Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

blingrhino wrote: »
    The new one in John street ?
    Seems to be a lot of negative reports on this restaurant .
    Believe a former pizzeria owner in Peter st ad him in te high court over the original name "da pizzeria " and they were made change it - still looks similar though ..
    James street? I was wondering why they changed the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭gipi

CMpunked wrote: »

Has anyone been to bia in the last while?
    It's been months since I was there after getting a half cooked and oily stir fry.
    Seems to have changed hands since then?

I was there with some friends about 6 weeks ago, my first time there in years. Funnily enough, I ordered the beef stir fry - noodles and veg were fine, but the beef had a horrid taste - like it had been in the fridge too long and had started to go off. Not a happy camper :(

Others had fish or veggie dishes and there were no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

I went to the new pizzeria on James' street a couple of weeks ago. I'm fairly easy going when it comes to food but it was fairly poor. I had the garlic bread which had no garlic taste off it. The spag bol was ok at best. The heat was ridiculous. I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

went to the valley inn on tuesday night, hadnt been in a good while, i had the duck, it was fantastic, really good feed was 18.95

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

I have been a big fan of Adjanta since it has opened. Last night we ordered a fairly big order with two lamb dishes. Previously the lamb had been lovely and tender but last nights was rubberised and you could have resoled your boots with it. I hope they are not slipping. I will give them another chance though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Simona's. Always quality. the pasta dishes are just so tasty, and good value. Find it hard to go anywhere else at all now its that good! Chips are amazing too, especially with the pasta!

Also that place Aisha's on Wellington Quay, again top notch, and again very attentive staff. The 2 best gaffs I've been in recent times by a country mile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Had lunch in Aisha's last week - 3 courses for 10 and was absolutely gorgeous. The girl looking after us was lovely, attentive without being intrusive and very witty.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

washiskin wrote: »
    Had lunch in Aisha's last week - 3 courses for 10 and was absolutely gorgeous. The girl looking after us was lovely, attentive without being intrusive and very witty.

yeah, forgot about the 3 courses for a tenner. Unreal value!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had lunch in Bru yesterday. First time in there.

Ordered the 10 quid steak, and being honest, got a 10 quid steak. Cooked perfectly to my liking, but was tough and chewy like a cheap piece of meat. But as I said, I got what I paid for I guess. The drinks were watered down alot which annoys me, but the chips and pepper sauce were awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Went to Eddie Rockets on Sat and will never, ever go back again. Ordered a southern fried chicken fillet burger and as you would, expected a burger with a whole southern fried chicken breast in it like you get in the chipper. When the burger came what was inside was no thicker than two rashers ! Waitress going by asked if everything was ok n I said no, they forgot to put the chicken in my burger. She was foreign n didn understand so I left it at that. I was disgusted though, still am now and will be till I get a real chicken fillet burger from the chipper on friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Porridge77

Its not often you come across deal vouchers on sale for Restaurants in Drogheda but there is a deal on at the moment on Menupages.ie - A 3 course meal for two from the a la carte menu in Antica Toscana - Link below for €34.95

Never been - Would anyone recommend?

http://deals.menupages.ie/AnticaToscanaLouth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

Yeah, we've been on 2 or 3 occasions and had a very nice meal each time.
    Pizzas are excellent and I had a nice steak there too if I recall correctly.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

Went to the Kitchen last week, four of us, two had the Hake special, one had the Tuna Salad and one had the pasta special, everyone was well satisfied. With one bottle of wine and one sparkling water (I was driving) and two coffees it came to just under €60. Have had the salads there before and they are always excellent, filling, and very good value. Was tempted by their cakes but resisted. Will certainly go again. That was for a lunchtime visit, not sure if they open in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Porridge77 wrote: »
    Its not often you come across deal vouchers on sale for Restaurants in Drogheda but there is a deal on at the moment on Menupages.ie - A 3 course meal for two from the a la carte menu in Antica Toscana - Link below for €34.95

Antica does the nicest steak in town bar none. Have been with large groups and nobody ever has any complaints to make about the food, delicious, service sometimes a tad iffy. Great deal, thanks for posting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So Fisherman's Wharf has jumped into my top 3 restaurants.

Went a few days back. Really nice decour, really nice food (in terms of taste, price and presentation) and just a good feel to the place. Had never even considered trying it before but someone grabbed me and brought me, and now I wish I had tried it sooner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Porridge77 wrote: »

Thanks for posting this, I bought two of the deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

So Fisherman's Wharf has jumped into my top 3 restaurants.

