Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the best Psychic you know

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sas1980

Gumbi wrote: »
    "a baby has come into your life" How can you take that seriously? He threw out a really general comment, and you filled the blanks for him. It could have easily been you who was pregnant, a friend, a neighbour, so many options.

Totally agree, as i said except for the beginning of the reading where he was quite specific and v accurate (i had not opened my mouth at that point) his reading was general, hitting on some points but also totally inaccurate on one. Jury is out. I ddefinitely did not get a great reading that other posters experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Has anyone here ever tried recording a session and playing it back afterwards?

It's a great way to identify if the psychic is real or just using cold reading tricks to fool you.

I've always done that - it's a no-brainer really, unless the reader records it for you.

That being said, my cousin went to see Len in Limerick a while back and the reading was recorded for her, but she said in hindsight - listening back to the tape - that it was all very generalised stuff that could be said to anyone.

But, good/genuine reading or not, having it recorded is highly recommended and always useful for future reference.

BTW, I just want to let people know that I've now created a web page featuring a little supplementary directory of frequently-requested psychics' numbers that people can't find elsewhere.

I did this because the psychics directory over on paranormal.ie isn't being updated.

New adjunct site: http://psychicsdirectoryireland.weebly.com/

The psychics (and their contact details) listed there so far include:

• Gina in Mountmellick.
    • Maria in Cobh.
    • Billy Martin (I've been informed that he has a NEW number now, so that's why he's included there).

I'll add more otherwise-unattainable psychics' numbers, if I can get hold of them, as time goes on. Anyone with a psychic's number is welcome to PM me with it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 caoimhinog

Hi , anyone been to Ann Jensen in Kilcoole? I hear good stuff about & would like to find out a bit more. Thanks
    I have been seeing Ann Jensen in Kilcoole for the past 16 years. She is very accurate although she does get timing wrong from time to time. The substance of what she says is correct. She has been extremely accurate about my career, my divorce, my remarriage, my child's education and much more besides.

Like I said, I have been going for 16 years to her. So I don't think she is accurate, I know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 countygilr

Also, does anyone have any positive experience to relate about Dolores in Athleague or the woman in Boyle and a contact numbers for them if so?

Thanks a mil.[/QUOTE]

I have Dolores' number and went to see her and was very happy. PM for number or if you want more info.[/Quote]

Hi I was thinking of going to dolores . Is she a medium cud u pm me her number thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 teacher711

Just wondering if anyone has been to Stefan recently? Thinking of going to see him but all reviews about him seem to be quite old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karen83

i wouldnt rate him at all.... at a psychic fair i saw a huge queue for stefan so i knew i wouldnt get to see him. took his card and had him out to the house for a girly night. he spent the first 40 mins in the house talking nonsense and when he finally got down to setting up for the readings i was first in. he told me absolutely nothing at all asked me wat career i would like to be in then spent the next 30 mins talking about different colleges etc i could go to.... i didnt say anything to the others as wanted to see what their opinion was and when the third persons reading was finished she refused to pay him the 60 euro fee as he had told her nothing also. i would not use him again he made 300 euro that night for absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karen83

i wouldnt rate him at all.... at a psychic fair i saw a huge queue for stefan so i knew i wouldnt get to see him. took his card and had him out to the house for a girly night. he spent the first 40 mins in the house talking nonsense and when he finally got down to setting up for the readings i was first in. he told me absolutely nothing at all asked me wat career i would like to be in then spent the next 30 mins talking about different colleges etc i could go to.... i didnt say anything to the others as wanted to see what their opinion was and when the third persons reading was finished she refused to pay him the 60 euro fee as he had told her nothing also. i would not use him again he made 300 euro that night for absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

karen83 wrote: »

Pretty much every "psychic" does this - psychological trickery, cold-reading, vague information, throwing out bits of information for the listener to latch onto and working from there, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bipedalhumanoid

Pretty much every "psychic" does this - psychological trickery, cold-reading, vague information, throwing out bits of information for the listener to latch onto and working from there, etc etc

Exactly. Magicians/Mentalists have been doing it for a very long time. If people who freely admit they are using trickery can do this, what possible reason does anyone have to think a self proclaimed psychic isn't using trickery?

If anyone could actually prove they were psychic under test conditions, one of them would have taken James Randi's million dollars by now.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Exactly. Magicians/Mentalists have been doing it for a very long time. If people who freely admit they are using trickery can do this, what possible reason does anyone have to think a self proclaimed psychic isn't using trickery?

