Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Open 2008 June 12th-15th - Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭RockRory

BLAZIN ACE wrote: »
    There is 2 more sats been held in Blazing Aces. The 1st is on next Thursday 5th June and then on wednesday the 11th June. There are both €50 entry.

We held a sat last Thusday night and got over 30 runners with 3 tickets been awarded.

12k Starting stack and 18 minute blinds so its not a crap shoot.

Can you Pm me directions for this, thinking of heading down as i cant play any of the Dublin sats.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Beanies girl

thank u blazin see you there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

RockRory wrote: »
    Can you Pm me directions for this, thinking of heading down as i cant play any of the Dublin sats.

Cheers

Really Simple to find to be honest ..

If u are coming from Dublin

Come over the Bridge in Waterford go straight on through the lights and take the road turning left which is 2 turns up . go straight on and u will see the garda station on your left turn Right here and Blazin aces is about 200 yards down that street on your right . Its the small green building .

Also the super sat will be good in the Majestic hotel in Tramore on june 12th should do 30+ tics last year we did 47

Hope this helps

Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madblaa

Cool beans, but I've never finished in the top 3 in Aces! Super sat in tramore the following thursday, might be best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Beanies girl

well i have on a number of occasions and there is a first time for everything for u :). not sure but super sat i think is 100 plus 50 rebuy would,nt personally be interested in that structure

• Advertisement

well i have on a number of occasions and there is a first time for everything for u :). not sure but super sat i think is 100 plus 50 rebuy would,nt personally be interested in that structure

we did 275 for this last
    year with 57 tickets given out

Its a must as its always nearly 1 in 4 get a tic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

BLAZIN ACE wrote: »
    There is 2 more sats been held in Blazing Aces. The 1st is on next Thursday 5th June and then on wednesday the 11th June. There are both €50 entry.

We held a sat last Thusday night and got over 30 runners with 3 tickets been awarded.

12k Starting stack and 18 minute blinds so its not a crap shoot.

im in,anyone else playing this here tonight>?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Its not obvisouly the greatest structure but it could be worse and if i was around this would be my preferred way of entry. Really would advise playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madblaa

we did 275 for this last
    year with 57 tickets given out

Its a must as its always nearly 1 in 4 get a tic
    Is it a €50 re-buy?

Actually, just saw the other thread, no matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

anyone know best value hotel/bb etc to stay in for this to save reading through the whole thread. thnaks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

The Grand Hotel in Tramore.

http://www.grand-hotel.ie/ same rate as tourney venue.

DBC2007 wrote: »
    anyone know best value hotel/bb etc to stay in for this to save reading through the whole thread. thnaks

Atlantic Breeze B+B next door is lovely

Grand Hotel

O sheas Hotel after these

Neill

Atlantic Breeze B+B next door is lovely

Grand Hotel

O sheas Hotel after these

Neill

roll on next week looking forward to it..good work neill

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Is Lower Branch road close to the hotel - looking at beach haven house....

Need ultra-budget accomodation - don't have the money for this but won on the freeroll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭horsebokks

Legend_DIT wrote: »

Need ultra-budget accomodation - don't have the money for this but won on the freeroll!

couple of minutes walk from the hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

The Grand Hotel in Tramore.

http://www.grand-hotel.ie/ same rate as tourney venue.

thanks will check it out...and yours big slick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭VI_BEAR

niell reali sorry bud gonna have take my name off the list can't make it this weekend somethin came up that i have to do.....sorry for the short notice i'm gutted i can't make it been twice and been execellent weekend's everytime..... see you oct defo ain't gonna miss dat one.............

name: vivian browne

best of luck hope it goes well for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Im having trouble accessing the list of registered players on your site over the last few days Neil. Would you be able to copy it onto this thread? Cheers and good luck with the festivel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dont forget folks, you can get alternative accommodation on http://www.discovertramore.ie. There are plenty of B&Bs, but it might be wise to mention that you are coming for a poker festival in the Majestic by Big Slick Events (all members were informed of your party btw). The Grand Hotel is also a memeber of Discover Tramore. You can make enquiries via our website or over the phone - just dont forget to mention Discover Tramore when calling folks! :)

If anyone has any questions or whatever just shout. There is a town map on the Discover Tramore website and I will circulate a few to you during the event (there should be one big sized one around also) to help those not familar with the town.

Getting to Tramore

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Conbro wrote: »
    Im having trouble accessing the list of registered players on your site over the last few days Neil. Would you be able to copy it onto this thread? Cheers and good luck with the festivel.

Where abouts you looking?

• Advertisement

Legend_DIT wrote: »

Yup, lower bracnh road is very close to the hotel. There are several B&Bs along that route which should be able to assist you in finding accommodation.

Seacourt B&B is one on that road also.

http://www.bigslickevents.net/

I used this link to no avail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

Yeah, the link at the beginning of this thread is broken. Try this instead.

Thanks Oz

Sully wrote: »
    Dont forget folks, you can get alternative accommodation on http://www.discovertramore.ie. There are plenty of B&Bs, but it might be wise to mention that you are coming for a poker festival in the Majestic by Big Slick Events (all members were informed of your party btw). The Grand Hotel is also a memeber of Discover Tramore. You can make enquiries via our website or over the phone - just dont forget to mention Discover Tramore when calling folks! :)

If anyone has any questions or whatever just shout. There is a town map on the Discover Tramore website and I will circulate a few to you during the event (there should be one big sized one around also) to help those not familar with the town.

Getting to Tramore

i need map also i might get lost in tramore ;):p

wp all the same...

http://www.bigslickevents.net/

I used this link to no avail

Website loads okay for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Could someone confirm the buy-in and reg for the 2-day side event starting on Saturday? Is is €200 incl. reg, €250 incl. reg or €250 + €25 reg?

Thanks

ionapaul wrote: »
    Could someone confirm the buy-in and reg for the 2-day side event starting on Saturday? Is is €200 incl. reg, €250 incl. reg or €250 + €25 reg?

Thanks

Game is €225+€25

First page mistake

Apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin-dubh

Can someone confirm the starting stack for the sunday €100 side event...

Is 10k as advertised or 8k as advertised ??

Might travel for this......................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

eoin-dubh wrote: »
    Can someone confirm the starting stack for the sunday €100 side event...

Is 10k as advertised or 8k as advertised ??

Might travel for this......................

Can you and George stop titling everyone of your posts, its pointless and it life tilts me. Ty

Advertisement