Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Dunno about Ajanta but ate in the Kitchen last Friday. What a lovely place! The food was excellent...we usually go to Scholars for a special meal but this really gave them a run for their money. I really love the original take on dishes too, I had a duck kebab served with kumquats instead of the usual duck breast with orange sauce...was inspired to say the least. My boyfriend's cod was superb too...highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

The kitchen always gets good reviews!

windmillwarrior, come back to punjabi!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

I did on saturday Rossin! Top notch as always. Got a vegetable vindaloo, with proper bleedin vegetables in it. And the spuds, love the spuds in a vindaloo. Class!

Ordered a Bengal Spice tonight.

Always stick with the Punjabi House for Indian food, but decided to try somewhere else (honestly, it was just because they had Chicken Pakora on the menu, and they work out cheaper than the Punjabi, so figured what's to lose from trying them).

The Chicken Pakora in the Punjabi is made up of several pieces of chicken. Each a tender, soft piece of very succulent chicken with a rich crispy coating and mildly 'hot' taste. It is possibly the nicest chicken product in the world.

The Chicken Parkora in the Bengal Spice, is made up of several pieces of squared off chicken, each wrapped in what looks like a ball of batter, that spews grease at you when you bite into it.

My friend got Beef Korma. Had about 3 pieces of beef in what looked like a very watered down parsley sauce. I've never had Beef Korma, but he literally scraped it into the bin about 2 minutes after sitting down with it (i should be up front here and say that I don't know if he actually ate 'all' the beef or not though).

He took some of the chicken pieces from the chicken curry that I ordered. My chicken curry wasn't great. The curry seemed like any old curry you'd bang together in a few minutes at home. I wasn't overly impressed. The curry in most chippers when you get curry chips would be notably better, but I will say that they were generous with the amount of chicken that they put into it.

He complained of his plain naan not being cooked enough. My coriander naan was nearly burnt to a crisp on one side.

Throughout eating my chicken curry, I found a little hair in it (complimentary, of course).

The chips were nice though. The rice was... well... rice.

So although I can say that I will never return again, I'll also be honest and say that, for the €35 forked out, it's the best laugh I've had in a long time!

Oh Punjabi, how I apologies for straying!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Where would you say has the best deal set menu for dinner Mid week like a Thursday night?

• Advertisement

And does Aisha bistro serve small Portions? Particular with their early bird cos it cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

West 29 and Antica Tuscana both have midweek early birds, 2 courses for €15-17 and the food has always been quality in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭blingrhino

anybody in the forge collon since it reopened?
    i cant seem to find a link/website....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

blingrhino wrote: »
    anybody in the forge collon since it reopened?
    i cant seem to find a link/website....

Facebook "the forge gallery restaurant"....seems expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

LovexxLife wrote: »
    And does Aisha bistro serve small Portions? Particular with their early bird cos it cheaper?

In my experience, no. One of the best places to eat in Drogheda for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Sad news , Bia both Drogheda and Dunleer closed down and Mi Casa also closed its doors over the weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

moonshadow wrote: »
    Sad news , Bia both Drogheda and Dunleer closed down and Mi Casa also closed its doors over the weekend :(

I thought Bia in Drogheda was just closed for renovations? They had signs up for the past couple of weeks saying they're closed Mon-Wed this week and reopening Thursday. Have you heard something to the contrary OP? Or just going by the closed doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭PGE1970

moonshadow wrote: »

I passed Bia in Drogheda yesterday and it was buzzing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I love the stirfry in Bia Drogheda! ;-( I hope it's nto closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Bia in Dunleer looked open today. It's never packed when I pass by there but there seemed to be the same amount of people in it as usual.

I'd be interested to know if Moonshadow has some more info.. I've often had lunch in the Drogheda one and have honestly never had any complaints about food or service. Be disappointed to hear they were closing down as they seemed to be doing all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I had dinner in the Black Bull on saturday evening , had not been in there for a few years and I have to say the food was excellent.
    Good service, excellent food, selection of breads to nibble on (we didnt ask for them ), starters of chicken wings , delicious, burgers and chicken dishes were excellent also. We were stuffed after it all.

Would definitely recommend and will be returning.

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I had dinner in the Black Bull on saturday evening , had not been in there for a few years and I have to say the food was excellent.
    Good service, excellent food, selection of breads to nipple on (we didnt ask for them ), starters of chicken wings , delicious, burgers and chicken dishes were excellent also. We were stuffed after it all.

Would definitely recommend and will be returning.

Autocorrect?:p

Jesus I hope so!

I love the BB. Will have to visit again soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Freudian slip :P

riveratom wrote: »
    Freudian slip :P

Let's hope that's all that's let slip!!!!!!! :-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

:D:D

Tidied up now, but a little bit too late :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Avid fan of Black Bull but booked out for first communion I have coming up..Any recommendations folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Bru?
    We were there for a couple of birthday lunches and I was very impressed.
    Excellent food and service.
    Not a place that's normally on our radar but couldn't fault it.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Has anyone been to De Lacy's in the D Hotel yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Bia in Dunleer looked open today.

Closed this afternoon though =/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

I was in Bia (Drogheda) yesterday and it's closed for renovations.
    There were a few lads inside painting the place and they said it would be back open in a few days.
    Is Aisha's gone?
    It was closed yesterday.

CPL 593H

Mi Casa is closed and it closed Saturday and was in there myself and didnt think anything was up

Bia is back open today as promised. Just a quick refurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

Decor in the BB a bit dated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I was in D'vine last night. The decor is nice and the food was grand. I liked it much better than the meal I had in Cairnes. The only problem was that the door of the ladies toilet had a little gap and let in a constant cold breeze around my legs.

Advertisement