Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

Has anyone dealt with cybertech-shop before. The website is only in German but Google Translate works well enough.

I was looking to buy a Synology NAS and this was pretty cheap I think
    http://www.cybertech-shop.de/products/synology-ds414-incl-32tb-4-x-ab-lager-lieferbar-2

I emailed and they say it is €16.90 for shipping. Payment is by Paypal or bank transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Always use paypal for safety. A few people were burned here during the hardwareversand incident as Bank Transfer has not many legal avenues here for refunds other than pressuring the company and/or your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Seems the consensus is that Germany is the best place to buy from, namely Amazon and Mindfactory. Made up a basket of a possible build i wanted and it came to roughly €1550 on both sites after shipping. Made a basket on Newegg of the same items and it came to €1380 after shipping. Am i missing something here? How come Germany is more recommended than the US retailers?

And yes, i did have my region on Newegg set to Ireland (€)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

If you are based outside the US, did you factor in customs charges?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Seems the consensus is that Germany is the best place to buy from, namely Amazon and Mindfactory. Made up a basket of a possible build i wanted and it came to roughly €1550 on both sites after shipping. Made a basket on Newegg of the same items and it came to €1380 after shipping. Am i missing something here? How come Germany is more recommended than the US retailers?

And yes, i did have my region on Newegg set to Ireland (€)

Add 23% for tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh **** lads €1752. Thanks for the help :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not to mention customs charges as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Anyone spotted anywhere still selling a Intel Xeon E3-1225V3 CPU? Wanted for a Dell T20.

I've been through almost the whole of the supplier list linked to in the FAQ and best I can come up with is that http://www.mindfactory.de/ should be able to order them (Ohne Liefertermin) but I'm not really sure about dealing with them over something they don't have in stock. Anyone know what they are like to deal with for stuff that is Ohne Liefertermin?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

my3cents wrote: »
    Anyone spotted anywhere still selling a Intel Xeon E3-1225V3 CPU? Wanted for a Dell T20.

I've been through almost the whole of the supplier list linked to in the FAQ and best I can come up with is that http://www.mindfactory.de/ should be able to order them (Ohne Liefertermin) but I'm not really sure about dealing with them over something they don't have in stock. Anyone know what they are like to deal with for stuff that is Ohne Liefertermin?

Xeon E3-1226V3 should work, same socket/TDP

If the machine has a dedicated GPU, I'd even suggest an upgrade to Xeon E3-1230 v3 / E3-1231 v3.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Xeon E3-1226V3 should work, same socket/TDP

If the machine has a dedicated GPU, I'd even suggest an upgrade to Xeon E3-1230 v3 / E3-1231 v3.

Thnks but the chip has the GPU (the E3-12x5v3) and from what I have read if you don't have a GPU on the chip then the motherboard is a bit fussy and requires a PCI 3 graphics card. As the system is going to be headless that just adds to the cost.

The Xeon E3-1226V3 looks a possible but I'm still looking for somewhere if possible where I don't need to use google translations.

ebay looks like my best bet but they aren't as cheap as chips.

btw already have unbuffered ECC memory so changing to an i5 or i7 would mean changing the memory.

I've paddled myself up a creek and am looking to paddle back out at the least cost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

Has anyone used Alzashop? prices seem good compared to Amazon.

Thnks but the chip has the GPU (the E3-12x5v3) and from what I have read if you don't have a GPU on the chip then the motherboard is a bit fussy and requires a PCI 3 graphics card. As the system is going to be headless that just adds to the cost.

The Xeon E3-1226V3 looks a possible but I'm still looking for somewhere if possible where I don't need to use google translations.

ebay looks like my best bet but they aren't as cheap as chips.

btw already have unbuffered ECC memory so changing to an i5 or i7 would mean changing the memory.

I've paddled myself up a creek and am looking to paddle back out at the least cost :)
    Xeon E3-1226v3 is available on Alternate (UK)
    https://www.alternate.co.uk/Intel(R)/Xeon(R)-Prozessor-E3-1226V3-Processor/html/product/1129071?campaign=1150/Intel%C2%AE/1129071

*edit*
    Forgot to link to Intel Ark - E3-1226v3 is the same as E3-1225v3, just 0.1GHz faster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Anyone spotted anywhere still selling a Intel Xeon E3-1225V3 CPU? Wanted for a Dell T20...

here?

Xeon E3-1226v3 is available on Alternate (UK)
    https://www.alternate.co.uk/Intel(R)/Xeon(R)-Prozessor-E3-1226V3-Processor/html/product/1129071?campaign=1150/Intel%C2%AE/1129071

*edit*
    Forgot to link to Intel Ark - E3-1226v3 is the same as E3-1225v3, just 0.1GHz faster

Thanks, I'd looked at all the references and came to the same conclusion but for some reason no one else seems to have reported trying it.

