Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Partner Wanted? Post here!

Options
  • 22-05-2008 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I`m looking for someone creative to write with, based on the premise that a shared imagination can go that bit further. Is that you? I`ve a good command of structure, grammar, and the lyrical flow of good writing. I`ve also a good command of dialogue and would like to collaborate with a like-minded writer who can both enhance and judge objectively our writing project as we go along.

Writing is a lonely art form but sharing the experience with someone else makes it more sociable and rewarding. And with a partnership comes discipline, where the 2 partners become more motivated and also more answerable to one another. So there`s a momentum gained...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

What are you interested in writing, genrewise? Do you write full-time / part-time / on the side / etc?

Don't know if it would be me, but I like your idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Fiction? Genre? Short-shorts? Short? Novelette or novel? Stage play or screen writing? Online, publishing house? Details?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fiction? Genre? Short-shorts? Short? Novelette or novel? Stage play or screen writing? Online, publishing house? Details?

+1

This sounds like the kind of arrangement I'd be willing to try out as an experiment, not sure if I could commit to co-writing a novel though (especially without details)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,246 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Id be up for giving something like this a try as well, once it wasn't too big a project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 neilcassady

svengali wrote: »
    I`m looking for someone creative to write with, based on the premise that a shared imagination can go that bit further. Is that you? I`ve a good command of structure, grammar, and the lyrical flow of good writing. I`ve also a good command of dialogue and would like to collaborate with a like-minded writer who can both enhance and judge objectively our writing project as we go along.

Writing is a lonely art form but sharing the experience with someone else makes it more sociable and rewarding. And with a partnership comes discipline, where the 2 partners become more motivated and also more answerable to one another. So there`s a momentum gained...

Hi I'm a writer - 25 years old. I love beat generation stuff and obviously the classics. I can't seem to get started due to lack of motivation would like to hear back soon thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 songhound

I`m looking for a co-writer to come up with ideas and we`ll co-write from there. I`m not genre-specific in this, though as a male I`d be fairly ham-fisted on the chick-lit/beach reading front. I`d be well up for a comedy script, just as Father Ted was co-written by two males. But most of all I have editorial skills to help polish any draft/synopsis that a writer wants to present to the publishing industry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Hey everyone, I was curious was anything ever done about this by anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey guys

I would be up for getting together and working on a project. Right now I am preparing a Treatment for a short film with the Production Company I am based with. Would love to enhance my writing skills with other people in Ireland. Lets see if we can work something out in the near future. A meet up and a few beers would be a good way to start.

Is this thread still active? Where is the OP? I wonder did they make any progress? Hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kerfuffle

Hello. Am new to Boards and would be interested in getting involved if this does get off the ground.

Am coming more from a feedback point of view. I recently did a script reading/editing course and am trying to build up experience in this area and read as widely as possible. Would be happy to get involved to read scripts, ideas etc. (not in a kill-the-script kind of way I should add!)

• Advertisement

Finally some progress. Looks like we can get the wheels in motion. Anybody else out there please feel free to comment. All opinions are appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

I've been writing a novel with someone I met online. It's working remarkably well, despite us being in different time zones. We both have the same "feel" for the story and the characters. I've met several people online, but she was the only one I asked - it seemed right, and we've done some 100k words or so now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭tinkletoes

I would be interested in finding out more about what the op has in mind. I joined a creative club but got cancelled because of lack of interest. I have just completed a short story for sean o' faoilin competition for end of July and am planning in entering more competition and would not mind working with others as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm currently writing a novel but I'm crap at dialogue. I lack the gift of the gab in everyday life and I feel that when I'm writing my dialogue is weak and too familiar.

I consider myself to be very good at descriptions, backgrounds and story pacing. Anyone out there interested in collaborating with me would be more than welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mick tierney

svengali wrote: »

Hi Svengali,

I too am looking for someone to write with, I more or less write short stories nothing serious.I also enjoy doing recitations about our local area and its people. I do a bit of comedy writing for Weddings-Birthdays etc.

