Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

We are an over 35s team based on northside of Dublin and we are looking for a goalkeeper.decent set up and good side.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tiptopdel

Sent you a PM there Mellio,

We need players for game tonight at 7.30pm in Tallaght Astro.
    Even if u cant make it tonight and want to play next week, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nantastic

Hi,

32 year old looking for a game in either dunshaughlin or in City Centre mon-fri (kicking off around 5:30 to 7.

Reasonable enough.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 unknownNinja

17 y/o,I don't know if people would like a 17 year old player but it's worth a try.
    Live round the southside of the city,up for any type of football :)
    PM me if any needs some players!
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭bazalicous

I'm lookin for kickabout in cork somewhere between tuesday and thursday if anyone is lookin for extra body...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Still looking for a Monday/Tuesday night game from 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 12 c08849200

Im looking for a game any day of the week except sunday as I play at sportsco.

Any type of game and almost anywhere on the southside would be grand.

If there is any spots open let me know!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Hi,

Looking for a game any night except Tuesdays. Southside preferably.

I'm working in Sandyford area.

Send me a PM if you have free space

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Anyone interested in a game on Thursday at 8pm in Astropark, Coolock?

Just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Anyone interested in a game on Thursday at 8pm in Astropark, Coolock?

Just PM me.

Sent you a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 DonkeyPunch

We're short a few players tomorrow (Thursday) @ 7 in Coolock. If anyone would like to play just PM me.
    Cheers

We're short a few players tomorrow (Thursday) @ 7 in Coolock. If anyone would like to play just PM me.
    Cheers

Pm sent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thesound

Hi, Im looking for a game on any day in Dublin. Would prefer a regular spot on the southside somewhere. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

Hey, I know you might laugh but I'm 50 in a few days and I want to get back into football. I was good as a kid with an offer of trials with a UK club and a LOI club but I never followed through. Got into music instead!
    I more or less packed it in and only played a bit of Astro from time to time. I've never had a serious injury apart from a hamstring pull in the parent's race in the kiddie sports day..ha ha!
    I'd love to play over 35s but am I way too old?
    I know I'm not fit and I'm over weight but I still get plenty of exercise and I feel with a bit of training that I'd polish up quite well.

Should I forget it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Not at all man - and you wont know for sure until you try. What area are you living in - im sure there is a local team that would at least let you join in on training so you can see how you like it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm close to Naas. I was thinking of trying Peamount or some of the Kildare
    League teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

My mate is involved with Peamount - dont know how but i know they should have an over 35s team you can give a shout.

Gel wrote: »
    Hey, I know you might laugh but I'm 50 in a few days and I want to get back into football. I was good as a kid with an offer of trials with a UK club and a LOI club but I never followed through. Got into music instead!
    I more or less packed it in and only played a bit of Astro from time to time. I've never had a serious injury apart from a hamstring pull in the parent's race in the kiddie sports day..ha ha!
    I'd love to play over 35s but am I way too old?
    I know I'm not fit and I'm over weight but I still get plenty of exercise and I feel with a bit of training that I'd polish up quite well.

Should I forget it?
    Go for it. Wish my auld lad had the same attitude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Looking to get a game in bray, wicklow town, greystones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Game available if anyone is interested in AstroPark Coolock tomorrow night at 8pm. Drop me a PM if you wanna play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

From next Thursday onward I have 2/3 places on a weekly game taking place in Finglas leisure centre, beside the fire station.

9pm Kick Off, all levels of players welcomed and hopefully this will be a regular game for the forseeable future...

PM for anymore info, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BigPodge

Hi all,

I am looking for a midweek astro game on the southside, preferrably Stillorgan/Dundrum/UCD area, used to play 2-3 times a week before I relocated to Dublin 6 months ago.

I'm 28 and not the fittest, but more than able to hold my own, can play any position.

Please send me a pm if you need a player.

Cheers....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Concon91

Am looking to play soccer (preferably astroturf) on a regular basis. Any week day besides Tuesday and Thursday due to lectures.

I'm 21 and just recently moved to the Clontarf/Raheny area and want to get properly fit again. Usually a striker/midfielder.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rex59

Hi Guys,
    Looking to play soccer. I am in my mid twenties, very fit and able to play a decent game.Will be available to play on a regular basis.
    Do let me know if there is any availabilities.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

hey,
    just moved to the Clondalkin area and lookin for a regular game anytime at all.
    also, was thinkin there's that many ppl lookin for a game, mite be worth while startin up a new game with whoevers lookin for a game.
    ive only moved over from scotland so dont know how things work in regards to bookin a pitch or that, but would be good if someone could help organise it

if there's interest for 10 ppl, i'd be up for this

Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Good idea. Seems like more than enough players. I can look into it. Need an idea of day and location. Presumably week evenings / nights i.e. not friday or saturday and city centre location best.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Im looking for a regular slot of astro once a week. Fairly decent standard and committed.
    Was playing in 11 a side league but had to drop out due to college. I would like to play on the south side of Dublin, Tallaght, Templeogue, etc and can travel.
    Mon to Fri but might consider weekends depending on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

Good idea. Seems like more than enough players. I can look into it. Need an idea of day and location. Presumably week evenings / nights i.e. not friday or saturday and city centre location best.

i'd be up for a thursday, had a gd few games this week. im livin in the clondalkin area so the astro would be a good shout for me

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭FledNanders

Looking for a 5/6 a side game on Thursday evenings. Preferably close to city centre. I already play competitive 11 a side once a week so would just be looking for a kickabout really. I'd be fit and up to a decent standard.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 rex59

darrenmcc wrote: »
    hey,
    just moved to the Clondalkin area and lookin for a regular game anytime at all.
    also, was thinkin there's that many ppl lookin for a game, mite be worth while startin up a new game with whoevers lookin for a game.
    ive only moved over from scotland so dont know how things work in regards to bookin a pitch or that, but would be good if someone could help organise it

if there's interest for 10 ppl, i'd be up for this

Darren

yea...that's a good idea. Not sure if there are any astro turfs in the city centre.

Advertisement