Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

Tried sizzlers with a couple of my gal pals the other day as ive meant to for awhile now as i pass by i so much! god it was such a let down:( food was very overpriced and tasted very bland and unappealing:mad:,
    Did anyone try tangos(the asian buffet place) am meaning to go there with friends but not sure whether to book it until i got some feedback 1st :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

keefs08 wrote: »
    Tried sizzlers with a couple of my gal pals the other day as ive meant to for awhile now as i pass by i so much! god it was such a let down:( food was very overpriced and tasted very bland and unappealing:mad:,
    Did anyone try tangos(the asian buffet place) am meaning to go there with friends but not sure whether to book it until i got some feedback 1st :D

Sizzlers is rotten very disapointed in it. Customer service is really bad too.

Please tell me you are joking about Tangos its nearly the most talked about premises on this thread:D (apart from eastern sea board :D)

Ps Tangos is gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

gonker wrote: »

Please tell me you are joking about Tangos its nearly the most talked about premises on this thread:D (apart from eastern sea board :D)

Ps Tangos is gorgeous.

I agree about the service in sizzlers..
    Lol ohrite i get it!:D gonna go there so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

Not sure if anyone tried the new look "Village Kebabish" in James's St? So far I've only had a couple of nice kebabs but they have a full Indian menu so I must try out some of the other dishes, I think they might have a restaurant upstairs but methinks the Take Away is where they'll do their business. Nice food.

Popped in there with Mrs Sneem Man and ordered chicken tikka kebab,mixed kebab,onion bhaji and tandoori jhingia from the takeaway,it was scrumptious.
    I'll try the restaurant in a week or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

sneem-man wrote: »
    Popped in there with Mrs Sneem Man and ordered chicken tikka kebab,mixed kebab,onion bhaji and tandoori jhingia from the takeaway,it was scrumptious.
    I'll try the restaurant in a week or two...

When you ordered the chicken tikka kebab could you hear the 'ding' sound....yes...reheated in microwave. Will stick to place on Trinity Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Ps Tangos is gorgeous.

Sizzlers...aka...Graham O'Sullivans....if its anything like their place's in Northside and Artane Shopping centres I would give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Went to sizzlers with the missus a while back, i got a burger which was ok, nothing special, but she got the steak sandwich and she couldnt even finish it it was that rotten, i gave it a go and nearly gagged.

Minggin place, ill never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Went to sizzlers with the missus a while back, i got a burger which was ok, nothing special, but she got the steak sandwich and she couldnt even finish it it was that rotten, i gave it a go and nearly gagged.

Minggin place, ill never go back.

I thought it was closed now ??

keefs08 wrote: »

ER ????? Tangos has been tried by nearly everyone here and posts are common, by all accounts its very good and ecomonical, but go with an empty tank, its eat all you can night, one price for all.:)

:rolleyes: Well I went down the other day but the owner wasnt there. I just had my two daughters with me and we had a few starters and I must say the service was so much improved. They actually smiled at me and checked back to the table and brought me extra sauce etc. So much more improved. I am still going to go down and chat with the owner though.

Agreed, I was at the eastern seaboard last week and the service has improved a lot, I think I detected a smile too, but honestly cannot wait to hear what the owner will say lol. In fairness they do try and that business is hard.

• Advertisement

bottomdog wrote: »
    I thought it was closed now ??

havent been near it in month's, not surppised its gone.

Dropped into Peony Chinese in Bryanstown. The food has improved and is now as good as any local Chinese. Great Deal €42 for four course dinner for two, but they throw in a free bottle of wine.....in truth there was enough food for three or four people. Very few people there but the deal is very good......I hear Tommy Hanrattys has a cracking deal at the moment, something similar with free wine ,,,has anyone tried it.

Havent been hearing great things about Hanno's latley....

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    havent been near it in month's, not surppised its gone.

It's still open ( Sizzler's) passed it on Saturday and there was a few in it!