Who knows,perhaps one day we may write a famous novel.

ferley.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Wow. This seems like something worthy of a sticky doesnt it?
    Sounds like a good plan to me. I would like to contribute to some sort of writing group. Google groups is a good accessible tool for collaborated writing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Let it not be said that this curmudgeonly old bastard does nothing but ban people. Stickified.

Hey guys

This is very promising. I would also love to collaborate together on something. I am sure if we all put our minds together we could come up with many wonderful stories to tell. The possibilities are endless (as indeed are our imaginations.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 newtoat

Hi there,

I'm a writer/journalist currently based in the Cork area.

I write short-stories, personal essays and a column type serial called Rebel within the Pale - documenting personal experiences of living in Dublin, intended to be slightly satirical.

If anybody would like to team up for honest criticism of each other's work I'd be game.

Cheers
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 derryc

hi, have done co songwriting,would be interested in hearing from anyone interested in co writing a play . over 30s prefferred,,d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I'm planning on writing a play. Its like a really tense murder mystery kinda play.
    I'm really good at coming up with plots, details, character personalities and developing the story. But i'm not very good at putting it all to words effectively. I'm okay at dialogues but again i'm not very creative at writing.

So i'ld love it if anyone out there with good writing skills would like to collaborate with me on this and a few more writing projects.
    I do believe i've got some amazing plots to develop on but its just the writing skill that i lack so if anyone can fill in that part, i think we could create wonders! :D

I would love to help breath life into your story. It sounds very promising and has an entire world to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

DenMan wrote: »
    I would love to help breath life into your story. It sounds very promising and has an entire world to explore.

That would be pretty cool.
    I have sorta developed a good idea about the characters, setup and story of the play. Its kinda a play set in a bar/lounge. With a murder, some investigation and tense drama all along where every character is connected in some way as slowly things unfold themselves till the intense climax towards the end. Sounds like a cliche but trust me, its not gonna be just another one of them stories...

Don't wanna give out any more details out here. But yeah, i'ld love to work with someone with good writing skills to put those ideas into a gripping play.

I've never written anything apart from lyrics and poems before so i don't quite know how to go about with this. So yeah, if you're up for it and we can work on similar wavelengths then hopefully we should put out something amazing.

I'm planning on writing a play. Its like a really tense murder mystery kinda play.
    I'm really good at coming up with plots, details, character personalities and developing the story. But i'm not very good at putting it all to words effectively. I'm okay at dialogues but again i'm not very creative at writing.

So i'ld love it if anyone out there with good writing skills would like to collaborate with me on this and a few more writing projects.
    I do believe i've got some amazing plots to develop on but its just the writing skill that i lack so if anyone can fill in that part, i think we could create wonders! :D
    hi f....can you give me a ring..0868063618...d

hi f, can you give me aring...0868063618..d

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

So I've written some good short stories but because I'm useless at conversation they're mostly silent, If someone considers themselves good and written speech let me know and I'll let you see what I've done so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

An File wrote: »
    +1

This sounds like the kind of arrangement I'd be willing to try out as an experiment, not sure if I could commit to co-writing a novel though (especially without details)

I can recommend it.

I've been co-writing a novel for nearly three years. The biggest problem, as I mentioned in an earlier post, is the time difference as my writing partner is eight hours behind me, and so it's harder to catch up in real time.

But it's been inspirational, and we've done some 700 pages now, with still a way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

I would love a partner to work on a plot driven thriller type novel.
    Crime, Sci Fi or Horror.

PM me to meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Hi everyone,
    Love to work with a fellow writer, it may give me some much needed motivation back into writing.
    I write mainly short stories but I would like to write a novel. I have no real genre.I like fantasy,thriller and any other weird stuff I can think of. Not the best writer ( trying real hard on my grammar).
    I'm 32 and I live in Tinahely, County Wicklow. I work in Stillorgan so I can meet up anywhere in between. There is a link below for a few of my stories below.Check them out and see if We could work togeather.
    Thanks.Christian.

<a href="http://</a&gt;http://www.storiesville.com/FRANTIC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Abreu

Would like to work with someone interesed in science fiction or fantasy romance novels.

Thanks.

Advertisement