Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you did today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

gaybitch wrote: »
    While we're on the subject, off the top of my head, what I'd do for impact of WWII on a named country is:

-explain term home front, elaborate on community spirit, posters, etc
    -Churchill's impact, speeches, morale, etc
    -Blitz, which leads onto...
    -evacutions, explain, pos, negs,
    -rationing, agriculture, BBC food demos etc
    -women's role, employment
    -Dad's army, auxillary fire service, etc

If it said "more than one country" I might stick in a bit about refugees and the occupation of France in my conclusion.

Would that be enough?

Yep, if it asks for more than one country, you don't have write about each one equally, so it's grand to have 2-3 pages on Britain and then just a final page on France.

So far today I've done a few hours in school on Maths, and just finished off an essay on the Nuremburg Rallies.

Later :
    Irish - Lig Sinn i gCathu & Faoiseamh
    English -Eavan Boland
    Geography - At least one question (physical)
    Some physics experiments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 awaitingdrummer

today :
    Biology: Re-went over ecology cuz it doesnt stick in my head! Learned first 7 experiments too.
    English: Wrote out a theme/issue essay on relationships for comparative
    O.Maths:Complex numbers

yeah thats all... im so unproductive!!!

For honours irish what does anyone think are the best topics to study for the essay? so far i've done youth and drugs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

^ Córas Sláinte seems to be tipped, plus it's useful for incorporating into other essays e.g. the state of the country etc.

I've done...

Maths: 2005 Paper 1
    German: Aural 2006, learning off of phrases on social problems, relative pronouns.
    Business: Business Start-Up and Expansion.
    Bio: All of Genetics.

And still got Hist, Irish and English to do...

Note to any pre-leaving-certs out there, do NOT do more than six subjects at honours level, it's just unnecessary pressure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shwaa

maths: algebra, complex numbers and matrices (about an hour an a half in total)
    english: Adrienne rich (about an hour)

and going off now to do english comparative for about an hour or so..!

not2bad..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Nothing yet but I'm very hopeful that I'll turn off my laptop soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

2 hours of chem
    an hour of french
    2 hours of english
    then i got bored so hello:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

History: State Building... Cumann na nGaedheal and all that, took me like 3 hours, grrr
    French: Formal letters
    Maths: Paper one again, fail fail fail
    Art history: Gothic architecture

Gonna do a bit on personal essays now!! Def got to do loadsa Irish and Art History tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

English: othello quotes.. so many quotes. Won't even use half of them I'd say.
    French: grammar. My french teacher made us buy a ridiculous number of books. None of them were grammar books, so I had to instead spend my time sifting through other books to try and find grammar points. Great.
    Irish: went over Bímse Buan ar Buairt Gach Ló, Oíche Nollaig na mBan, and Dán do Mhelissa
    Irish again: watched Clare sa Spéir!
    Applied Maths: questions.. did one on Statics and one on circular motion/SHM
    Physics: looked over notes.. got bored, read my friend's Biology book. Fascinating.
    Art History: tried to make concise notes on Newgrange, but got hijacked by my maths teacher who talked to me for ages.
    Maths: 2005 paper 2.. did vectors and the line. Bleedin' line.
    English: made a concise page about Mahon
    English again: finished Othello!
    Maths again: 2005 paper 2, the 2 trig questions...

Real exciting stuff. Going to watch The Truman Show tonight as study for the comparative. Oh how hard work is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Irish: Lig Sin i gcathu, an bhean og, fiche blian ag fas, oiche nollaig na mbean
    Maths: looked over theory for paper two
    My mom came home from NY, got very distracted for a couple of hours

Then went into school for a block class of maths, last class ever! So sad... And i learnt a few things about integration i didnt know which was a little scary.

Business: Eu policies, global economy
    History: Hitler and the Jews, Weimar, had a quick run through church state and show trials, I hope one of these comes up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Studied today more than I ever studied before i'd say, which mightn't say much...