Went a few days back. Really nice decour, really nice food (in terms of taste, price and presentation) and just a good feel to the place. Had never even considered trying it before but someone grabbed me and brought me, and now I wish I had tried it sooner :)

I was there over the wknd... food is still very nice(ish) but the portion size leaves a lot to be desired. Reckon they changed their chef.
    Last time I was there I could not fault the place!
    Staff have not been affected though, very polite and smiley! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

kormak wrote: »
    I was there over the wknd... food is still very nice(ish) but the portion size leaves a lot to be desired. Reckon they changed their chef.
    Last time I was there I could not fault the place!
    Staff have not been affected though, very polite and smiley! :D[/

Exactly the same comments as kormak , especially the portion size !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Not exactly a restaurant review here, more of a bargain alert. Breakfast roll in the Market cafe in Drogheda every Saturday for €3.50 takeout only. Just had one and it was really good, a definite hangover buster!

the forge restaurant collon has reopened

• Advertisement

whelan1 wrote: »
    the forge restaurant collon has reopened

is it the same level of food or whats the story.

i use to love it in the good owl days ......

blingrhino wrote: »
    is it the same level of food or whats the story.

i use to love it in the good owl days ......
    no clue but i think my parents are heading next week, will report back, the forge has a fb page

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Honest Bob

Is there a link available for the facebook page for the Forge?

I can't seem to find any

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Was in Eastern Seaboard again last week, very busy as usual but I find this is always to the detriment of the service. I've never once had cause to complain about the food, everything I've tried on the menu has been lovely, very tasty but every time I go there's always that niggling feeling that staff are just too rushed, too busy and they usually forget something. Before it's been the salt & pepper (which they don't leave on tables), or trying to catch their eye for more butter, or clean cutlery when a fork was dropped - this time it was a staff member who asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu, we said yes and he forgot to bring them over, we had to ask again 10 minutes later. :(. It wouldn't be so bad if it was incidental, but it's every time we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Was in Eastern Seaboard again last week, very busy as usual but I find this is always to the detriment of the service. I've never once had cause to complain about the food, everything I've tried on the menu has been lovely, very tasty but every time I go there's always that niggling feeling that staff are just too rushed, too busy and they usually forget something. Before it's been the salt & pepper (which they don't leave on tables), or trying to catch their eye for more butter, or clean cutlery when a fork was dropped - this time it was a staff member who asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu, we said yes and he forgot to bring them over, we had to ask again 10 minutes later. :(. It wouldn't be so bad if it was incidental, but it's every time we go.

Its the most over-hyped restaurant I've ever been in. Would take a pizza in Clogherhead over it any day !

Carra23 wrote: »
    Its the most over-hyped restaurant I've ever been in. Would take a pizza in Clogherhead over it any day !

Booked a table in pizzeria clougherhead sat night for 8.30 .
    Arrived at 8.32 and he told us to go for a drink and he would ring me .
    He did at 9.30 !
    We got eaten at 11pm which is totally unacceptable .
    The food was fabulous but never again .

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

I was in Wm Cairnes the weekend and I have to say it was nothing short of terrible. Food was terrible...15 euro for a chicken burger with just chips. Very plain, not even a bit of salad. They also offer a 3 course meal for €25 but when we got the bill it was not allowed for. Apparently you have to order your dessert when ordering everything else...plus the pints are terrible too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

We tried the Glenside about two weeks ago on a Friday night. It was, surprisingly, lovely. I'm not sure why I was surprised by it. I think I had it in my head that it was a bit ould. Opinion firmly changed! Food was lovely! Himself had the Roast of the Day which was Turkey & Ham. I had a risotto which was very tasty. Sometimes, risotto can be a bit sickly, not so in this case. It was delish. Desserts were tasty as well.
    It was really good value too! They have an early bird menu that goes on until 9pm! 21euro for two courses with tea/coffee or 25euro for three courses with tea/coffee. Place was very busy as well and the staff were very nice! Will defo go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cogra10

Where Should I go for 2 year anniversary on Saturday with the Boyfriend? Hoping to go to the fireworks as well on the Saturday. Like to go somewhere nice food and theres good enough portion on the plate not decorations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Headed there on Sunday with family from UK. They loved the setting and venue and the overall effect and atmosphere. The food was very nice and we are all fussy. fish n' chips and chicken fillet or beef burgers filled us all up. There was just enough room for a desert which was lovely.

All meals were well presented and delicious.

BUT, the service was hit and miss. Some staff seemed to be just table cleaners or drinks deliverers but morphed into full service staff when prompted. We had to literally ask every time we wanted something which is just wrong. Waving hands or standing up to get peoples attention is unacceptable in todays world. The system seemed to be everyman for himself as staff would cover anywhere in a haphazard manner rather than stick to a sector or area. Its not like they were short of staff either or busy. Get it together Cairnes.

Advertisement