Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you did today?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm doing Maths Papers.
    2007 Paper 1 is done. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

I had a woefully unproductive day... :(

a handful of physics experiments and bit of maths....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

Art: Giotto, start of Renaissance, Brunelleschi & Alberti
    Irish: Oíche Nollaig na mBan, hate this poem
    French: 3 formal letters
    History: Northern Ireland, bitta Belfast during WWII
    English: Adrienne Rich & writing out some personal essayish stuff
    Bio: Human Defence System

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

English:
    -Comparative (Theme/Issue, Cultural Context)
    -Plath
    -Rich

Geography:
    -Biome
    -Global MNC
    -Three Gorges Dam

Irish:
    -An Triail
    -Ceapadóireacht

Right now I'm admiring my many biology diagram doddles scattered in front of the computer..does that count? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

History:
    1885 Elections
    Parnell and Home Rule
    Sinn Fein 1918 election

Maths:
    Paper 1 ,2007-2005

English:
    Eavan Boland essay
    Derek Mahon essay
    Themes and Issue essay
    Literary Genre essay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

History: State-Building and the CnaG economy
    Biology: Tried to go over the experiments but there's so very many of them...
    English: Did an Othello essay our teacher gave us as a probable
    ...and listened to Bowie cos I'm sick to death of studying!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

daggy wrote: »
    ooh where is one going for the irish course? There's a heap of gaelinns around my place atm.. annoying things really. Our neighbours take students.

oh the one in town me thinks (me hopes!)

we took students once, dark days dark dark days (a am obviously nota fan of the annual invasion of the spanish in our fine capital, clogging our public transport and putting trays into bins in burger king, they're a nuisance i tells ya)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

English: Did an Othello essay our teacher gave us as a probable

care to share the title? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

deise_boi wrote: »
    care to share the title? :D
    ''The Characters of Iago and Cassio show significant development over the course of the play. Discuss.''
    There's a few more around if I can find them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Did my leaving in 2002 and finished my 3rd year college exams yesterday so all I can say to ye is best of luck and put in the work for the LC, college is well worth it!
    I'm just finishing up 2nd year college exams...
    But yeah seriously worth putting in the work. Just reading this thread, college exams don't seem near as bad. I don't envy ye' all, best of luck! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

''The Characters of Iago and Cassio show significant development over the course of the play. Discuss.''
    There's a few more around if I can find them...
    significant development in cassio??? please tell me you meant to say othello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

1huge1 wrote: »
    significant development in cassio??? please tell me you meant to say othello

Thats not too bad, you can just talk a ****load about Iago and how he develops into such a sound chap.
    And then you can say Cassio, initially seeming like a gentleman and a good lieutenant, becomes a weak person, giving into Iagos demands to get him to get drunk, as well as a person who has a lot of disresect for woman, when he talks to Iago about Bianca etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

I... looked at the index to an english revision book..:eek: I need to study later!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Well I didn't do an awful lot today. Just studied notes and questions on Sylvia Plath and Eavan Boland.

Then went over Integration and Differentiation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

my morning was v unsuccessful: i woke up at 10, took my time getting up, & did about 45 v. unmotivated mins of maths and listening to john frusciante, getting a grand total of 1 question done ...
    after lunch did about 2hours physics ( magnetism - all the nitty gritty stuff i ignored 1st time round - and heat experiments which i've come to realise aren't as bad as all that ) and half an hour maths. i've been lazing around for afew hours now tho, gonna go back up in 10 mins. what shud i do? prob more maths :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

I got up at eight this moring go my breakfast and started studying at half eight. I did geog from 8.30-12.00 then maths from 12.00-3.00, irish from 3.00-5.30 now I'm study all the principles in chemistry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Finished the montgomery bus boycott, re-revised Mahon, Boland, Donne, Rich, lazily learnt half a theme and issue question and did all the differentiation proofs, hitler and the jews and nazi propaganda. Need to do a little othello/space race/maths paper two later, but the fatigue is setting in...

I had a lovely sleep-in today till 11ish.

Uck.. Did Home ec.. areas 2,3 and the elective. What a yawn fest.

Up until a few mins ago, I was revising Donne, Bolan, Rich and a tiny bit of Larkin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

eh well my day was a bit wasted.... done irish essays in the morning.... all of the biology experiments.... and da mbeidir aris dar gcumann......

AND THEN I HIT THE BEACH........

now i feel well bad.... oh well i guess it will be a late nite....:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Fell out of bed at twelveish, had a bowl of cheerios and started my english study. Went through all my poetry - Rich, Larkin, Montague and Mahon. Took me till about 3 with some breaks. Then after dinner blasted through comparative stuff - Theme and Issue done and i'm about to start on either literary genre or cultural context. Which do ye lot think I'd be better off with? I'm doing Philadelphia, Lies of Silence and Strictly Ballroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Parsley wrote: »
    Fell out of bed at twelveish, had a bowl of cheerios and started my english study. Went through all my poetry - Rich, Larkin, Montague and Mahon. Took me till about 3 with some breaks. Then after dinner blasted through comparative stuff - Theme and Issue done and i'm about to start on either literary genre or cultural context. Which do ye lot think I'd be better off with? I'm doing Philadelphia, Lies of Silence and Strictly Ballroom.
    Well, many people find Cultural Context easier but Literary Genre has more chance of coming up as CC has been up two years in a row.

I think Lit Gen, I actually prefer it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Timans wrote: »
    Well, many people find Cultural Context easier but Literary Genre has more chance of coming up as CC has been up two years in a row.

I think Lit Gen, I actually prefer it anyway.

Ta. Yeah lit gen ain't too shabby a question. Use of flashbacks, private gar, wide angle lense close ups in SB, Dillon's thoughts etc etc. Waffle it out to 3 or 4 pages using loads of howevers, likewises, buts, similarlys and so on and so forth. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Parsley wrote: »

I'd definitely go with LG, I find it easier and it has a good chance of coming up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    today...i tried to study business...but gave up...and drew this on a flash card:):):)

you must do art!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Covered India in Geography

Unseen Poetry & Paper one overview for English

Complex numbrs for Maths

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I just feel like ive everything studied at this stage and im doing less and less every day
    today i just went over headings like in english and geography, went over in my head what I would write for those headings.

about 40mins of business then practised a good few maths questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Do you play football Alan?
    If you do, you don't happen to play for United do u?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Seriously losing my marbles at this stage!! Just so fed up & bored.

Did all the alegebra questions from 2002-2007 in maths this morning, and all the exam titrations questions for chemistry, plus water, bohr theory and some q4s. Revised Rich & Othello also.

Tmws plan:
    Othello
    Rich
    Boland
    Mahon
    Comparative
    Water
    Rates
    Equilibrium Experiments
    Organic Exam Questions
    Oxidation & Reduction
    Mass Spectrometer & AAS & Chromatography