Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

nico1 wrote: »
    Was in Drogheda today doing a bit of shopping, came across Bizou just off West Street, they had a Monday saver menu up on their window for €4.80. Tried it, choice of french toast, turkey or bolognese, had the bolognese and enjoyed the meal and the price. Deffinitely recommend if you're in town. Apparently this menu changes every day. Friendly staff, quick service and tasty food. :)

Your *first-time* post has all the hallmarks of advertisement :D

just saying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Fursttimer wrote: »
    Your *first-time* post has all the hallmarks of advertisement :D

just saying ;)

Add in the location of being drogheda too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

I was in Bizou before and asked one of the head ladies in their for my egg to be done 'over-easy'... she looked at me like I had 10 heads!!
    lovely looking restaurant, great location, food average, price not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

(o)v(o)
    "over easy"?!! getoutta here..!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

positron wrote: »
    (o)v(o)
    "over easy"?!! getoutta here..!

;)

Serious! she kinda looked at me for a few seconds like I was making it up and was having a bit of a laugh with her...
    good job I ddn't suggest "Sunnyside up?!" :eek:

• Advertisement

kormak wrote: »
    Serious! she kinda looked at me for a few seconds like I was making it up and was a bit of a laugh with her...
    good job I ddn't suggest "Sunnyside up?!" :eek:

she probably would have told you they only had Sprite!

badum-tish.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Heard through facebook that a certain chinese in the town was closed down due to selling dog, German shepard apparently?!
    I read that dog was found in the freezer?!

Has anyone heard of this? I dont want to name the place in question but it was quite nice and along the river ;).

In oz now and iam craving a dirty Irish chinese!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kk7

skipz wrote: »
    Heard through facebook that a certain chinese in the town was closed down due to selling dog, German shepard apparently?!

Has anyone heard of this? I dont want to name the place in question but it was quite nice and along the river ;).

Heard that months ago about a restaurant in Arklow. Total bs. Urban myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Wonder if it taste nice.

skipz wrote: »

Yeah, supposedly it was.
    Was closed a few days after the rumor started circulating. I think it is still closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Wonder if it taste nice.

Dog is very nice, if you wok it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

It's not true, its just a text message goi
    ng round. I rang that place the night i got the message and it was open so its bollox

m.j.w wrote: »
    ng round. I rang that place the night i got the message and it was open so its bollox

The dogs bollox? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

The dogs bollox? :p
    That's ruff....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I went to Jaffas for lunch yest with my oh and 3 kiddies. I had a taco wrap and wedges garlic Mayo, he had lasagne and fries the kids had 2 kids meals toastie sandwich and fries and lasagne and fries, kids meals come with can of drink and ice cream. We shared our meals with baby. Tasty meal, fast food too, weren't waiting too long, sat outdoors on the deck.

All in all enjoyable €19.45 as kids dine free with paying adult that included oj and extra Ice cream for baby.

Great value, good service would recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Quality wrote: »
    I went to Jaffas for lunch yest with my oh and 3 kiddies. I had a taco wrap and wedges garlic Mayo, he had lasagne and fries the kids had 2 kids meals toastie sandwich and fries and lasagne and fries, kids meals come with can of drink and ice cream. We shared our meals with baby. Tasty meal, fast food too, weren't waiting too long, sat outdoors on the deck.

All in all enjoyable €19.45 as kids dine free with paying adult that included oj and extra Ice cream for baby.

Great value, good service would recommend!

I love jaffa's, dont have any kids but thats great value. The 5 euro special in jaffas express is great, triple decker sandwich bag of crisps and a coffee for 5 euro. Fills you for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

the chilli melt from there is probably my fave lunch in town, love it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Rossin wrote: »
    the chilli melt from there is probably my fave lunch in town, love it

If I could thank this twice I would, savage bit of lunch!
    I love jaffa's, dont have any kids but thats great value. The 5 euro special in jaffas express is great, triple decker sandwich bag of crisps and a coffee for 5 euro. Fills you for the day

Another one I'd agree with, great deal and lovely sandwiches, especially the triple decker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

i love jaffas but the service can be meh some days. got so much attitude in the express couple of weeks ago i am now avoiding it and spending my money elsewhere.. wont last long though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

Has anyone checked out Brown Hound???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

muckyprawn wrote: »
    Has anyone checked out Brown Hound???
    where is it ?:confused:

Its the new eastern seaboard take away place over by bryanstown.

I had a look yesterday. Just the bakery is open at the moment. looks really nice.

85297E97-0E15-43FB-9AA2-AFAC9026028C

Nooo wayyyy!

I had a look yesterday. Just the bakery is open at the moment. looks really nice.
    Deee-liii-ci-ooo-us apple and blackcurrant pie... yum:) Try it - you'll like it....

Deee-liii-ci-ooo-us apple and blackcurrant pie... yum:) Try it - you'll like it....

whats prices like?

and whats their openin hours? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

I tried that Mo's place which I think is also owned by the Eastern Sea Board the other day. Cant seem to be able to get a bag of chips right as they were overdone, over priced and very stingy on the portion size.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Xeroid

I did'nt realise it was connected to the ESB.
    Tried the new Italian,Antica Toscana last Sat. Very good nice buzz,singing Italian waiters give it a more authentic feel compared to Sorrentos which is still great for wine and pizza. Going to Rupee tonight so hope it's as good as you all say it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

anyone try cosmos on trinity street yet?i love korean food so am hoping it's something to get excited about;)

• Advertisement

Is the new esboard bakery called the brown hound or something like that? Called up yesterday about 3 and it was closed =( sad times

Advertisement