Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

i'm getting 2 printers, a large screen and some peripherals!!!

next day delivery still 7.95sterling!

woot if it all goes ok

needed new mousmat and wrist rests.
    only 7.41 each for gel kensington do's,
    that's almost a bargain alert!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Tell us if the UK VAT holds up or gets swapped for ours!

Or, in the case of the former, if the Gards impound your stuff at the border! lol.gif

Solitaire wrote: »
    Tell us if the UK VAT holds up or gets swapped for ours!

Or, in the case of the former, if the Gards impound your stuff at the border! lol.gif

vat held up but....

credit card was not accepted?

I'll ring 'em tomorrow

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What card? Usually only Visa/3V seem to hold up under cross-border transactions, everything else delights in going tits-up :mad:

OSPCS - the Pixmania of the North lol.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Solitaire wrote: »
    What card? Usually only Visa/3V seem to hold up under cross-border transactions, everything else delights in going tits-up :mad:

The above transaction was done with Mastercard.. I also get books from bookdepository.co.uk regularly with no hassle.

• Advertisement

Talk about great customer service!

They were saying that they've only recently started the ".ie" and that they have been having a few problems with credit cards. They also said they're starting a laser facility in the next few weeks too(ohhhhhhhhh)...

Also the transaction was done with a mastercard and they said they'll mail me in a "wee" bit to say what's goin on

2 mins later...

I get a call on my mobile! :O
    they told me they were on to the credit card company and they said that the system seems to be working fine and there may have been just a slight breakdown in communication when processing my order for some reason??? Anywho update as i try again and try again and try again... :(

Yeah well after getting a couple of phone calls from them(very helpful) and then entering my details around 4 times with two different cards, they still haven't been able to solve the problem. They said that people have been making orders and there have been no problems but he did ring mastercard and they seemed to think that it was casue they weren't registered for the "3d security" feature, which some people have on their credit cards.

Although you may think i'm annoyed at this but i'm really not. They've rang me the second that the order didn't go through everytime and i really believe that this problem will only be temperary as they seem to be working pretty hard at it.

I asked them to send me on the details of how to pay by cheque cause they say that it's an option. Will update as it goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sounds good..let me know how it goes

yeah they didn't say anythin' about other payment methods...

They said it's only mastercards which should be the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bought a few things from Pixmania, one of them was a DDR3 4650, got a DDR2 model shipped to me, arghhhh! I dread to think of the hoops I'll have to jump through just to get what I actually ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is the price of hardware going up?

I use ebuyer allot, it has a catalogue for saving stuff your interested in which shows the current price as well as the price it was when you added it to your catalogue. Some of the branded stuff I had added to it like crucial ram and the intel CPU have taken close to £5 jump in price.

Has anyone else noticed the price going up on hardware?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

In general I haven't noticed a huge difference but as always supply and demand wins out. Which CPU/RAM was it? Chances are if they are popular ones then the supplier just thought they'de bump the price so they can get their new cars quicker.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148900
    £113.03 - £117.79

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/143844

£33.03 - £37.38

Ebuyer prices always fluctuate it's just to see such a similar jump in price on the two items I was wondering if the recession was making PC components more expensive because less people where buying them?

Or maybe I'm just fishing for an excuse to get this upgrade over with.

ScumLord wrote: »

Or maybe I'm just fishing for an excuse to get this upgrade over with.

Doooooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Was planning on ordering the components to build a pc from Hardwaresand but couldn't even get past the registration form! Problems are arising with the house number and the zip code where - It keeps telling me that the entered value for the house number is too long despite my entering every number of numbers under the sun! I did a search here and it said to put 0 as the house number but that didn't work either. Think it's also telling me that 'street' is too long.

My address is 17 beechmount road, highfield park
    Any idea how i should put this down so that it actually works?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 mirec1234

I have tried yesterday to buy from this site but mastercard not working - 3d auth error and 6 EURO credit card fee !!!!!!!!!
    then I've tried laser card - not working - number missmatch :(
    this site is up running for more than a month and payments still not working ...
    effluo did you receive your order from them or is it a scam ?

Effluo wrote: »
    Talk about great customer service!

They were saying that they've only recently started the ".ie" and that they have been having a few problems with credit cards. They also said they're starting a laser facility in the next few weeks too(ohhhhhhhhh)...

Also the transaction was done with a mastercard and they said they'll mail me in a "wee" bit to say what's goin on

2 mins later...

I get a call on my mobile! :O
    they told me they were on to the credit card company and they said that the system seems to be working fine and there may have been just a slight breakdown in communication when processing my order for some reason??? Anywho update as i try again and try again and try again... :(

Yeah well after getting a couple of phone calls from them(very helpful) and then entering my details around 4 times with two different cards, they still haven't been able to solve the problem. They said that people have been making orders and there have been no problems but he did ring mastercard and they seemed to think that it was casue they weren't registered for the "3d security" feature, which some people have on their credit cards.

