Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Partner Wanted? Post here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mafiadaga

Me. a serial killer..

o m g........ how could u suggest such a thing... no, i'm a writer. hah

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭silverwater

Anyone out there interested in screenwriting?
    I'm 21, based between Dublin and Dundalk, and have written for years;
    songs, poems, short stories, a feature-length screenplay and am hoping to focus on screenwriting with several more ideas in the pipeline.
    Anyone interested in a co-writing partnership?
    A comedy script comes to mind, but I'm not against any (well, most) genre...
    PM me.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 phundamentalz

Hi,
    I've been hacking away at screenplays for a few years now - drafted about 8 features while I was in the States. However, I prefer the co-writing process much more and I reckon it might be the way movies are supposed to be written (as opposed to novels which should be one person in a room with endless coffee). Paul Schrader said that movies are the natural evolution of the oral storytelling tradition. Stories were perfected through constant re-telling. If anyone else is in the same boat, or if you have some ideas for a movie, maybe i can help you structure them. I'm into all genres so long as it's a good, reasonably commercial idea. I love gangster flicks, but I also love dramas and movies about relationships so long as they aren't too sentimental and have some powerful story events.

Be:
    Male or Female, Driven! - if we work together plan on meeting at least once a week. my preferred pacing would probably be to have a first draft done in 3 months. I have an apartment in D4, we can possibly work there.
    Thanks!

Hey phundamentalz, with an opening line like that, u seem more like a wana be politian. so ur getting my number 1 on the 5th june..

Anyways, give me more of an insight into your writing.

As for me, i'll write as much about anything as i can,,

i'm getting to know a good few people here so we're all after the same thing. so tell me more bout yourself and what not and then we can work from there.

Dar

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Procrastinator

Svengali,
    Of late, I haven't been paying as much attention to the boards as I should have, so apologies if this replay is too late for you.

I've been writing myself for years, but not creatively and your suggestion of a writing partner is a great one... i'm REALLY interested.

If you've located a sympatico co-creator, fair play and the very best of luck!!!

I'd love to read a litle bit of your stuff, if that would be ok...whatever writing ability I've gathered so far, has been editing...so even if i couldn't co-create, i'd love to try to help

If you'd rather not or this doesn't suit then, again, no problemo and the very BEST of luck with the writing thing....

Me, I've got to go now.....
    so much procrastinating to do; so little time.
    Regards

• Advertisement

Tell me more bout urself, where u from and all that and what age bracket do u fall into cos i know people of all areas at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 minderbender

hey i once got an email from ken kesey, on a work account and didn't keep it.. a limerick about having your cake and eating it.. i was young at the time. what do you write?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 minderbender

This thread is delicious, do you guys ever hold group meetings? Where budding writers could mix with established ones and share ideas to create a knowledge pool of inspirational resources?

I'd love to co write with like minded and for that matter opposed minded people.

I did a creative writing class last year and sadly could not complete due to work and educational commitments but a once a month style meeting would be easily achievable.

Or do the people on here prefer to communicate via email, it is after all the electronic era?

Still anyone interested in co-writing, I have had a few short things (dull articles) printed, very formulaic and not as creative as I'd like but its given me a thirst to write more. I have a handle on dialogue, pace, character depth and ever a hold on plot but I'd love a creative mind to pick my own and strengthen my work.

Any takers?
    interesting..

i'm interested I'm interested I'm interested............................................................................................................................

count me in............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mobile girl

songhound wrote: »
    I`m looking for a co-writer to come up with ideas and we`ll co-write from there. I`m not genre-specific in this, though as a male I`d be fairly ham-fisted on the chick-lit/beach reading front. I`d be well up for a comedy script, just as Father Ted was co-written by two males. But most of all I have editorial skills to help polish any draft/synopsis that a writer wants to present to the publishing industry

I'm a dyslexic writer and need somebody of your editoral caliber to help polish my work. I am political fiction genre (international focus).

Mobile Girl

• Advertisement

politics aint my cupa tea so maybe forget me for that one but I'm sure you'll get someone mobile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 the fall guy

I'm so interested in this idea it's scary! Anyone looking for someone to write a dark,gritty,black comedy with sling me a pm.

