Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you did today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Essay on Stalin's Show Trials
    Physics experiment revision & exam question
    Geography Elective : Paris, Cote d'Azur and The Nord as economic regions

Then had to go buy new pens and haven't done anything since I got back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Learnt the last 5 proofs for maths, revised the rules of logs, integers and surds. Learnt off a few formulas aswell.

Going to go and do propaganda in Nazi germany in a while.

4 days...cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well aren't you the enthusiastic one?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Was wrecked today, got up at 8 o clock cae our teacher said he needed us down in the school. Turns out he didnt, and having gone to bed at 12 last night (stupid) I couldnt do much.

SO scrapped the idea of doing English all day (as I find it tedious) and just did maths and applied maths.

Made out a study plan for the next 3 weeks today, starting sunday I'm only going to study for the next 2 or 3 immediate exams, with the sole exeption of app maths cas Ive only been doing it a year.

Im very lucky with my timetable. So many days off, and a long stretch. I pity the people who are finished within a week and a day - no time to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

You cant study after 8 hours sleep?? =P If I got any more Id be too lazy to do any study, sleepin in always hinders progress for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

turgon wrote: »
    Was wrecked today, got up at 8 o clock cae our teacher said he needed us down in the school. Turns out he didnt, and having gone to bed at 12 last night (stupid) I couldnt do much.

SO scrapped the idea of doing English all day (as I find it tedious) and just did maths and applied maths.

Made out a study plan for the next 3 weeks today, starting sunday I'm only going to study for the next 2 or 3 immediate exams, with the sole exeption of app maths cas Ive only been doing it a year.

Im very lucky with my timetable. So many days off, and a long stretch. I pity the people who are finished within a week and a day - no time to study.
    I'm quiet happy finishing that early, I really want my exams out of the way and I've already done most of the work. The only thing that worries me is if i'm too knackered to perform to my potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

10:09, taking a break from doing nothing and watching an episode of the Simpsons online!
    10:30: back to study.

To do list:
    [X] Find notes on Coleraine and Northern Ireland
    Look over Donne
    Look over Rich
    Look over Literary Genre (please come up)
    Prepare:
    Sinn Fein 1918
    Pop Culture
    Show Trials
    Probability

All before 12am! :)
    8 hours sleep, wake up, shower
    9-1, History, English Irish and Bio (40 mins each, some breaks)
    1-2 food
    2-5 Art, French, History

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

I honestly believe the best revision is done the night before, I usually go for 3 and a half hrs sleep a night for big exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Very little done today because of the weather. Which made me very very very angry.

I did learn the biome completely. Although if that doesn't come up, I'll get a 0 in geoecology.

Tomorrow I plan on-

English- Revising Othello completely

Geogrpahy- look over Biome again to see if it actually stayed inside my head

Irish-Stair Na Gaeilge, I have tthe res of Irish covered except for this so pretty happy with Iirsh.

Business- Chapter 24, 25 and 26. Have studied 1-10 so that would leave 11 to 223 tostudy butr still plenty of time left.

Maths- need a bit of work on paper one, even though I don't need ti to do arts in UCC (I think?)

French- A lot of listening comprehension

Accounting- Nothing as I ahev a six day break and I'm only doing odinary level which is pisssssh

Think I'll get 340 points? Hope so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

fivetwenty wrote: »
    I honestly believe the best revision is done the night before, I usually go for 3 and a half hrs sleep a night for big exams.

I agree that the best revision is done the day before. But i need at least 7 hours sleep!! How??? 3.5 hrs??? whats the secret? is it red bull, coffee or berocca??

79461.jpgred-bull-751705.jpg186-019%7ECoffee-Posters.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

haha, image not available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Tea. Lots.

I dunno some determination always comes over me and I'm immune to the ****ty feeling of getting up in the morning, I started back at the end of first year exams, and have done it at every year-end exams since (barring 2nd & TY).

My LC timetable is spaced out so it's perfectly suited to it, I had bloodshot eyes for the mocks, Physics caused a 2.5hr night!

You'd best have probably tried it before to see if it works, I mean to see if you're still capable of completely rational thinking. It works best for the theory subjects, I may force myself to sleep for the maths & physics one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Slow day :mad:

Did complex numbers, differentiation, alegebra, french and skimmed over some Boland.

Plan for tmw:

Linear Programming
    Complex Numbers
    Statistics
    Organic Synthesis
    Rates of Reaction
    Water
    Stáir na Gaeilge X 3
    An Mháthair
    Líg sin i Gcathú
    Fíche Bliain ag Fás
    Boland
    Mahon
    Rich.

Optimistic :pac: but I shall hopefully do it now I have a plan.

Whats Berocca btw?! I've been having two cans of Red Bull a day. Its sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

Berocca is sort of like a multi-vit drink..packed with all sorts of crack. I used to take it. Now im just into Iron..
    Did v little today, only maths proofs and paper1.
    Time for English i think.. oh lord.
    tallyho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Its too hot today, im in the attic and i might aswell be in the algarve, altho with the windows wide open id say im gettin a decent tan.
    Got Othello quotes done this morning, and then did a class french letter with no help, so was chuffed with that.

Berocca is good, very good and addictive.