If anyone could actually prove they were psychic under test conditions, one of them would have taken James Randi's million dollars by now.
    This kind of comment in the middle of a thread on the discussion of psychics in particular, not generally, is considered thread spoiling. There is a place for such discussion but it is not here.

Please have a read of the charter so you are familiar with how things work here. Thanks.

And please, please do not invoke that "James Randi Law" again. Its just plain lazy argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anne finnegan

stefan de gillian, is amazing, God bless his work:)
    dotcom13 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I've just had a Psychic/Medium reading and it was terrible. I thought I had done my research and picked a good one, but obviously not!

There are a few psychics I've heard about, in the Midland/Dublin area, could you give them a rating and we'll see who comes in best?

Based on what you know about them could you award >
    3 pts for past info - 3pts for present info - 3pts for future info = max points 9 :)
    • Billy Martin
      Mullingar Co West Meath-- Pts
    • Stefan de Gillian ----Mullingar Co WestMeath---Pts
    • Mother & Daughter -Temple bar Dublin
      Pts
    • Fiona Faery
      Ashbourne CO Meath
      Pts
    • Gareth Keogh
      Kells Co Meath
      pts
    • White Witch
      Clones Co Monaghan
      pts
    Any info greatfully accepted :)

stefan de gillian, is amazing, God bless his work

de gillian is mind blowing, could not fault him in anyway. your blessed to get a reading from this man:)

its not about prove it, the spirit world dont prove things, if its meant for you it wont past you bye. not saying there is soon who ausing trckery but there is a lot that just have a gift. no different than priest,counsellor, teacher, leaders, there is good and bad in everything.isnt that the lesson of live.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 slick31

stefan de gillian, is amazing, God bless his work
    de gillian is mind blowing, could not fault him in anyway. your blessed to get a reading from this man:)

So good you needed to say it twice? Does he have a waiting list? Where is he based? Can you please message me with his #?
    Slick;)

is phone no. is >snip<, he is base in Mullingar. I went to weeks ago and found him brillant. wouldnt bull **** about something like that, when so many people need help.

its not about prove it, the spirit world dont prove things, if its meant for you it wont past you bye. not saying there is soon who ausing trckery but there is a lot that just have a gift. no different than priest,counsellor, teacher, leaders, there is good and bad in everything.isnt that the lesson of live.

Well isn't that convenient/unfalsfiable/a cop-out.

Without valid evidence that it works you have no valid reason to think it works. What you've described is called "wishful thinking" and it's a very poor basis for a belief that costs you money.

Oryx wrote: »
    This kind of comment in the middle of a thread on the discussion of psychics in particular, not generally, is considered thread spoiling. There is a place for such discussion but it is not here.

Please have a read of the charter so you are familiar with how things work here. Thanks.

If cowardly protecting sacred ideas from mild criticism is how this forum operates then so be it.
    Oryx wrote: »
    And please, please do not invoke that "James Randi Law" again. Its just plain lazy argument.

The irony and hypocrisy of this argument is astounding.

If cowardly protecting sacred ideas from mild criticism is how this forum operates then so be it.

The irony and hypocrisy of this argument is astounding.

bigpedalhumanoid banned from the forum for one week to allow him/her to come to terms with how the forum works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I wonder does he realise the skeptics forum is close by........?

Anyway off I go to see Gareth Keoghan real soon I hope. Its been 16 months since my first reading with him. I'm going to ring him tomorrow, hope to get one soon. Would ideally have loved it for the start of October but probably a bit late now.

Reading through this thread a while ago, It's astounding that the majority of posters who are very critical of readers seem to have 2 or 3 posts only! Would make you wonder about the validity of them.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emilyjones

I went to see Marjorie in Clondalkin yesterday, I'm well impressed with the things she told me about the past. She didnt say much about the future, everything is depending on how I act and perform etc. So she couldnt really say for sure this and that is going to happen in the future but more like if you manage to do blabla...blabla would happen. If you know what I mean. The only thing that was certain was that my dad would have a heart attach in a year or so and that I would get cancer if I didnt get regular check ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kizzababe

lukesmom wrote: »

Anyway off I go to see Gareth Keoghan real soon I hope. Its been 16 months since my first reading with him. I'm going to ring him tomorrow, hope to get one soon. Would ideally have loved it for the start of October but probably a bit late now.

