Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Partner Wanted? Post here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 maldana

smegmar wrote: »
    So I've written some good short stories but because I'm useless at conversation they're mostly silent, If someone considers themselves good and written speech let me know and I'll let you see what I've done so far.

I've written some stories and have written two unpublished longer stories and its been said by a few people including a non fiction writer that I'm pretty good at dialogue and its the strongest part of my writing. It seems to come easy for me to write conversations so if you want to send some of your stuff I can have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JamesRao

What you want to write. I am ready for part time.Will I be pay for it.?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SuperCereal

This thread is delicious, do you guys ever hold group meetings? Where budding writers could mix with established ones and share ideas to create a knowledge pool of inspirational resources?

I'd love to co write with like minded and for that matter opposed minded people.

I did a creative writing class last year and sadly could not complete due to work and educational commitments but a once a month style meeting would be easily achievable.

Or do the people on here prefer to communicate via email, it is after all the electronic era?

Still anyone interested in co-writing, I have had a few short things (dull articles) printed, very formulaic and not as creative as I'd like but its given me a thirst to write more. I have a handle on dialogue, pace, character depth and ever a hold on plot but I'd love a creative mind to pick my own and strengthen my work.

Any takers?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What kind of stuff are you thinking about supercereal?
    I am bit of a melancholic writer of fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SuperCereal

Im very keen to write a script for a play but if its a group project I think a novella would be ideal.
    Also, in days gone by writers printed chapters in the papers either monthly or weekly, wouldn't it be fun to emulate that and write monthly chapters in Dickens style or in the style of a more modern writer like McEwan. Perhaps the writer could change every chapter (me this month you the next etc) but the plot and story line continues.
    Does that make sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Nearly~November

I'm a very busy lady - but would absolutely love to be involved in some sort of writing collective/project/collaboration....
    ...I do think there's something wholly romantic and sigh-inducing about sending things via snail mail...the excitement and trepidation upon receiving (about three months late as per An Post's usual antics...) a padded envelope...containing someone else's thoughts, ramblings, prose or whathaveyou. Although...to begin with email's just as handy, I guess.

Possibly...each member begins a notebook/copybook....and when they feel they've gotten enough down....they send it on to the next person...who has just done the same etc etc....

JamesRao wrote: »
    What you want to write. I am ready for part time.Will I be pay for it.?
    hahahahhahaaaa......

Oh....and I forgot to add.... what are people's top five writers?
    ...just in case there are some I've not heard of...
    oh the joys of discovering new books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Nearly~November had an idea similar to something Ive been thinking about doing for a while. What I was thinking of doing would involve a small circle of people from any background. Ideally, it would be 3 males and 3 females but that's not too important. It would be a book of memories, and I was thinking of starting it all by just picking a word at random from a dictionary, and just writing about a memory I have involving that word. So say the word picked was shore. I would then just write maybe a page or two on a childhood memory (or recent, either is good) from a trip to the beach. Then I would post the notepad along with a new word to the next person in line, they would write about the random word Ive chosen, then they randomly choose another word and post it to the next person and so on...

Nice Idea..... Methinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Archimedes wrote: »
    Nearly~November had an idea similar to something Ive been thinking about doing for a while. What I was thinking of doing would involve a small circle of people from any background. Ideally, it would be 3 males and 3 females but that's not too important. It would be a book of memories, and I was thinking of starting it all by just picking a word at random from a dictionary, and just writing about a memory I have involving that word. So say the word picked was shore. I would then just write maybe a page or two on a childhood memory (or recent, either is good) from a trip to the beach. Then I would post the notepad along with a new word to the next person in line, they would write about the random word Ive chosen, then they randomly choose another word and post it to the next person and so on...

Neat idea.I would be interested in that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Neat idea.I would be interested in that.

Count me in also if that's ok with you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Youre all welcome to participate, lets see if we can get a handful of more people here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mafiadaga

I'm interested in writing alot.

I do alot of poetry, and I'm currently working on a book at the minute which I'm aiming to finish by the end of March.

Tell me more about what writers you'd like to know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mm23266

Hi, I'd be up for this if its still open. I did the Open University A174 Creating Writing course but I have a long way to go before I can stop cringing on re-reading anything I have written so far. Not as easy as I'd thought...

Anyone interested in submitting something for the Francis McManus Short Story competition that RTE run in the Autumn ?

What do you write about yourself???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 A. Carruthers

Come all, why don't we have a healthy dose of truth serum here. What the person is in fact looking for is someone to have intercourse with along the loose premise of a shared interest in writing and literature! A well trodden path for bookish types to get laid or at the very least it will provide the opportunity to engage in some hitherto unaccessible sexual tension. you divil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 annabonk

hey, that`s a weird remark from A Carruthers! Songwriters get together to write songs, some painters and sculptors do as well, so why cant writers share their talents and team up?! Good thread this, once we can keep out (ahem) the more juvenile elements who think getting laid is at the root of everything. Sad creatures :)

Yes finally someone who thinks with their head.
    Yeap I'm lookin for guys and gals to start a new writing group mainly in dublin...

Know anyone that may be interesed??

Time to create the best writing group in the world :)

annabonk wrote: »
    hey, that`s a weird remark from A Carruthers! Songwriters get together to write songs, some painters and sculptors do as well, so why cant writers share their talents and team up?! Good thread this, once we can keep out (ahem) the more juvenile elements who think getting laid is at the root of everything. Sad creatures :)

Getting laid is at the root of everything or did I miss something in biology class? creative writing and sex practically go hand in hand....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mm23266

I am based in Co. Clare, does that include me out ?
    mafiadaga wrote: »
    Yes finally someone who thinks with their head.
    Yeap I'm lookin for guys and gals to start a new writing group mainly in dublin...

Know anyone that may be interesed??

Time to create the best writing group in the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 annabonk

Hey this was a good thread until it screeched to a grinding halt below waist level, thanks to some contributor`s perverse view that all writing equates with sexual desire. Junior Cert biology teaching has a lot to answer for!

Can we keep it at least waist high, adult and mature? Some of the greatest writers have been celibate and even those who werent confined this creative activity to an area between the ears and not the thighs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

what have you got in mind annabonk?

Its time to see who's really interested..

Everyone tell me who they r, where they're from and how serious they are about writing...

D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pollythene Pam

Hey, Im Murphy.
    Ive written a few short stories and was lucky enough to publish two.
    I have also written, and staged a few plays over the years.
    Would love to join a writting group with some guys from boards.
    Yours in admiration,
    Pollythene Pam.

And where are you from???

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I would be interested in joining some kind of a writing group, as long as the group meetings are suitable for me. I can't get out at the weekends, I work.So it would have to be at the evening. I've been writing for a year, used to love it but lost the drive. Hopefully being amongst more experienced writers may encourage me a little. I've had nothing published.
    I live in Wicklow but work in Dublin. There should be a link to some of my stories below.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pollythene Pam

North Dublin.

If anyone interested seriously..

send me a private message on this and tell me if yo're on facebook or bebo because it's easier to communicate there..

dont you agree??

• Advertisement

you're not a serial killer are you?

Advertisement