I even still have the tab open for your Alternate link from when I was looking last night. Its a definite possible in fact its a toss up now between the Alternate E3-1226V3 and a supposedly new E3-1225V3 on ebay at a very similar price.

I want to buy a custom build gaming PC. It has to be through an Irish retailer. I realise it would be cheaper to build it myself but that is not an option.
    Budget is €1500 and that includes monitor. Can you recommend any online Irish retailers who have reasonable prices that you have experience with?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

I want to buy a custom build gaming PC. It has to be through an Irish retailer. I realise it would be cheaper to build it myself but that is not an option.
    Budget is €1500 and that includes monitor. Can you recommend any online Irish retailers who have reasonable prices that you have experience with?

Derek, just watch and follow what this guy does. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpbMlXTsEWE

Get the parts yourself and build it yourself. Its like lego. He even has videos on how to set up windows and name drives etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Could you perhaps buy the parts Irish and build?

I could be wrong but I think Elara is your only option, iirc komplett shut their Irish side down, as did dabs/bt

Could you perhaps buy the parts Irish and build?

I could be wrong but I think Elara is your only option, iirc komplett shut their Irish side down, as did dabs/bt

I could build but in order to put it through as a business expense, I need to be invoiced for a completed build, not a load of parts. I did see a couple of sites that let you fully customise a desktop. www.dragonflair.com or www.custompc.ie. I just don't know anything about those retailers and whether they are charging over the top.

Elara:
    i5-7400, GTX1060 3Gb - €1145
    i5-6400, GTX1060 3Gb, 256Gb SSD - €1258
    i5-6400, RX480 4Gb, 128Gb SSD - €1100

The €1100 machine is the best-value one IMHO

Dell:
    XPS Tower - i7-6700, 256Gb SSD, GTX 1070 - €1369
    A huge step above those machines in terms of performance.

• Advertisement

Elara:
    i5-7400, GTX1060 3Gb - €1145
    i5-6400, GTX1060 3Gb, 256Gb SSD - €1258
    i5-6400, RX480 4Gb, 128Gb SSD - €1100

The €1100 machine is the best-value one IMHO

Dell:
    XPS Tower - i7-6700, 256Gb SSD, GTX 1070 - €1369
    A huge step above those machines in terms of performance.

The Dell one looks very good plus I can get an extra 10% off the desktop and 25% off a monitor, so would be within budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

The Dell one looks very good plus I can get an extra 10% off the desktop and 25% off a monitor, so would be within budget.

You are going to pay seriously over the odds for a pre-build. Are you sure you can't put it through as an expense in parts? I remember building a system for a mate a [good] few years ago, when he bought the parts on expense, and I put it together for him.....

Shougeki wrote: »
    You are going to pay seriously over the odds for a pre-build. Are you sure you can't put it through as an expense in parts? I remember building a system for a mate a [good] few years ago, when he bought the parts on expense, and I put it together for him.....
    To be fair, with the 10% discount it would be the same price as a self build.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

To be fair, with the 10% discount it would be the same price as a self build.

TBH I completely disagreed with you, then went to partpicker and created a system with some pretty basic parts, and without OS [cheap from reddit], Case [as they are generally expensive to ship], and peripherals it was about 150quid cheaper when you take into account the 10% reduction. So you are right, about the same.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭Inviere

Anything to be aware of when ordering from Mindfactory for the first time? They've very good prices on two cpu's that I'm looking at...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Inviere wrote:
    Anything to be aware of when ordering from Mindfactory for the first time? They've very good prices on two cpu's that I'm looking at...

The shipping is 30 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭Inviere

superg wrote: »
    The shipping is 30 quid.

Frak, that almost negates the savings. Suppose the best thing to do is wait, and order a bunch of parts together. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've done this before, but major shout-out to Nanoxia.

I ordered a Deep Silence 1 from them a few years back. The retailer shipped me wrong colour. I emailed Nanoxia and there was another door (only thing that was different) in the post the same day. As it turns out it was also the wrong colour, so they sent me another one. So I had all three to choose from, and they didn't want any back.

I emailed them the other day looking for extra HDD cages. The only retailer they had in Europe for them were out of stock, but the guy checked, and Nanoxia happened to have a few, so they happily sent me a couple for very little money.

They make good stuff - not the best - but their customer service is seriously the best I've ever experienced, including Amazon and EVGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Seem to be dragging this thread up but it's the best place for my query.

Has anyone had any dealings with it-supplier.co.uk? They seem to have good reviews on PriceSpy but I'm not sure how legit that makes them.

Monitor I'm looking to buy is £50 or so cheaper from them.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Howdy! Has anyone used Ebuyer recently via Parcel Motel? There's something at the back of my mind saying one of the UK etailers won't deliver to PM.

Advertisement