Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hi All.

As the title says looking for some football in the terms of Astro.ie or what not coming from a high standard. 11side.

High standard of playing expierience in both the AUL and LSL Dublin.

Anway if any team is looking for a centre midfielder both creative/defensive and ball retention then just hit me up with a PM.

I'm over southside of dublin don't mind travelling a bit for a game, give or take 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I think we have one or two spaces free for our regular game on Mondays at 8pm in Greystones on the astro pitches up by Charlesland. It's six aside (well depends on the numbers on the night obviously). Standard is mixed but there's enough decent players to make the games competitive. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi lads
    Over 35s team based on northside looking for players.league winners last year and of decent standard so looking to add to squad.Decent training and pitch,come on get the last bit outta the legs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 micktastic

CORK:

Hi lads, looking to play some astro soccer in cork. Used to play a few times a week and played 11 a side aswell. Haven't played in a good while due to work so trying to get the fitness up again and play as often as possible. If anyones short a player give me shout. I'm 25 and have my own transport.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ZEOFF

Just started a new job in Dublin, lookin to play astro soccer in stillorgan/ucd area, Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hey, just letting people know, we could do with another couple of good players for the Boards.ie Bordeaux squad for our next season starting in September.

Best to send 'Des' a PM and copy emc2 and me (in case Des has something on his plate one of us will get back to you), if you've played before it's handy to mention where, positions etc. but the idea of having friendlies will be to give new lads a run out before the squad for next season is picked so I'll hopefully see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Hey, just letting people know, we could do with another couple of good players for the Boards.ie Bordeaux squad for our next season starting in September.

Best to send 'Des' a PM and copy emc2 and me (in case Des has something on his plate one of us will get back to you), if you've played before it's handy to mention where, positions etc. but the idea of having friendlies will be to give new lads a run out before the squad for next season is picked so I'll hopefully see you there.

Hey, any chance I could get more info about this, I p'med yourselves already.

To the new players that have PMed me - thanks for the interest and sorry for the delay. We definitely want you to come down to have a game in one of the 2 upcoming friendlies so please keep an eye out here for details, but one of us should be getting back to you on PM shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would love to play some astro games any day bar Sunday and Tuesday. Living in Dundrum but can't drive so any games in the area let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jtroe1

Looking for a few players for 5-6 aside in UCD 6 O'clock every Wednesday. We've lost a few players recently to moving jobs, emigrating etc. So wether it's a few individuals looking for a game or 3 or 4 lads who haven't got enough numbers to get their own game going. Good standard and just works out as a fiver a game

• Advertisement

Short 1 player for 5 aside game in UCD tonight 29/8 at 6 o'clock. Anyone around

We've 1 or 2 spots in a 5/6 aside game in UCD on Wednesday nights at 6 if your interested. On 9 so far for tonight aswell if you're around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Hi,

Looking for a casual weekly 5/7 a side game in D2/4/6 at social standard. If anyone has one on the go and needs an extra body drop me a pm. Happy to jump in goal when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Is anyone interested or anyone know someone who might be interested in starting a women's team, 5 a side or whatever. Really want to get involved in something south Dublin, north Wicklow area.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

anyone know any 11's teams that play on a saturday morning around clondalkin area? im not bothered about standard, play as a striker, 28 years old and just want a good excuse to get out the house and get back to fitness and enjoy playing again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

29 yr old Looking to play astro in newpark blackrock or benildus stillorgan or training tuesday /thursday with sunday lg if possible defender.
    Pm if anybody needs a spare body.ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

We're looking for 3 players to join us for a monday night seven a side league.
    www.intersevens.com

We play in the top division of two, games monday night in Ringsend.
    My company subsidise the subscription, so its only €50 for a 14 game season per player.

Anyone interested, just pm me.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I figured i'd put up our details in case anyone still looking for a team etc.

We're based on the Northside of Dublin and train Tues and Thurs (Currently) in St.Annes Park in Raheny.

We have three teams- 2 on Saturdays in the UCFL and one on Sunday's in the LSL, so we have rooms for players of all standards. We also have an O'35's team for the more 'experienced' players!!

It's a good group of lads at the club but always on the lookout for additional players.

Send me a PM for more details.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

33 year old trying to get back playing with a team after a few years out. Preferably I am on the lookout for a sunday team on the southside. As the title says Im unfit (but working on that at the moment) so the standard of team should not be very high as I want to be able to get a few games rather than just train and not get a look at the squad on match days.

I am was a box to box midfielder but I also play up front. If any teams need an extra body send me a message.

Maybe someday Ill make the Boards team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

ASTROPARK TALLAGHT - 7:30pm WED Evening

Regular slot available for a player to join a 5 a side match every wednesday at 7:30pm.

If Interested send me a pm and I will pass on your details to the person
    organising it.

Decent level but not too intence.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Alright Lads,

We're getting a game organised in the new Astro-Turf pitches out in Cabra, D7.

