Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

I've used overclockers a good few times and only had one incident where I ordered a waterblock and they confirmed my order and then it never arrived with the other goods. I mailed them and they said that they never charged me for it but what p***ed me off was they never told me they were doing that and I ended up doing a build for someone minus the northbridge block.

My worst dealings to date have been with dabs.ie, this involved me getting a router that didn't work, returning it and getting a replacement one that didn't work. It then turned out that the router was not compatible with eircom/bt but they failed to mention it in the product description. I asked for my money back and they said that I had exceeded the 30 day money back warranty. The only reason this had happened was because they issued me with a new one which took 20 days to get from when it was RMA'd. I put a case into small claims and they issued me with the refund eventually.

Komplett have always been reliable however of late they are slow if not just terrible at issuing RMA's. I've had two separate items arrive DOA and it took weeks to get RMA numbers off them.

I'd strongly advise for great customer service and decent enough prices specialtech. The lads there are sound and on numerous occasions have not charged me for delivery on items that I added in late that had to be sent separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Just to reply, I've never had a problem with Komplett.ie. Received my gfx card in under a week and its working fine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I agree with Elexes, there should be a better way to rate hardware retailers on this thread. I've read through the thread, its interesting, although it's hard to keep track of of the plus and minus points of each one. Could there be an ongoing rating system using a poll, and put it on the front of this thread? Something like a combination of Elexes post and the broadband poll on the broadband forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055133826 Maybe re-name the thread to Rate Your Hardware Retailer, it might be good to include high street retailers too, such as Maplin etc ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pixmanias pricing has gotten so good lately. Couldn't believe it when I saw the 4850X2 for 219 euro.

If only their customer service wasn't so god awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I got around 10 components off overclockers.co.uk last week and everything arrived two days later perfectly.

Great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Anyone know of an online store or retailer Im going to be able to walk in and have a selection of decent motherboards. Looking for an Asus Maximus II Formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

How about a Foxconn BlackOps x48 and for less money, almost a bargain that.
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-015-FC&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=1050

Anyone know of an online store or retailer Im going to be able to walk in and have a selection of decent motherboards. Looking for an Asus Maximus II Formula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

I have ordered a lot of things off overclockers.uk because they were cheap and had a good selection but I have had bad experiences!

I had just ordered half the parts I needed for my new gaming pc which came to about 800 euros form them alone and in that order was a creative Fatality headset. After two days I stopped recieving sound from the headset and followed to lead to the back of my pc only to realise it was torn near the jacks. I sent it back RMA style after telling them off the problem and that cost me 12 euros then they send it back to me still broken saying its my faulty when they had already admited it might have been damaged during delivery. The cherry on top is they charged me another 10 euro to open it up and say "DuH1 ! Its broked!" and to have them send it back to me broken.

Bottom line: it cost 40 euros for the headset and nearly the same to deal with OC'ers and I STILL DIDNT HAVE A WORKING HEADSET!

Then another horror story! They sent me a wireless xbox 360 controller for use with a windows pc that includes the crossfire reciever and the reciver didnt work when I got it! I sent it back which COST ME MORE MONEY and then its two weeks later and I dont get anything from them! Gte this: they had it on their computers as an error that they thought they sent it out to me when they really forgot! So 3 weeks later I finally get my ****in controller!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have ordered a lot of things off overclockers.uk because they were cheap and had a good selection but I have had bad experiences!

I had just ordered half the parts I needed for my new gaming pc which came to about 800 euros form them alone and in that order was a creative Fatality headset. After two days I stopped recieving sound from the headset and followed to lead to the back of my pc only to realise it was torn near the jacks. I sent it back RMA style after telling them off the problem and that cost me 12 euros then they send it back to me still broken saying its my faulty when they had already admited it might have been damaged during delivery. The cherry on top is they charged me another 10 euro to open it up and say "DuH1 ! Its broked!" and to have them send it back to me broken.

Bottom line: it cost 40 euros for the headset and nearly the same to deal with OC'ers and I STILL DIDNT HAVE A WORKING HEADSET!

Then another horror story! They sent me a wireless xbox 360 controller for use with a windows pc that includes the crossfire reciever and the reciver didnt work when I got it! I sent it back which COST ME MORE MONEY and then its two weeks later and I dont get anything from them! Gte this: they had it on their computers as an error that they thought they sent it out to me when they really forgot! So 3 weeks later I finally get my ****in controller!

Don't forget that if you raise too RMA's, regardless of how legit they are, or complain about them screwing you around, they'll then refuse to sell to you claiming you've raised too many RMA's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I've stopped using Komplett. Got a couple of dud wireless USB nics that went dead after around a month (felt like they overheated). Komplett were a waste of time to deal with and I'm having to send them back to the manufacturer directly instead. Once bitten, twice shy and all that, cba dealing with them ever again.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Don't forget that if you raise too RMA's, regardless of how legit they are, or complain about them screwing you around, they'll then refuse to sell to you claiming you've raised too many RMA's.

Really? **** then I guess they do sucks ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I've stopped using Komplett. Got a couple of dud wireless USB nics that went dead after around a month (felt like they overheated). Komplett were a waste of time to deal with and I'm having to send them back to the manufacturer directly instead. Once bitten, twice shy and all that, cba dealing with them ever again.