This could be the start of something big.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Aelfric

How about we arrange a get-together between the lot of us? We can then introduce ourselves, talk a little about what we're writing, maybe read a little and get constructive criticism, but above all, have a laugh? We can discuss collaborations and ideas etc. then. Anyone interested??

i'm interested..

where and when??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Abaddon

Oh dear, I think I've come to this thread very late. I'm really excited by what I've read here. Has anything happened? Are there any groups in Dublin?

well tell us bout your writing first..

what do you write and ever had anything published??

I write short stories, though I'm trying to move towards something longer, most likely a novella first. I haven't been published.

join the club, i've never published a thing but i aim to one day...

u into poetry or anything like that??

Thats my speciality.. over 540 written and that will rise..

So what kind of stuff do you write? Style? Themes? I wrote some poetry when i was younger, but drawn to the story form now. For myself i mean. I still love poetry. You trying to get published?

well poetry is my thingy.. having written over 540 poems, i'm experianced in that area..

I'll write about anything and everything really, u name it, i've more than likely covered it..

Never had anything published yet but i am trying to get something big time..

where u from??

whats ur name?

I'm darran in dublin.. yay.. lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Celticbard

I seemed to have appeared here to late sadly but if there is anything happening or anyone willing to share writing skills and such I would gladly comply I am a writer in training :D

what do you like to write about Celtic?

Well, Darren in Dublin, I'm Mark in Dublin...yay! You seem to be a pretty prolific poet. I find it kind of difficult to say how much I've written, because over the years I've tried everything - poetry, songs, essays, articles, etc. As regards short stories, I couldn't even say how many of those I've written, because I'll invariably be either so disappointed with a piece that i dump it, or else see the potential in the piece and continually re-work it, but never finish it. The word count is a big constraint on publication, but it's very very hard to peel words off a piece you feel you've got just right.

Hi Celticbard. What do you write?

so what u hoping to write with people here Mark??

I don't know. I'm open to anything, if only to exercise the old creative muscles and get the creativity flowing. I'm struggling with a story at the moment, so a serious distraction wouldn't be unwelcome. A change of scenery... So what have you been doing with people here Darran? What are you looking to do here?

Hey Darran, just been on WhiteWashMan's thread about writing a book with someone. Saw your posts there. So are you still writing your book? How's that going? Have you a writing partner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ForenAft

Abaddon wrote: »
    Oh dear, I think I've come to this thread very late. I'm really excited by what I've read here. Has anything happened? Are there any groups in Dublin?
    Hi, Did you find any good writing groups? I would be interested in them. Also I am a song writer and am looking for musicians that need a writer, or people that want to co write. What do you write yourself? Im writing a non fiction book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jeffw98

I am looking for a screenwriting partner. I have no credits... Yet. It seems everyone looking wants a partner with several sold scripts. Or has Steven Spielberg's number on speed dial.

I have niether...:eek:

What I do have is a very creative mind. More than a few solid ideas. Determination. I am looking for a serious partner that knows how to toss ideas back and forth, not to just close his mind if the idea is not his. I have started more than a few, but things have not connected. I am looking for a Partner that I can connect with, finish, re-write and get some scripts sold, HOPEFULLY!
    You never know what can happen till you try. so, let me know. Witty and funny helps. Contact me at: jeffwinterton98@aol.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ForenAft

jeffw98 wrote: »
    I am looking for a screenwriting partner. I have no credits... Yet. It seems everyone looking wants a partner with several sold scripts. Or has Steven Spielberg's number on speed dial.

I have niether...:eek:

What I do have is a very creative mind. More than a few solid ideas. Determination. I am looking for a serious partner that knows how to toss ideas back and forth, not to just close his mind if the idea is not his. I have started more than a few, but things have not connected. I am looking for a Partner that I can connect with, finish, re-write and get some scripts sold, HOPEFULLY!
    You never know what can happen till you try. so, let me know. Witty and funny helps. Contact me at: jeffwinterton98@aol.com
    Hi, I coulnot access your e mail account as this site will not permit it unless set up another. I can try again, outside of this, but it ;may not work. You can try me on eileenceol@hotmail.com. I am not a big famous writer, just a writer, and still unpublished bar one piece. But I finished an album recently and I have hope for it. Also writing a book. But I have great interest in screen writing, so I hope to hear from you,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Hi folks,
    I just saw this now and thought you guys might be interested in a new writing group formed out of No Drama Theatre group. Some of our actors are interested in writing, anything from scripts, short stories to novels and plays, and have formed No Script. They have just started and meet up every week to motivate each other and work towards their personal writing goals. I'll get Polythene Pam to post here and tell you more about it as he knows best.

Advertisement