Reading through this thread a while ago, It's astounding that the majority of posters who are very critical of readers seem to have 2 or 3 posts only! Would make you wonder about the validity of them.;)

Hi lukesmom
    Just wondering did you get through to Gareth I've been trying to get through and I can't. I've been to him few years ago and thought he was the best that I've been to!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sceptic but open minded

Hi,
    I have been reading all the posts on the various psychics/mediums about who is considered good/not good, in the hope of finding feedback on one who would be best suited to my need, but I still need a bit of help... I am sceptical about psychics/mediums, and yet still feel drawn to seeing a medium in relation to someone who passed away. Maybe its a coping mechanism, I don't know, as i am normally a very logical, practical level headed person. I suppose what I am looking for is someone who has consistent positive feedback...I have had suggestions about this medium and that one but no one name keeps coming up...If anyone can give information that would help me to decide who, if anyone, I should try, I would appreciate it. Not having been to a medium before I would like to go and come away having had a positive experience. I live on the munster/leinster border. thanks :confused:

Kizzababe wrote: »
    lukesmom wrote: »

Hi lukesmom
    Just wondering did you get through to Gareth I've been trying to get through and I can't. I've been to him few years ago and thought he was the best that I've been to!
    Thanks

Hi kizzababe I sent him s text on Friday but have had no reply from him :(

Hi,
    I have been reading all the posts on the various psychics/mediums about who is considered good/not good, in the hope of finding feedback on one who would be best suited to my need, but I still need a bit of help... I am sceptical about psychics/mediums, and yet still feel drawn to seeing a medium in relation to someone who passed away. Maybe its a coping mechanism, I don't know, as i am normally a very logical, practical level headed person. I suppose what I am looking for is someone who has consistent positive feedback...I have had suggestions about this medium and that one but no one name keeps coming up...If anyone can give information that would help me to decide who, if anyone, I should try, I would appreciate it. Not having been to a medium before I would like to go and come away having had a positive experience. I live on the munster/leinster border. thanks :confused:

Hi sceptic but open minded. Tbh, the only people I would recommend would be Dympna Hughes in Walkinstown (very long waiting list though - apparently it can be up to a year now), and Billy Martin in Mullingar. When I saw Dympna before, she was able to describe my nan and provide specific details about her and, near the end of the reading, she mentioned someone I knew who had only passed away not too long before that. She was also able to describe that person very well, detailing what life had been like for them before they died, how they died, and their personality. I have to say it hit a nerve..

RE: what you said about wanting to see a medium as being a bit of a coping mechanism - I just think that sometimes people get some comfort from info from someone who may be able to see the bigger picture. Most people have moments of doubt and need to have further light shed on something to hopefully give them a bit of hope. I'm not saying that seeing a medium is a 'cure-all' and the first go-to option in situations like this, but even just talking discreetly about something to a complete stranger can be helpful.

Most people go to Billy Martin for generic fortune-telling but it seems he has mediumship ability as well because many people have spoken of him mentioning deceased relatives and friends of theirs in the course of the reading. He might be your best bet if you can't be bothered waiting a year to see Dympna Hughes. At €30, he's a hell of a lot cheaper than her (she charges €80 - mad, I know) as well.

When I saw him, he didn't mention anything about any deceased people I know/knew, but it obviously depends on the individual and what he picks up that seems pertinent at the time. I mean, I hadn't lost anyone close to me around then.

I've also heard good things recently about a guy named Michael Anthony, who's a medium and is based in Wexford (I think he travels around a lot though). His contact details are on this page.

You can find Dympna's number here (scroll down list), and Billy Martin's new number is here.

Good luck with it and let us know how it went for you (good or bad).

Got a reading booked with Gareth have to wait a month though do well worth it. Haven't seen him in over a year and I'm so looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

do ye watch pyschic detective on tv, it is very good, and they are brilliant at what the do, it is on sky
    i do wonder would they bring one on to the maddie case or this case at the moment where little april is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Suipr

Hi,

Have you tried google for Mediums? Many now have websites with testimonials from their clients. As with most things word of mouth recommendations from real clients is the best way to get to the good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 caseyf

Mr Mojo Thats brilliant information! I went to billy martin years ago and he was deadly accurate, it was 10 years ago infact and im back in ireland in november and would love to go, do you know off hand what the procedure for appointments is? do we still have to contact the yukon bar or can he be called directly on that number?

Advertisement