Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Between crypto miners, scalpers, brexit and covid, theres never been a worse time to build a new PC in Ireland then right now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

J0hnick wrote: »
    Between crypto miners, scalpers, brexit and covid, theres never been a worse time to build a new PC in the world then right now

Fixed that for you.

My son just got all his parts bar the graphics card and drives over the last 2 weeks from Amazon.de. said he will use the 1060, 500gb SSD off his old machine til March when new graphics cards are out and they are not bought up instantly by bots. He got case from caseking.de. total shipping cost was €12 and the total order came to €855 so didn't mind the shipping and everything arrived a couple of days earlier than predicted.
    Prices were not much different to what my older son paid to build his one last September. Now I just have to replace the 15yr old desktop their mother uses to order the shopping and keep photos (which are synced to MS OneDrive account).
    Oh and the biggest lesson we learned from the build last September....... Get a good quality magnetic screwdriver set. Was first item delivered this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

caseking.de? Pricing seems reasonable considering...may order from them, anything I should look out for?

There shouldn't be any charges/tax/customs surely yeah? looking at a 800 order so don't want any surprises pretty sure there should be none but wanted to ask regradless

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

laneooo wrote: »
    caseking.de? Pricing seems reasonable considering...may order from them, anything I should look out for?

There shouldn't be any charges/tax/customs surely yeah? looking at a 800 order so don't want any surprises pretty sure there should be none but wanted to ask regradless
    No extra charges if you order from caseking.de i just got an order from them the other day..only downside for me was there packing material was poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ConorSammon

Do you pay extra customs if you buy from Max Burns?
    Also if you order multiple items from them at the same time, do the shipping fees stack. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    No extra charges if you order from caseking.de i just got an order from them the other day..only downside for me was there packing material was poor

Thank you for the quick reply ghost, I'm gonna order from them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

laneooo wrote: »
    Thank you for the quick reply ghost, I'm gonna order from them then.
    They use DHL for delivery from germany who in turn hand it off to AN POST for delivery here...it took about a week to get my order so just a heads up..dont be expecting amazon prime delivery times lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

Looking to get some Artic P12 PWM PST fans, seem to mostly out of stock everywhere. Any of you used the following site before?

https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/arctic-p12-pwm-pst-co-acfan00121a-120mm-schwarz

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

xtal191 wrote: »
    Looking to get some Artic P12 PWM PST fans, seem to mostly out of stock everywhere. Any of you used the following site before?

https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/arctic-p12-pwm-pst-co-acfan00121a-120mm-schwarz

14 euro shipping :(

edit: White ones cheaper on Amazon: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07GJG285F/ref=crt_ewc_img_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

xtal191 wrote: »

I was just reading a thread this morning on linustechtips about someone having a ****ty experience with them which put me off using them.
    Something about the held their money for 3 months, didn't deliver the part, then afterwards cancelled the order and jacked up the price by 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I ordered those white ones after your kind advice thread yesterday asking for help on case fans and CPU noise.

Ordered 4, two in my name and 2 in my wife's to keep below the 22 limit overall.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

elbyrneo wrote: »
    I ordered those white ones after your kind advice thread yesterday asking for help on case fans and CPU noise.

Ordered 4, two in my name and 2 in my wife's to keep below the 22 limit overall.

Thanks again!

22 limit for Amazon.de?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

elbyrneo wrote: »

Thanks again!

What 22 limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Orders below that amount aren't subject to import taxes.

I've been doing the same: Ordering stuff in batches of <€22. Amazon usually stick them all in the same box for shipping anyway, so the only change is a bit of extra hassle moving stuff in and out of the basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

Serephucus wrote: »
    Orders below that amount aren't subject to import taxes.

I've been doing the same: Ordering stuff in batches of <€22. Amazon usually stick them all in the same box for shipping anyway, so the only change is a bit of extra hassle moving stuff in and out of the basket.

Since when is Germany outside of European Union? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well this is interesting, I ordered a Fractal Meshify S2 case off Amazon DE on Jan 31st but it was out of stock, got a notification yesterday its being shipped from a UK facility.

Is it true that overclockers dont have any extra import/tax fees when delivering to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue start thinking about building a PC.

Got into SIM Racing massively during the last year and the console is not cutting the mustard for me anymore.

Are things really that bad in terms of availability and shipping?

Seems like I won't be able to purchase anything decent until the end of this year at the earliest.

Is it true that overclockers dont have any extra import/tax fees when delivering to Ireland?

Don't think they are shipping here at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They aren’t.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue start thinking about building a PC.

Got into SIM Racing massively during the last year and the console is not cutting the mustard for me anymore.

Are things really that bad in terms of availability and shipping?

Seems like I won't be able to purchase anything decent until the end of this year at the earliest.

My son just built a new gaming PC. He got all the parts from Amazon.de and caseking.de. He had to reuse his GTX 1060 from his old PC as there are none available to buy at the moment. You have to pay for shipping but if you bundle everything together in the order you just pay once for shipping, even though most things came separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

My son just built a new gaming PC. He got all the parts from Amazon.de and caseking.de. He had to reuse his GTX 1060 from his old PC as there are none available to buy at the moment. You have to pay for shipping but if you bundle everything together in the order you just pay once for shipping, even though most things came separately.

I'm literally starting from scratcheroo. Last time I built a PC was 15 years ago.

Thanks for the response though.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Coyler

FYI, mailboxde.com is back allowing registration after blocking it due to a surge of new users. Haven't used it myself yet but it comes highly recommended. They offer a consolidation service, for a one off fee or annual charge, so if you find a few deals in other German sites it would help greatly. Mindfactory has some really good prices, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Damn and I just used Address Pal to get something from the US when it was availablle from Germany but they didn't ship to Ireland or UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Just did a build with majority from Amazon DE and few bits from Amazon UK. Note that availability and price fluctuates daily so don't hang around as you may miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

At least it looks like Amazon UK are stabilising now and back to deliveries within a couple of days, now all the need is to sort out the stock issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Shlippery wrote: »
    At least it looks like Amazon UK are stabilising now and back to deliveries within a couple of days, now all the need is to sort out the stock issues.

Yup, I ordered stuff on Thursday and it arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Cancelled the order from HyperX's official site and went with amazon US. After running the numbers it turns out it's pretty much the same price if I used a 3rd party delivery service. Only downside is it's going to take ages to get here... about 2 weeks. But at least it's coming directly to me, completely paid through amazon and I can avail of their returns if something goes wrong.

It's mad that HyperX have these in stock for a lot of the EU and US but not Ireland or UK. Like sure just make 99% of your advertising in English and with euros but don't ship to the only English speaking country to use euros...

• Advertisement

Any sites in Europe stocking the 1660 or 1660 super and not at ridiculous prices? Dont mind paying within 150 of the mrsp

Advertisement