Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭FledNanders

rex59 wrote: »
    yea...that's a good idea. Not sure if there are any astro turfs in the city centre.

Sportsco in Ringsend and Irishtown Stadium would be the closest I'd imagine. Sportsco pitches are definitely the better of the two

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Im still looking for a regular game, any day Monday to Friday, South Dublin.
    Good standard and reliable.

Cheers, Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

Sportsco in Ringsend and Irishtown Stadium would be the closest I'd imagine. Sportsco pitches are definitely the better of the two

ive got no idea where those are but if theres bodies to play on a nite im free (mon, thu, fri) then i'd be up for it.

is there no 11's leagues that play on astro and let you where moulded stud boots? i wanna get back to playin regularly but (around mullingar anyways) the parks where in fairly bad condition. now im up in clondalkin i wanna get ready for the next season. oh and ive only ever played as a forward and im left footed, told that to a manager in mullingar, decided to play me in right midfield, 6 games later, still never played upfront. that was the end of that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

The Boards Team themselves play an 11-aside in Ballinteer but there are other teams in that league. Any way of finding out if any of them are looking for players for the new season?
    28, midfield, decent standard, looking to get into an eleven-a-side in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

We're looking for 2 more players for a 5-a-side game in Irishtown at 7 tonight if anyone is interested. Average standard. It's a regular game but our numbers have dwindled so it could become a weekly game for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Piquet22

Looking for 2 or 3 regular players for Astro 6 aside.
    Every Thursday 9pm to 10pm

Piquet22 wrote: »
    Looking for 2 or 3 regular players for Astro 6 aside.
    Every Thursday 9pm to 10pm

Hi, Im after getting sorted for a game but I dont have anything on next week.
    If you are stuck I could come along for next week as a once off. Where abouts is it please if your interested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

Mousewar wrote: »
    The Boards Team themselves play an 11-aside in Ballinteer but there are other teams in that league. Any way of finding out if any of them are looking for players for the new season?
    28, midfield, decent standard, looking to get into an eleven-a-side in that area.

Suppose you'd need to msg one of the admins. if they werent lookin for players, there's probably enough interest to start another team. just gettin kits or if its bibs they use i suppose would be the hard part.

i'd be available since its tuesdays they play, shame its only for an hour tho (i think)
    i'd play tho, i'm a forward/striker, 28, if you get any info on it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 raycre

Hi, I am looking for a regular or sub 5 aside game in UCD on one of the following days Mon/Tues/Sat/Sun .... decent standard and reliable....pm me if interested. cheers

byrnem31 wrote: »
    Hi, Im after getting sorted for a game but I dont have anything on next week.
    If you are stuck I could come along for next week as a once off. Where abouts is it please if your interested ?

Leixlip Amenities Centre. Do you know it.
    I'll let you know about Thursday.

• Advertisement

Looking for players for 6 aside in Leixlip.
    9pm to 10pm Every Thursday.

Leixlip Amenities Centre. Do you know it.
    I'll let you know about Thursday.

Sorry but thats a bit too far for me, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Looking for a game mon/tues 8/9pm Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Are there any teams in the Asto league at Dundrum looking for spare players? I live five minutes from the pitches, and would be available if any teams are short players.

I'm 31, looking to get a bit of fitness back. Played GAA mainly but solid enough at soccer also.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

Hi Byrnem31,

We are looking for 2 more regular players up in tallaght wed at 7:30pm if your interested?

Pm your details if your interested and I will pass on your details to the organiser.

Regards

Mellio

As previously posted we are looking for 2 reliable players to play
    5/6 a side up in tallaght astropark at 7:30pm Wed night if there is
    anyone interested.

Mellio

where exactly is the astro park in tallaght

where exactly is the astro park in tallaght
    depends which direction your coming from.

From Clondalkin/Newlands Cross you can haed towards Tallaght on the belgard road and keep going until you reach the lights where you can see burger king to your right.

Take a left at these lights and go all the way down to the bottom of this road and take a right, just ahead by 100 metres and its there on your left.

really depends which way your coming from.

Mellio wrote: »
    As previously posted we are looking for 2 reliable players to play
    5/6 a side up in tallaght astropark at 7:30pm Wed night if there is
    anyone interested.

Mellio

Ill take one of them slots please, pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Randy Savage

Howdy Ho, I just recently moved back to Dublin, looking at getting playing again. Played in the MDL Sunday league last season so still fit enough.....I hope. Not fussy 5 to 11 a side will do, have car so anywhere in Dublin depending on time (I live in Harolds Cross but work in Swords). 28 solid enough (a bit like Steve Finnan) sure gimmie a shout if anyone need a player. Im reliable too.

Cheers

Conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 barryquinn

Hi looking for players for Sportsco in Ringsend on Fridays, have a group of tenish but need more as people go away some weekends, pm if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Moved back to Dublin a month or two back but have still been travelling back to Wexford every Tues, Fri and Sun for training/matches.

We've only 1 or 2 games left in the season now so i'll be looking for a fairly regular 5/6 a side game some evening. Living in Castleknock but I have a car as well so any location would probably suit.

Have played at top division in Wex so not a bad standard. Generally a centre midfielder but have been converted into a full/centre back this season.

I'll keep an eye on this page in case anything pops up.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 raycre

Hey I am looking for a 5-aside game (preferably) in UCD or nearby on Mon, Tues, Sat or Sun... would be happy to just be a sub for whenever your stuck etc... pm me if interested

Reliable players required to play regular 6aside in Leixlip every Thursday 9pm to 10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 StevenDublin

Hi

We're looking for a couple of players to play 5 a side in UCD on Thursday's at 7pm. Most of the current squad are in their mid 30's. Standard is decent enough, so we'd like people who know how to kick a ball (we've had some lads turn up who honestly haven't a clue).

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Finglas Leisure Centre, 9pm Thursdays, Spaces for up to 3 regular players. Easy going game suitable to all levels of player and or fitness.

PM for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Looking for a game in South Dublin maybe even North Wicklow. Tuesdays, Thursdays and weekends I am available. I have not played in a year or two so will be a little rusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Looking for a game in South Dublin maybe even North Wicklow. Tuesdays, Thursdays and weekends I am available. I have not played in a year or two so will be a little rusty.

If Greystones isn't too far stick your name on the noticeboard in shoreline, someone will take you.

http://www.shorelineleisure.ie/index.php?id=contactshorelinecharlesland

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Looking for reliable players for Monday's in tallaght astropark @ 8pm.

If your interested pm me your number and details.
    Regular 5 aside game every Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jonin

Hi All,

Our team based in Thurles
    consists of mostly Polish, a few Irish...and a South African!!!

we looking for a game with any team willing to play...
    we play 8 a side on smaller Astro field...but if we have to play 11 on a full size pitch we can...
    we can play in Thurles...or will travel...(We have traveled to Port Laois etc)

So if you have a team in Nenagh or close by, please message me!

We just looking for a game and a bit of Craic!!!

please message me to make arrangements
    or if you know anybody who might be interested

thanks for reading!!!
    jonin

Advertisement