Had a meall in Indus the other night, the 30% off deal is over, so the prices are back up, not quite as high as they were, they now have GOAT on the menu ! still a good spot, but not quite the super value it was for the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭furiousox

Went to Scholars recently, the €25 menu is basically good value but the side dishes (potatoes/veg) are extra and the coffee prices are a rip off plain and simple - €2.90 for a cappuccino and €2.50 for an expresso!! :eek:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭D rog

D hotel currently doing 4 courses for 25, anyone been lately?

tweety76 wrote: »
    It's still open ( Sizzler's) passed it on Saturday and there was a few in it!

Those are manequins they put in the windown to make the place look full!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

D rog wrote: »

No, but this looks like the menu

disappointing there is no bottle of house wine with it though

compared to the prices on the right you are only saving a fiver or so really need to add the bottle wine to make it worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dagb20

Had a meall in Indus the other night, the 30% off deal is over, so the prices are back up, not quite as high as they were, they now have GOAT on the menu ! still a good spot, but not quite the super value it was for the last few months.
    Can anyone recommend any other good Indian restaurants apart from Indus. Have been to Indus many times, always thought it was lovely but the standards have been dipping lately. any suggestions welcome...

• Advertisement

dagb20 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any other good Indian restaurants apart from Indus. Have been to Indus many times, always thought it was lovely but the standards have been dipping lately. any suggestions welcome...

Have you tried the Punjabi House on the Dublin Rd?

(Beside the Esso garage and the Railway Arms)

Takeaway food is always excellent and its not bad for a sit down meal either, its a bit quirky but always good fun and better than indus imo.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dagb20

thanks furiousox, we tried the take away in Punjab house a few years ago and it was ok, we just never tried the restaurant so we may give that a go this weekend.

furiousox wrote: »
    Went to Scholars recently, the €25 menu is basically good value but the side dishes (potatoes/veg) are extra and the coffee prices are a rip off plain and simple - €2.90 for a cappuccino and €2.50 for an expresso!! :eek:
    Agree, Veg and Potatoes are an essential component of a basis meal and should not be considered as an extra ( or 'sides' as they like to call them. Lets face it who just wants a steak with no veg or potato, so it nonsense to charge for sides.
    But €2,90 for a cappucino is fair in my book as cffeee shops charge that

D rog wrote: »
    Only for lunch, and its very mixed. Just don't find the dining room an intimate setting for evening dinner.

Agree, Veg and Potatoes are an essential component of a basis meal and should not be considered as an extra ( or 'sides' as they like to call them. Lets face it who just wants a steak with no veg or potato, so it nonsense to charge for sides.
    But €2,90 for a cappucino is fair in my book as cffeee shops charge that

Well, yeah ok €2.90 for a cappucino is probably not extreme, but €2.50 for an expresso is off the scale.

l got an expresso in the middle of Rome for 90c.

CPL 593H

dagb20 wrote: »

Try Bengal spice on trinity street, have not been myself but its an option, or Bengal Spice on Stockwell street, have not been there either but I hear its okay. Or Punjabi House...It is quite good food but a little cramped and the lady owner is not endearing to me, but hey everyone differs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Blair Waldorf

Ive been to the eastern seaboard a few times lovely ambience and very reasonable.

Ive been to the eastern seaboard a few times lovely ambience and very reasonable.

One thing l've noticed about the Seaboard is that the background music is always terrible.

The last time we were there, there was some grating meandering uptempo jazz number playing.

Both my wife and l realised we were eating quicker than we wanted to because the music was so "urgent"

Thankfully after a few minutes it was changed mid-song to something less annoying.

CPL 593H

Famous45 wrote: »
    Surprise Surprise, another 1 poster posts about the E Seaboard

3 words LOL

Hello.......!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I see this is your first time post here, you are very welcome, and you'll be amazed to hear we have had a few first times posters here, who choose to give a recommendation to the very same restaurant in their very FIRST post too.:D .

Advertisement