Location here: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=53.363153,-6.298005&hl=en&sll=53.365202,-6.291518&sspn=0.018156,0.045447&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=15&t=m&z=15

Prices: €60 per hour 17:00 - 22:00 Monday - Thursday

Send me a pm with your email address and I will add you to the mailing list

We don't have a specified day/time yet, so can you send me your preference for either Tuesday or Thursday and time from 7pm onwards and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I'm moving from Kildare to Harold's Cross next week and am hoping to join a decent team for competitive ball if possible. I haven't played competitively for about two years due to work commitments but hope to have time to play now that I'm in the middle of a 'career' change :D

I'm quite a good striker, if I may say so myself, and have played competitively since I was 8, now 25. I most recently played for Rino's Vancouver FC in the Vancouver Metro League Div1. I have previously played League of Ireland football at u21 level and in the Leinster Senior league.

I need to work on my fitness a bit as I've been out of the game for a while and haven't done as much running of late as has been usual for me since leaving the game.

I'm craving competitive football these days as I only get to play 5-a-side every so often.

Anyway, if there are any teams in or around the Harold's Cross area I'd be very interested in joining up.

dceire wrote: »
    I'm moving from Kildare to Harold's Cross next week and am hoping to join a decent team for competitive ball if possible. I haven't played competitively for about two years due to work commitments but hope to have time to play now that I'm in the middle of a 'career' change :D

I'm quite a good striker, if I may say so myself, and have played competitively since I was 8, now 25. I most recently played for Rino's Vancouver FC in the Vancouver Metro League Div1. I have previously played League of Ireland football at u21 level and in the Leinster Senior league.

I need to work on my fitness a bit as I've been out of the game for a while and haven't done as much running of late as has been usual for me since leaving the game.

I'm craving competitive football these days as I only get to play 5-a-side every so often.

Anyway, if there are any teams in or around the Harold's Cross area I'd be very interested in joining up.

Just letting you know that the Boards.ie team are looking to take on another couple of players for the new season starting next week: Astro 11-a-side in Wesley College, Dundrum. It's Social Standard so not up to the level you've been playing at, but it's still competitive and we play some decent football. Sounds like what you're looking for is a grass team, training twice a week etc., in which case you'll find plenty of Leinster Senior League teams in or around that area that might be a good fit, but let us know if you want to play for Boards.ie.

We're a man short for a friendly tonight at 9m in St. Colmcilles Knocklyon in case anyone is available and looking to have a run before the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Just letting you know that the Boards.ie team are looking to take on another couple of players for the new season starting next week: Astro 11-a-side in Wesley College, Dundrum. It's Social Standard so not up to the level you've been playing at, but it's still competitive and we play some decent football. Sounds like what you're looking for is a grass team, training twice a week etc., in which case you'll find plenty of Leinster Senior League teams in or around that area that might be a good fit, but let us know if you want to play for Boards.ie.

We're a man short for a friendly tonight at 9m in St. Colmcilles Knocklyon in case anyone is available and looking to have a run before the new season.

Cheers Frank, I'll have a think about it anyway. It's more a Dublin league team I'd be after to be honest, not sure I'm still up for the traveling that goes with being in the leinster senior league. Just wanting to play a decent level without it being all consuming if that makes sense. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭youwhoglue

Hi all,

We're looking for a few new regulars after a 2 fellas pulled out of our game. We play Wednesday nights in ESB Sportsco in Ringsend at 7pm.

It's a social medium quality game priced at 65 euro for the 13 week term so fiver a game.
    It starts tomorrow night if you wanna pop along and see if you like the game.

Please feel free to PM me with your e-mail address and I can add you to the mailing list.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭youwhoglue

youwhoglue wrote: »
    Hi all,

We're looking for a few new regulars after a 2 fellas pulled out of our game. We play Wednesday nights in ESB Sportsco in Ringsend at 7pm.

It's a social medium quality game priced at 65 euro for the 13 week term so fiver a game.
    It starts tomorrow night if you wanna pop along and see if you like the game.

Please feel free to PM me with your e-mail address and I can add you to the mailing list.

Thanks

Thanks to all who replied.
    We're full for the term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

If there's anyone looking for players for 5-a-side astro within the South Dublin area feel free to mail me, anywhere accessible via Dun Laoghaire would be fine. Mates aren't dedicated enough to play frequently. Preferably looking for lads who play socially, age range 20-30. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Elaineg2002

Does anyone know of a ladies soccer team in north Dublin I could join?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Looking for a few players for a brand new team. We'll be training once a week at the start to see what type of players we have and we hope to be in a league for the start of next season.
    We're going to be based in the Phoenix Park initially for training etc.
    We'll be having our first casual kick about on Monday evening.
    PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 zolaisking

Anyone looking a 5a side game on Wednesday in Glasnevin? we play at 7 and need 1-2 players that would like to play every week and are overweight or a smoker or even both

Advertisement