+1 on the Networking side, I've read on alot of other forums about NICS being DOA but the RMA with them is painful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Anybody use laptopsdirect.ie? Prices seem fairly reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Oracle wrote: »
    I agree with Elexes, there should be a better way to rate hardware retailers on this thread. I've read through the thread, its interesting, although it's hard to keep track of of the plus and minus points of each one. Could there be an ongoing rating system using a poll, and put it on the front of this thread? Something like a combination of Elexes post and the broadband poll on the broadband forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055133826 Maybe re-name the thread to Rate Your Hardware Retailer, it might be good to include high street retailers too, such as Maplin etc ......

I think thats a good idea hopefully it will be given a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Komplett have been dreadful for me. You pay uncompetitive prices and still get a poor service. The only positive is their delivery. I had a motherboard that was DOA, applied for RMA sent it back, they sent it back to me and said it was out-of-warranty because it didn't have a serial number. I check the motherboard recently, the serial number is on the back. I've sent various e-mails, no replies.

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

toco123 wrote: »
    Not only is this my second time having a problem paying for my items because they cannot "find my money" but this time when i rang up the customer services and asked politely to speak to someone who spoke english... they simply hung up.:mad::mad:
    This the German company based in Germany? Also, did you pay by bank transfer, yes?
    Lukker- wrote: »
    I personally have had terrible trouble with Komplett with regards to a faulty motherboard which they refuse to replace and basically won't respond to my emails, I'd never recommend them you are getting nothing but an inflated price.
    Have you tried the forum on here? Many people have gotten their issues resolved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Oracle wrote: »

Good idea!!! would be very handy to see retailers rated.

Really? **** then I guess they do sucks ass!

I left a ruthless review about creative headset and overclockers general service and they up and deleted them for no reason other than that they were talking bad about OC'ers, nothing else rude or ffensive in their!

Censoring B*stards!

A good idea, and I'll ask Anti as I'm not sure how to add a poll to a thread this old.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Pixmanias pricing has gotten so good lately. Couldn't believe it when I saw the 4850X2 for 219 euro.

If only their customer service wasn't so god awful...

I got one for 199E just last week. Also got a cooler master storm sniper case and a corsair 750W psu for 470E for the three items inc delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Ordered a case and some fans 2 weeks ago from pix(cooler master 590) ordered on the thursday I think and it all arrived the next wednesday. Going to get a 4890(€190!!) off them along with one more fan.

HWVS however was cheaper for the rest of my build(Mobo, RAM, PSU etc) basically I'm paying €10 more from hwvs for better parts, hopefully everything will go well with them, I'm already worried since BoI took forever posting me out the pin to activate the transfer function to germany..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

dkane wrote: »
    Ankermann

Avoid this crowd. Very very unprofessional and at times down right rude.
    PCs are cheap, but you get what you pay for. Build quality is not terrific, customer service is nonexistent and staff are impossible to deal with.

Took almost 7 weeks to get everything I ordered, was lied to over and over again.

See this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055373287
    for my experience with them

I have to agree. I orderd a pre built pc from them a few years ago. the graphics card was not the model I orderd and it also came loose in transit and this damaged the ram which was not the correct ram either. also the dvd drive did not have write capability. sent a few emails and got a few back nothing aver came of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 build

Hiya this might be a stupid question to ask but I'm gonna ask it anyway. I'm planning to buy some items from hardwareversand but the address layout is confusing me.

15062299.jpg

Let's say my address is:
    12 Hansted Way <-- Street
    Hansted <-- Estate Name
    Lucan <-- Town
    Co. Dublin <-- County

Which boxes do i put those in? :confused: What about the Zip Code? I just wanna make sure all my stuff gets to me :D

One more thing, how long will the delivery take assuming all the items are in stock and the payment has been received by hardwareversand? I wanna make sure I'm at home to receive the delivery :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

overclockers.co.uk still censoring any reviews that might be in any way bad on hardware they sell. Refusing to publish my reviews on the Razor mamba mouse and how ****ing crap it is. Cannot believe the reviews they're publishing for it, clearly most of them are shills from Razor or overclockers themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

Hi another quick question ..
    i have an idea of what i want to get from hardwareversand.
    Price for all the products is €745.15, which includes vat, but not shipping...

so how much can i expect to pay for shipping...how is it worked out?

Thanks
    Damien

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

AFAIK its pretty much a flat rate to Ireland, €30 unless its an extremely bulky item (much bigger than a PC).

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Anyone ever cancel an order from Hardwareversand. Ive been waiting over three weeks for my order and looks like it will be another three. Do they transfer the money back into your account fairly quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

bandit197 wrote: »
    Anyone ever cancel an order from Hardwareversand. Ive been waiting over three weeks for my order and looks like it will be another three. Do they transfer the money back into your account fairly quickly?

Scratch that, got delivery confirmation today!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anyone got any info on Pixmania? Any good? Should i go with them or OC?

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    Anyone got any info on Pixmania? Any good? Should i go with them or OC?

Pixmania: excellent prices, dreadful after sales support. I wouldn't buy high value items there (over 2-300)

Advertisement