Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historic Dublin Pictures & Videos Thread

Options
1575859606163»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rashers wrote: »
    I don't know how to upload photos since Photobucket changed things. But you may find what you are looking for HERE

Best of luck

It would appear they have already posted there, either that or another resident of the same flat did.

The Duchas image collection and the Dublin City Libraries site would be the first two places I'd recommend digging./

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Does any have, or know if photis of the Markievicz Baths when they were first opened from the outside?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Bumping an old thread but have a cool pic of my granddad and his brother.

qqaQ3Kw.jpg

Is it just me or is an extremely handsome fella? I love the girls face in the back, I think there used to be photographers or something around the city who would take random pics of passers by and then sell them.

Edit: Thank you Mr. Arthur Field for this picture. What a great role he played in capturing the lives of people in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

An extremely handsome fella it must be said. I love the girls face in the back, I think there used to be photographers or something around the city who would take random pics of passers by and then sell them.

He was Arthur Field, the man on O'Connell Bridge..

http://www.manonbridge.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

that's unreal. Think I've heard about him before now that you said his name. something so enchanting about it. I have raglan road, marino walz and rare auld times and just weeping.Strange longing for Dubliners I never even knew. Maybe it's what they represent :) They are all part of our collective past as Dubs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement