Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

TheDoc wrote: »
    Sorry for not wading through the pages here, at some point I will I promise :P

I'm updating my rig in the coming weeks to include the following.

Saphire radeon vaporx 5770 1gb
    Corsair 400 psu ( if i need more please tell me)
    Antec 300 case ( or something similar)

I try avoiding to buy irish as much as possible because usually its high prices for low to mid quality.

I usually99.9% of the time buy of ebay.

Just wanted to ask if there was any worth of looking at any online sotres you recommend?

I've heard of pixmania and although their graphics cards have some nice range and price, they dont do much else im interested in.

Overlockers seem decent, but very pricey : /

Any input would be delish. I kinda wanna get everything boxed off so when the first paycheck lands, im straight in purchasing.

Go for Elara.ie!
    And PSU is a little to weak I think. Just do the math on website (find on google "what PSU I need?") and you'll know what PUS you should get. Or just go here: http://www.antec.outervision.com/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

That thing is kinda broken and Antec voluntarily hosts it in the hope that people using it will be convinced by it into overbuying their PSU :rolleyes: A CX400 is plenty for that build.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Has anyone else had any problems with ebuyer? The last 3 orders I've made with them never made it to me, the first I know about it is when I get the RMA email. This seems to be a more and more regular occurrence with ebuyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

scan.co.uk: Placed an order with them on Tuesday and it arrived on Friday. Everything was well packed and protected. The OEM hard drive was wrapped in about 4 feet of bubble wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

ttcomet wrote: »
    scan.co.uk: Placed an order with them on Tuesday and it arrived on Friday. Everything was well packed and protected. The OEM hard drive was wrapped in about 4 feet of bubble wrap.

+1 Scan. Ordered some stuff from Scan, arrived in a few days in perfect condition. Easy to contact if you have a problem and they always reply promptly. What made me choose them was the wide range of payment options they have. So would highly recommend them.

I haven't had any luck with eBuyer though, tried ordering something a few days ago via Google Checkout with a Wirecard and they cancelled my order. Would have preferred to pay via Paypal but it always fails with them for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knighterrant

hi all i have a old kr7a raid motherboard setup and i need to get a new 20 pin psu for it does anyone now any retailers know and online stores or retail stores around dublin that carry old stock? Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

hi all i have a old kr7a raid motherboard setup and i need to get a new 20 pin psu for it does anyone now any retailers know and online stores or retail stores around dublin that carry old stock? Thanks in advance

Most if not all cheap PSU's with 24Pin motherboard connectors are 20pin + a 4pin so you can use them as 20pin or 24pin. Just get a cheap bargin basement PSU that should do you its not like that board wants 1000Watts or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I placed an order on hardwareversand just now. I forgot that I have to add a beneficiary to Banking 365 Online which will add a few more days to the process.

But where do I add hardwareversand? Is it under money transfer or International money transfer?

I have this information from my order receipt
    [SNIP]
    To add them under international money transfer I need an address for both hardwareversand and the bank. I attempt to fill in what I see on the site but 365 online prompts me that certain fields are invalid, without telling me what kind of data is acceptable in these fields.

Also, what does this mean?
    The sale contract accomplishes with our delivery. If you do not get a delivery confirmation or a delivery within two weeks, you are not bound to your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I placed an order on hardwareversand just now. I forgot that I have to add a beneficiary to Banking 365 Online which will add a few more days to the process.

But where do I add hardwareversand? Is it under money transfer or International money transfer?

I have this information from my order receipt
    [SNIP]
    To add them under international money transfer I need an address for both hardwareversand and the bank. I attempt to fill in what I see on the site but 365 online prompts me that certain fields are invalid, without telling me what kind of data is acceptable in these fields.

Also, what does this mean?
    The sale contract accomplishes with our delivery. If you do not get a delivery confirmation or a delivery within two weeks, you are not bound to your order.

Is it wise to post that info??:confused:

glynf wrote: »
    Is it wise to post that info??:confused:

What, hardwareversands bank details which are already freely available?

I suppose the "Intended purpose" number might be sensitive, but the worst someone could do with that is buy the components for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Arekku

Hi guys. I recently moved to Ireland with my notebook only and I've been looking for a place to buy a desktop gaming computer. Before I moved I used to have all my stuff sent to the post office, which in turn sent a notice to me when my stuff arrived allowing me to pick it up at the post office at the time of my choice. This arrangement suits me very well because I do not have the time nor ability to wait at home for a courier to arrive. However, with the exception of komplett who don't take any of my debit cards, I have not found a single online store that offers this delivery offer, does anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Arekku wrote: »
    Hi guys. I recently moved to Ireland with my notebook only and I've been looking for a place to buy a desktop gaming computer. Before I moved I used to have all my stuff sent to the post office, which in turn sent a notice to me when my stuff arrived allowing me to pick it up at the post office at the time of my choice. This arrangement suits me very well because I do not have the time nor ability to wait at home for a courier to arrive. However, with the exception of komplett who don't take any of my debit cards, I have not found a single online store that offers this delivery offer, does anyone have any suggestions?
    Well the local post office will hold it for you if you go standard post. A big package arrived for me yesterday but I only noticed the collection note after six, I just planned to call in the next day but at nearly 8 o'clock the postman called in saying he was passing by and thought he'd throw it into me now since I probably wouldn't be there again tomorrow.

