts, he got a milltek too. Think its my favourite "ass" for the mk5

And that m3 is superb. The only thing i'm not crazy about on the stock m3 is the wheels, even the upgraded ones (still wouldn't say no like!). Think the CSL rims suit the car so much better. May i ask why you got the eibach pro kit? unhappy with the standard set up performance-wise? or to make the archs fit snuggily over the 19s?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

nothing done to the body yet, wanna get a d badge grill, lowered, deep dish rims and new lights... ive put a full sound system in that all so far not having a full time job sucks

IMG_0787.jpg

Complete waste of money modding that dinosaur IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Kfk why don't you show us your pride and joy? this is not the first time you have posted on this thread with your pearls of wisdom,i'm guessing if you are lurking in the modified cars section you must have more than a passing interest,so come on show us your beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

kfk wrote: »
    God, thats an awful looking yoke![/QUOTE

Ahhhhhh, Its not that bad!! like the colour..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

DaveD wrote: »
    Mine, 2003 M3.

When i got it ..

E46M31.jpg
    E46M32.jpg

As it is today ...

CSLs3.jpg
    CSLs2.jpg
    CSLs4.jpg

Mods so far are: