Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Partner Wanted? Post here!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭colc1

annabonk wrote: »
    Hey this was a good thread until it screeched to a grinding halt below waist level, thanks to some contributor`s perverse view that all writing equates with sexual desire. Junior Cert biology teaching has a lot to answer for!

Can we keep it at least waist high, adult and mature? Some of the greatest writers have been celibate and even those who werent confined this creative activity to an area between the ears and not the thighs...

Celibate...how is anyone truly celibate? Even priests must do something otherwise they'd go nuts...seriously how is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

I've been searching for a writing partner for quite some time. I think it's a great way of increased confidence, better quality and ideas and also a way to grow as a writer.

I speak well, have good grammar, vocabulary, spelling and dialogue skills.

My prefrenced style/format of writing is screen-play (i.e. a script) but I'm willing to do novel-format etc.

My favoured genres would be supernatural, sci-fi, comedy, fantasy, mystery, drama and also children's books. I also love writing poetry and intend trying to get a book of my works published in the near future. *crosses fingers* I'd also be a co-poet if such a thing exists. :D

I prefer to lay my works out as a TV show but I'm open-minded.

Also, speaking of comedy, I'm the best person you can get at innuendos! ;) I've a warped mind! lol. xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LaHallia

I've wantedt to have a writer buddy for quite some time now.
    To share toughts on plot, characters, storyline, etc etc.
    To help each other out... :D

I prefer fiction, psychology, romance... very mild fantasy and sci-fi is ok too.

I'm in my early twenties, so maybe I'd prefer somebody who is at least 18 or older, so that we have about the same interests and looks on life ;)

I've never done this before, but I'd love to try it. So if you are interested, please mail me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Doluc

Hi,

This sounds fantastic! :o
    Ive always wanted to try a writing project with a partner.

I would be looking to work the project over the internet, as with college I wouldn't be able to meet in person a lot. More than likely for me, a Novella would be my top choice but I am open to any kind of project.

Also I'm 19, so to avoid any major differences.... I would prefer to work with someone near enough to my age.

If anyone is interested, you can PM me or e-mail me on doluc8@gmail.com . After that.. we could discuss talking on Facebook or Google Groups If its easier.

And although I am serious about writing, I would want to have fun with this. So I couldn't write with someone who took themselves or it too seriously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LaHallia

i sent you an email. it could be in your spam as it comes from europe ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭SEVERA

yes i would be interested also for song lyrics, poetry, short stories but no scifi, pop, american tv bull, anyone interested pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ShaveTheWhales

Hey all.:] I'm new to this section and i'm 20 years old.

I was wondering if anybody would be up for doing a group collaborative story? Essentially, i'm looking to make a group where we would alternate between doing paragraphes for a story.

IE: Person 1 does first paragraph. Person 2 does second. Then back to Person 1.

The groups size doesn't matter really. I guess as many as seven or eight would be the largest amount i'd be looking for.
    I'm open to any genre of story. I do hold a preference towards comedy,horror and sci-fi fantasy though.

You know what they say

"Give a million monkeys a million typewriters and a thousand years and they'll give you the works of Shakespeare"

I reckon several of us humans can do it in three quarters that time :p
    If you guys are interested send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 obrienl5

Hey all.:] I'm new to this section and i'm 20 years old.

I was wondering if anybody would be up for doing a group collaborative story? Essentially, i'm looking to make a group where we would alternate between doing paragraphes for a story.

IE: Person 1 does first paragraph. Person 2 does second. Then back to Person 1.

The groups size doesn't matter really. I guess as many as seven or eight would be the largest amount i'd be looking for.
    I'm open to any genre of story. I do hold a preference towards comedy,horror and sci-fi fantasy though.

You know what they say

"Give a million monkeys a million typewriters and a thousand years and they'll give you the works of Shakespeare"

I reckon several of us humans can do it in three quarters that time :p
    If you guys are interested send me a PM.

That sounds like a totally excellent idea. I would be very interested in taking part. It would be interesting to see where it would go :o

Feel free to pm me if you want to do something with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ShaveTheWhales

obrienl5 wrote: »
    That sounds like a totally excellent idea. I would be very interested in taking part. It would be interesting to see where it would go :o

Feel free to pm me if you want to do something with this

Cool you'll be the first one though. Ill try to get at least two more and then i'll let ya know details

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I too would love a writing partner! I mostly write in Irish though, so if anyone has a good knowledge of Irish that would be great. Even just someone that I can ask if such a such a structure is a good way to go about a story.

Other details: I'm mid 20's and am mostly interested in writing non-fiction about travel, cultures, languages etc. I write more articles that stories I suppose - I've been published in a newspaper or two. But I'm also open to the idea of a novel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Doluc

I am looking for a partner to team up and write some screenplays. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Advertisement