Hmmm i havent studied pass irish since december, whats the bare min i could do to pass??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

First time online all week.

since wednesday done all differentiation.
    all possible questionm topics asked for othello.
    4 chemistry papers.
    1 economics paper.

today so far 1 and half chemistry papers
    rest of today ;studying rich boland and mahon and maybe go over theorems in maths.

tomorrow: comparative study and intergration...

anyway this is wasting my time so good luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Rich- 60 minutes
    Chapter 22-24 business- 60 minutes
    Stair na Gaeilge- 30 minutes
    Biome- 30 minutes

Still to do
    Complx numbers- 30minutes
    French listening- 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

KERPAL wrote: »
    Its too hot today, im in the attic and i might aswell be in the algarve, altho with the windows wide open id say im gettin a decent tan.
    I feel your pain, the room I study in seems to get the sun 24 hours a day (yes, during the night too.). It's like a bloody greenhouse in there.

Today I did.. hmm...
    English: read an act of The Crucible
    Irish: read An Bhean Óg and Lig Sinn i gCathú... and I did both of them lying in a hammock in the sun, so it took me well over an hour.
    Maths: wrote out all the proofs, after that other thread... there's not too many, and De Moivre's theorem is easy. Hurray.
    Irish: wrote a summary of events for the first 20 chapters of A Thig ná Tit Orm
    Maths: revised Transformational Geometry.. I barely even remember doing that chapter.

And now I should be reading some Art History notes, but I've gone mad from sun exposure and I'm going to play some video games in a dark room.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

ye tea and cigarettes are really good, i have like seven cups and 10 smoke breaks a day.

I stayed up till five last night for some stupid reason watching videos on youtube. got up at 15:00

since then i've done:
    about two hours of applied maths. Did all the questions i'm bad at and didnt get one of them right. :( I've heard it's possible to get an A in Ap. Maths and not get the answer to one question, if the only mistakes you make are slips.

half an hour reading over Rich's poems and my notes on her poetry.
    an hour writing notes on Boland's poems.

Later:
    Finish writing personal response to Adrienne Rich
    Finish writing personal response to Eavan Boland

Tomorow:
    The Crucible (single text)
    and Derek Mahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Me? Well I stayed in bed 'til 11, went golfing and then came home and gave drum lessons, then had dinner and went in for a shower and now I am here.

Crap.

• Advertisement

I was planning to do so much. I go to Saturday study in our school (9-1). Except I slept in and arrived in at 10pm. Then I find out at 10:30, our teacher is bringing us down for something to eat. We go down and find she's ordered a LOT of food for us. By the time we're finished it's 12pm and it's boiling hot so a few friends and I go for some Calippos and Twisters (yuck). We come back and it's 12:30pm. Half an hour of study done!

When I come home I'm tired for some reason, I fell asleep and woke up a few minutes ago. Now I'm online on my PS2 playing a Japanese game on the japanese servers.

I'll study when the sun goes down, when I find it easier. :)

I have compromised my study. This is what I'm doing

ENGLISH
    - Rich, Mahon, Donne
    - Literary Genre and Theme of Love/Romance
    - Iago, Jealousy/Revenge

IRISH
    - Fiche Blian, The Gambler, Lig Sinn (:()
    - An Mhathair, Dan Do Mhelissa
    - Health System, Youth
    - Ruraiocht, Fhiannaicht, all females.

MATHS
    - Not counting

ART
    - Newgrange, Georgian
    - Impressionism, Post Impressionism
    - Exhibition

HISTORY
    - Specific areas

BIOLOGY
    - Specific

FRENCH
    - Key phrases so all I have to do is substitute the nouns.
    - Drugs, Olympics, Internet, Obesity, Environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Steveo12345youg

1.World War two.

2.Uirchill an Chreagain.

3. Club and Service Accounting Q.

4.Drugai and alcoil essay.

5.Nuremburg rallies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Went to the tutorial in limerick today

Went over the south west of america in geography as well as the biome
    general business study... all over the place
    couple maths questions
    bit of othello
    biology... all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Nothing! (go summer/fifth year, would prefer to get the leaving over with but how and ever)

i am free from all academic commitment until the ninth where i have a course in Gael Linn :( (sad thing is that im looking foward to it)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

ooh where is one going for the irish course? There's a heap of gaelinns around my place atm.. annoying things really. Our neighbours take students.

Boobookity, what are you doing specifically in history?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

got a good bit done today!

Eng: Learned Othello quotes and all 4 rich poem and a bit of cultural context
    Maths:Most of diffenentiation and 2 general terms for further calculus
    Business:All international trade and looked over mock paper
    Geo:Human impact on Biome and rocks!

KERPAL wrote: »
    Boobookity, what are you doing specifically in history?

We're doing Topic 3 and Topic 5 from Ireland. We're also doing Topic 3 from European.

Topic3 Ireland
    Sinn Fein 1918 Election
    WOI/Treaty Debates
    CnG

Topic5 Ireland:
    Ian Paisley, Terrence of Neil
    Coleraine

Topic3 Europe:
    Pop Culture
    Show Trials
    Home Front
    Hitler - dunno :<

At 12am or whenever my family go to bed, I'm going studying again. Need to get some essays done and Biology learned off.

We're doing Topic 3 and Topic 5 from Ireland. We're also doing Topic 3 from European.

Topic3 Ireland
    Sinn Fein 1918 Election
    WOI/Treaty Debates
    CnG

Topic5 Ireland:
    Ian Paisley, Terrence of Neil
    Coleraine

Topic3 Europe:
    Pop Culture
    Show Trials
    Home Front
    Hitler - dunno :<

At 12am or whenever my family go to bed, I'm going studying again. Need to get some essays done and Biology learned off.

Nice one, am gonna copy your topic 3 ireland plan neway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I did 2003 Maths Paper 1 fully through leaving out Sequences and Series.
    Read over my Rich + Boland Essays.
    Rang a mate who gave me a load of Crucible Quotes. (The legend that he is)
    Going to do some Geography in a little while.

Advertisement