English: wrote out a sample answer on theme and issue
    maths: questions 1-4 paper one OL
    english: sample answer on literery genre
    business: chapters 16 to 25 that took a while!
    geography: geo-ecology
    biology: skeleton, photosysthesis, lungs and breathing and the excretory system.
    english: john donne for like the 10th time. so going for him if he comes up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Les jeux olympiques, Water in Chemistry, Questions 1-4 in OL Maths Papers. Planning to do Oiche Nollaig & Da mbhfeidir & poss a couple of biology experiments! Can't sleep at night anymore so I might aswell start burning the midnight oil! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

Geography: Scania region primary activities
    Irish: Dá mf'béidir Arís dár gCumann question
    Biology: 2 random Q's
    Maths: 3hr class and did a paper as well
    French: some listening
    English: a bit of an Othello Q

Wow, when I look at it all written down it seems like a lot! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

So far today i've done:
    Irish: An Mhathair, Dan do Melissa, Clare sa Speir( hate that film)
    History: Vietnam- why did the get involved, escalation, tet offensive, lbj
    Maths: Just done the 06 Calculus qus, i love integration, its so short !

This is a good thread, it makes me feel like i've done stuff! I'm having a break now, then i gotta get stuck into english paper 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

None as of yet, done great with the studien when I was in school, probably because they used to scare you to death about it and then you just legged it home to do some, but now that I'm out on my own its hard to get motivated, there should be a motivation thread on here somewhere, where you can log on in the morning and after a good bout of strong words from other boardsies you will leg it upstairs to do 10 hours at least, unlikely eh ! ! ! ! But anyway I'm finishing my roll and then I think I'll make a fair stab at it all, the rolls pretty good if you all must know. Anyway I better go an do this thing ! ! ! ! BEST OF LUCK to everyone if I don't post before D-DAY.

Andy

Went in for a double german class this morning, we revised adjective endings and relative pronouns as our teacher thinks their both very likely.

when I got home i went over all of paper 1 in ordinary level maths
    &
    so far in geography today i've gone over basically all I need to know in physical geography and the west of ireland and dublin and practised short questions...

I'm now going back upstairs to go over some othello... how lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Got Boland done this morning.. Relief
    Going over french atm( getting 40-45 in most comps so need to get that up)
    Did a sport letter in french

Am gonna do 2007 listening in french
    Then Im going to do Vietnam
    And finish up with some Elective 5 in geog

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

English: Adrienne Rich answer from scratch(i didnt know here poems this morning)
    Maths: A full paper 1
    About to do:
    Geography: Optional, Atmosphere and Oceanic Environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

just about to start english poetry. i've only written about one peotry answer in the last two years and i dont know any of the poets. So im spending the day sorting out Mahon and rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I did nothing! Couldn't suffer the thought of it so decided to treat myself to the day off. Gonna get back into it tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

nothing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

9-11: Maths
    11-1: Was supposed to have Biology but talked to friends and teachers
    2-3:35: Biology.
    Now it's 9pm and I have like 4 essays to do. yay!
    1 on Health System (Irish), 1 on Pop Culture (History), 1 on Impressionism (Art) and 1 on Rich.
    And I need to do some french :(

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

went to the library from 12-4, flicked through bits of biology, English, art history and Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

Did a tiny bit of Maths today with friends
    History: Eucharistic Congress, dismantling treaty etc, Bunreacht na hÉireann, Fianna Fáil
    English: Boland
    Biology: Musculoskeletal system
    Art History: More Medieval Europe... so boring, can't get past it

Love this thread:D

Did a bit of othello, went over general plot and read over some old notes then I studied character question on othello & iago...

Then went over the 1st few chapters in business for about the 100th time... trying to cement it in.

And I finished up with the 2006 german tape which I did very well in thankfully, definitely going to be a point earner in german.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bohs1890

geeeeekkksss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Can't study today at all. Opened the rates of reaction chpt in chem, did it for 10mins and then gave up. I just can't concentrate. Might do some maths later. So fustrated. I think I've reached my breaking point :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Learning some maths formula's now n hope to do a paper 1 later on. Gonna continue to make notes on Units 5,6,7 in Business, Do an essay on contrasting soils types for Geo and maybe a nice poem in Irish. If all goes well (unlikely) i might do a boland essay too

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just read over Othello notes and my Comparative essay, did Rich and boland in poetry...might do some French later...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Got up at two severly hungover, cracked a cold fosters out of the fridge, ate half a cold dominoes and made my way to the computer.....yes my leaving is in less than a week. Live Life!

• Advertisement

Slowed the pace down today sadly, wasn't as motivated...

All the same I did revise Donne and Boland,
    Went over the biome in geography
    Linear programming in maths
    Business exam papers

Advertisement