Although you may think i'm annoyed at this but i'm really not. They've rang me the second that the order didn't go through everytime and i really believe that this problem will only be temperary as they seem to be working pretty hard at it.

I asked them to send me on the details of how to pay by cheque cause they say that it's an option. Will update as it goes on

Well it's not a scam, but i never ordered with them afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

I placed an order from overclockers.co.uk last month which was sent out to the wrong address. I made the mistake of asking them to re-dispatch it, and the re-dispatch was apparently never placed. Their sales/support staff appeared to be really confused when I spoke with them, and ignored the messages I sent to them via their website. Odd how a previous order I placed two months ago arrived without a hitch. I don't think I could trust them with another order when they gave the impression of being a bunch of muppets who didn't know what they were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 build

Hi, has anyone ordered from amazon.co.uk? I pre-ordered a copy of Windows 7 from them, paid with credit card and they sent me an e-mail with confirmation of my order. I click the Order No. on the e-mail and it takes me to their website but it says "no orders or transactions" on my account. Any record of my order seems to have disappeared, is this normal :eek:?

Normally I would say thats not normal but considering its windows 7 I wouldn't be too worried for the time being, give it a week and if there is still no joy then start barking down the phone at them.

That's what I would do anyway.

build wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone ordered from amazon.co.uk? I pre-ordered a copy of Windows 7 from them, paid with credit card and they sent me an e-mail with confirmation of my order. I click the Order No. on the e-mail and it takes me to their website but it says "no orders or transactions" on my account. Any record of my order seems to have disappeared, is this normal :eek:?

Did you enjoy the other suprise too? Or did you even realise....

Amazon.co.uk charge the Irish rate of vat to irish customers :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

the delivery date for Windows 7 is 26/10/09

TonyM. wrote: »
    the delivery date for Windows 7 is 26/10/09

Did you even read my post? It's not about delivery, it's the fact that I can't find any record of the order I placed in my account. It's like my order was deleted, but I've already paid for it.

@Effluo: It looked cheap to me so I went for it :(. I think it was 85 euro overall, is there any site I can get it cheaper? If they cancelled/deleted my order or something, I'll just buy somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Did you even read my post? It's not about delivery, it's the fact that I can't find any record of the order I placed in my account.

It was not a reply to your question just a comment for other members of the forum this is not a private conversation.

The pre -order price was €79.00 including VAT and delivery for Windows 7 premium.

TonyM. wrote: »
    It was not a reply to your question just a comment for other members of the forum this is not a private conversation.

I didn't see anyone else asking for a delivery date :confused: But whatever, have a good night :)

Damned ebuyer! I have a cpu, ram and media centre remote ordered from them that was supposedly dispatched on the 4th of Sep and it's yet to arrive. The same thing happened with half the last order, the strange thing is the other half of that previous order arrived in one day from the UK as did the order before that which was great. I had to go back and check the site to make sure I didn't mistakenly ask for the superdeduber shipping, and I hadn't just bog standard shipping. But I've been waiting for this package now since Monday expecting it to be here as quick as the other packages.

I've no choice but to wait the maximum 10 days as ebuyer won't even acknowledge your enote until that time has passed if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

I'd say it's not normal, I've recently done the exact same thing at the same site, and my account lists my W7 preorder under Open Orders -> Items Not Yet Dispatched, with an estimated delivery date of 26-30 Oct. I'd contact them asap and sort it out while it's still fairly recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Damned ebuyer! I have a cpu, ram and media centre remote ordered from them that was supposedly dispatched on the 4th of Sep and it's yet to arrive. The same thing happened with half the last order, the strange thing is the other half of that previous order arrived in one day from the UK as did the order before that which was great. I had to go back and check the site to make sure I didn't mistakenly ask for the superdeduber shipping, and I hadn't just bog standard shipping. But I've been waiting for this package now since Monday expecting it to be here as quick as the other packages.

I've no choice but to wait the maximum 10 days as ebuyer won't even acknowledge your enote until that time has passed if at all.

Apparently there is a Royal Mail rolling strike on, where they are doing different parts of the country every day. Charming.

Apparently there is a Royal Mail rolling strike on, where they are doing different parts of the country every day. Charming.
    This will be the 10th working day, if it hasn't arrived today somebody in ebuyer is getting an ear full on Monday morning, I sent off a note letting them know nothing arrived the day it was supposed to be here and got no reply telling me about any strike or whatnot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

This will be the 10th working day, if it hasn't arrived today somebody in ebuyer is getting an ear full on Monday morning, I sent off a note letting them know nothing arrived the day it was supposed to be here and got no reply telling me about any strike or whatnot.

Any update on this? I just bought a new PSU and Xigmatek Cooler from them and it arrived in 4 days.

• Advertisement

Ya got the stuff 3 weeks after ordering, the package got sent back to them and I had to contact them to get it sent again. On the second attempt it got here in 3 days.

Advertisement