Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

the inconsistencies thread [spoilers]

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

"we've never left anyone behind"

more that one handful i can think of

if the aincents had that funny little cube that regenerated body tissue how come they grew old and died:confused:

plus male pattern baldness

• Registered Users Posts: 81,526 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you mean the Zombie Cube? ;)

One False Step, season 2. a UAV crashes and oneill moans about a 10 mile hike (6 hrs) to get it.

I got nothing against the timing but it got me to thinking, why dont they use quads? motorcycles?

how about the snakes actually using their advanced sensors while the fricken tauri are typing in their iris codes. unless i'm missing something here but if they scan the em spectrum shouldnt they be able to detect the code while its being transmited and recreate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

This one bothered me for awhile.

In Stargate Atlantis, Episode 2x13 Critical Mass The zpm power failsafe was removed(Caldwell) and McKay says the zpm overload could take out the entire planet.

Now Episode 3x05 Progeny The Azurans, They destory there version of atlantis by overloading three zpms, The explosion is tiny in comparison and looked less then a nuke.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

well it showed the start of an explosion or whatever, maybe it would get bigger :P
    it looked rather bright in the sky!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

somuj wrote: »
    how about the snakes actually using their advanced sensors while the fricken tauri are typing in their iris codes. unless i'm missing something here but if they scan the em spectrum shouldnt they be able to detect the code while its being transmited and recreate it

I presume so code changes on each mission so scanning for would would be pointless as once its use its no doubt locked out.

I heart old thread
    I presume so code changes on each mission so scanning for would would be pointless as once its use its no doubt locked out.
    If my garage door opener can do it, so can the SGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Funnily enough I was watching the end episodes of season 1 SG-1 today and one thing kinda annoyed me.
    Daniel Jackson gets shot and gets himself into the Sarcophacis (bad spelling). When he gets out he's healed and his clothes are no longer ripped. :mad: Just silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

GSPfan wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was watching the end episodes of season 1 SG-1 today and one thing kinda annoyed me.
    Daniel Jackson gets shot and gets himself into the Sarcophacis (bad spelling). When he gets out he's healed and his clothes are no longer ripped. :mad: Just silly.
    If the clothes were organic there's no reason why it couldn't heal them too, it could bring people back to life, so it should also have been able to revitalise the cells in the clothes, at least enough to fix the hole.

Johnmb wrote: »
    If the clothes were organic there's no reason why it couldn't heal them too, it could bring people back to life, so it should also have been able to revitalise the cells in the clothes, at least enough to fix the hole.

FOOK OFF!

Actually there was a study out just today where some MIT professor was doing something similar. He got a new car with keyless entry and he set about hacking it by using a repeater of sorts. Hasn't there also been times when people were away for too long and they were still let back in? In those cases the iris codes would have expired.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

why do ZPMS discharge so easily? like 3 can last 10000 years under the sea but jeez, route a bit of extra power and bam one will fail

FOOK OFF!
    Well if you're going to complain about the inconsistency related to that piece of equipment, then mentioning that a device that can bring the dead back to life shouldn't be able to repair a hole in some cloth is just daft. The major inconsistencies related to it that I can think of are:
    1) A whole episode was dedicated to pointing out how its use destroyed your humanity (relating to Jackson), yet during the episode when O'Neill was constantly tortured to death and brought back with one, there is no such side effect.
    2) Having defeated the Goa'uld, no mention of a sarcophagus is made again that I can remember, by either the SGC or the Jaffa. Something that could bring the dead back to life, and nobody bothered to retrieve any after the fall of the Goa'uld? Not even Baal? It would have been handy to have during normal times, but during the war with the Ori it could have been a difference maker.

You think that the sarcophagus can heal cloth. Even in a world of Aliens and advanced technology that is crazy talk.

I would have much preferred he came out of the sarcophagus with a nice ripped shirt. I can accept the human body healing itself with the help of the sarcophagus. I cannot accept that cloth healed itself. lol.

Anyway..... I think they got rid of the sarcophagus quite rightly. It would have become pathetic if they had one at the SGC. They made a few decisions in the first season that they had to live with for a while. ZAT guns disintegrating things, sarcophagus's, Teal'cs eye liner. :)

You think that the sarcophagus can heal cloth. Even in a world of Aliens and advanced technology that is crazy talk.

I would have much preferred he came out of the sarcophagus with a nice ripped shirt. I can accept the human body healing itself with the help of the sarcophagus. I cannot accept that cloth healed itself. lol.
    No, I think the wardrobe guy made a mistake. But it still isn't an inconsistency, unless you show another instance as to someone leaving it and still have holes in their shirt, even then there are lots of explanations possible for a "no" prize. It is quite silly though that you can accept a device can raise the dead, but it fixing a hole in a shirt is just too far fetched for you! :rolleyes:
    Anyway..... I think they got rid of the sarcophagus quite rightly. It would have become pathetic if they had one at the SGC. They made a few decisions in the first season that they had to live with for a while. ZAT guns disintegrating things, sarcophagus's, Teal'cs eye liner. :)
    I don't think they should have one, but I do think they should have given a reason for not having one.

Another inconsistency with it: All the times Jackson used it, yet it never fixed his eyes, he was still using glasses/contacts up until the end if I remember correctly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Another inconsistency with it: All the times Jackson used it, yet it never fixed his eyes, he was still using glasses/contacts up until the end if I remember correctly.

I think the one where he used it loads and became an asshole it actually did fix his eyesight but only temporarily. He had to keep using it for it to work. I could be wrong though it's been years since I seen that episode.

I think the one where he used it loads and became an asshole it actually did fix his eyesight but only temporarily. He had to keep using it for it to work. I could be wrong though it's been years since I seen that episode.
    Ah, well if that's the case then it's not an inconsistency so. In fact, now that you say it, I think it did fix his eyes during that episode....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

1) A whole episode was dedicated to pointing out how its use destroyed your humanity (relating to Jackson), yet during the episode when O'Neill was constantly tortured to death and brought back with one, there is no such side effect.

yeah it was said that if you use the sarcophagus when perfectly healthy it can destroy your humanity, which is what daniel done,

wheras jack was constantly being killed, so the sarcophagus brought him back from the dead each time, only to a certain level of health, he never used it when he was healthy,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ronanc1

Funnily enough i flicked on sky and that ep was on today :D

They are going on about a team jumping several galaxies in season 2, that's just not cricket.

Advertisement