I live less than 1 minute from the post office.

If you living in a smallish town your post will find you, our postmen actually know the people the package is intended for, none of your fancy postcodes needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

It's not so easy in cities, but still not a complete inconvenience. If I miss a delivery, they'll leave a note through the door saying I can pick it up from the collection point in town (there's only one in Limerick, on the Dock Road) and from what time it will be available there. They'll keep it for a few weeks, I forget how long exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Arekku

ScumLord wrote: »
    Well the local post office will hold it for you if you go standard post. A big package arrived for me yesterday but I only noticed the collection note after six, I just planned to call in the next day but at nearly 8 o'clock the postman called in saying he was passing by and thought he'd throw it into me now since I probably wouldn't be there again tomorrow.

I live less than 1 minute from the post office.

If you living in a smallish town your post will find you, our postmen actually know the people the package is intended for, none of your fancy postcodes needed.

Unfortunately I did not find any e-tailer that did standard post, only courier. By the end I put my working address as the delivery address.

Cheers for the snide remark Solitaire.

But again, it's information already in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Arekku wrote: »
    Unfortunately I did not find any e-tailer that did standard post, only courier. By the end I put my working address as the delivery address.

And yes, that's the best way out.
    I am doing that always too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Is it just me or has google checout diappeared from ebuyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is it just me or has google checout diappeared from ebuyer?

No, It's still there for me?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

... o_o

Still not showing up for me and I found this.
    It's been removed whilst an issue regarding VAT is fixed, if your order has already gone through then they won't be affected.

No time on when it will be available again, but it shouldn't be long.

I hope this is fixed soon. <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

... o_o

Still not showing up for me and I found this.

I hope this is fixed soon. <_<

I've only ever used Google checkout when buying from them & I hope it's not gone for long or for good :eek:

I remember I had to use it originally when I made my first ever purchase from them & I seem to remember I had to do it in order for them to ship to ireland?

Can Irish customers checkout using credit card or PayPay now?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Yeah, me too. Ordered from them last week but had to cancel it because I noticed I selected the wrong PSU. Took an entire week for the refund to clear in the bank. I swear, if I missed out on not having to pay VAT by just a few days I'll scream, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭omri

Hi folks,

I am looking to get my gaming rig and I found all parts I want on scan.co.uk however I cannot register there as it keep on asking for UK post code.

How do I order then ? Phone ? I see you don't complain alot about scan here so I guess it's good place to go for the hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

omri wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am looking to get my gaming rig and I found all parts I want on scan.co.uk however I cannot register there as it keep on asking for UK post code.

How do I order then ? Phone ? I see you don't complain alot about scan here so I guess it's good place to go for the hardware.
    Make sure to change the delivery Area to "Southern Ireland-Other". This will remove the post code box, if you select Dublin it will add the post code box again since some addresses in Dublin have post codes. If you don't just use the "other" selection for the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Did anybody use a credit card with hardwareversand.de and get it to work? I find it a bit strange that they support paypal but yet you cant use a credit card with pay pal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Did anybody use a credit card with hardwareversand.de and get it to work? I find it a bit strange that they support paypal but yet you cant use a credit card with pay pal :rolleyes:

Couldn't you transfer money from you credit card to your paypal account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Burgo wrote: »
    Couldn't you transfer money from you credit card to your paypal account

Asked that in the pay pal forum and they said no :(. I don't want to do a bank transfer directly to them incase they go bust so I may as well do a bank transfer into my pay pal account and then pay for it through pay pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Asked that in the pay pal forum and they said no :(. I don't want to do a bank transfer directly to them incase they go bust so I may as well do a bank transfer into my pay pal account and then pay for it through pay pal.
    You are right in your approach to ensuring your money's safe, but the bank transfers have all gone through fine for me in the past. I can't see them going bust overnight, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

This will sound idiotic guys but....
    I placed an order with hardwareversand and was expecting to have to enter my credit card details at the end of the process.
    The only payment option was something like 'cash or prepayment' so I just continued on.
    At the endit simply said order complete so I went to my email and they have sent me details of their bank accounts.
    Do I transfer the amount into one of these account? How would they know it was me giving them the money?!
    I've probably missed something easy I know but even the the language set to English the website was a mess!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

IIRC its by tracking the invoice number of the transaction. They get money put in it, they're happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Ok, thanks for the reply. I've been trying to make/add them as a payee with ulster bank but it seems a go no.
    Really seems silly they just don't take your credit card details on the website.

Advertisement