Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 4X06 - "The Other Woman" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

basquille wrote: »
    Why do we need a cliffhanger? It's not 'Prison Break' or '24. There's been plenty of episodes without real cliffhangers.
    Agreed. Sure, there was an episode in the first season that ended with Hurley's CD player running out of batteries. lol. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think Miles is Ben's man on the boat... it'd be something Locke would have to sit down for I think :D
    Maybe the whole 3 point 2 million dollars thing was some code-talk because he couldn't speak to Ben alone like he wanted to.
    I predict Michael will wash up on shore, whining that someone took his boy again.
    I've been thinking about this too.. both Carlton and Damon have made it public knowledge that Michael would be returning to the series. Harold Perrineau's name has also returned to the credits suddenly this season.

Anyone else think.. possibly.. the whole idea he's the man on the boat is a red herring? What if it's Zombie-Boone, Zombie-Shannon, Zombie-Charlie, Zombie-Ana-Lucia, Zombie-Libby, Zombie-Eko... or Zombie-Sayid? Oh wait.. that last one is actually in the revised script for 4X07. Nevermind!

Ah no.. i'm just saying. Might they be leading us down a path... only to have them pull the path out from under us and take it on a U-Turn down a one-way street into oncoming traffic on a busy road on a Friday afternoon? Yeah, nice analogy, right? I made that up myself!
    Agreed. Sure, there was an episode in the first season that ended with Hurley's CD player running out of batteries. lol. :D
    Nah.. I wanted to know how the Damien Rice song ended. Funnily enough.. it ends exactly the same as 80% of his material. Funny that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Last season I really thought the Charlie-death stuff was a red herring too... After that nothing can be too obvious.

When writing this season they probably just didn't take into account that Harold's name would have to be in the credits of every episode. Assuming it is Michael it should still be a surprise for most casual viewers.

Re: Miles, it wouldn't surprise me if the 3.2 thing was a code. He seemed to be only one of the Boaties who recognised Naomi's code. Why would he want all that money? Gambling debts? His ghostbuster business seemed to be going pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this is taken from the promo of next weeks episode so it's going in tags:
    it's not miles as in next weeks episode sayid and desmond are in the sick bay when a note is passed to them through the vent on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

A solid 7 with great expectations for more from Locke and Ben, as for Jack - I just don't care anymore ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

This episode got me thinking, i'd love to see a spin off show or little web episodes of the goings on of Hurley and Sawyer living together.

They're the quintessential odd couple.

Picture all the fun times.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Oh, and how gay did Ben look walking up the hill after showing Juliet, the dead Goodwin?

Aye, I thought this as well. Also the way he ran to get the ham out of the oven was very effeminate as well.
    Whilst Michael Emerson is absolutely brilliant, (and as usual he stole every scene he's in) he is never going to convice me as a love-sick puppy.

I'm still 50/50 as to whether his "you're mine" comment was sexual or not, I'd like it if he just wants Juliet for her doctory abilities and the whole saving the island's future thing etc, rather than wanting to ravage her. (Tops marks for her Ursula Andress scene though :D).

Decent enough ep 7/10 from me, could never be a patch on last weeks but interesting enough.

As always, a couple of questions.
    Anyone know if Goodwins wife was in the opening to 'A tale of Two Cities' (first ep season3). I had a look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KHJk2O5rGw&feature=related but couldn't spot her, though the Goodwin angle we see back then (3m20sec of that link roughly) is different than in this weeks epsiode.
    Anyone translated the whispers?.

Finally, nice to see an episode without a over-the-top cliff-hanger, harked back to season 1 where the writers had the balls to end episodes without the need for a wtf moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Michael aint back till episode
    from the source in the link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Where was the cliffhanger?

I would have thought the lads being shocked at Ben walking around freely was a bit of a cliffhanger... but more-so, what about the lack of reveal of who Ben's man on the boat is?...
    I've a feeling next week's episode will be a very good one though.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Why do we need a cliffhanger? It's not 'Prison Break' or '24. There's been plenty of episodes without real cliffhangers.

True we don't always get a cliffhanger but often we do and they're one of my favourite parts of the show. They teased one was coming via the conversation between Locke and Ben about who Ben had on the boat. Instead we got to see Ben on a walkabout indicating that Locke apparently got told the answer but we the viewers did not. Just came across like a 'bait and switch' to me with a poor ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

True we don't always get a cliffhanger but often we do and they're one of my favourite parts of the show. They teased one was coming via the conversation between Locke and Ben about who Ben had on the boat. Instead we got to see Ben on a walkabout indicating that Locke apparently got told the answer but we the viewers did not. Just came across like a 'bait and switch' to me with a poor ending.
    Same here, I was hoping to finally see Michael or something. It's just that recent episodes have raised the bar and an OK one like this seems crap in comparison.

Harold Perrineau must be a happy man - he's being paid because he's credited in every episode but he doesn't have to do anything. Nice work if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Agreed, some of my favourite endings of lost have not been cliffhangers.
    The got milk ending of season 2 comes to mind.

I maybe coming to your way of thinking about Michael being too obvious for the man on the boat. It's not just name appearing at the start of the credits. They annouced it at comic con and had Harold Perrinau answering questions and everything so they have been very open about his return, it's the sort of thing I can see Darlton doing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

woodyg wrote: »
    http://imdb.com/name/nm0674782/

Michael aint back till episode 9 from the source in the link

It actually says hes back in episode 7 which is next weeks episode

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

woodyg wrote: »
    http://imdb.com/name/nm0674782/
    Michael aint back till episode 9 from the source in the link

Does this need spoiler tags, or is it just speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

MarkR wrote: »
    Does this need spoiler tags, or is it just speculation?

Last night's promo on Sky for next week (the one that play directly after the episode) said something along the lines of:
    "Next week's episode will see the return of a familiar face."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I thought that was quite a good episode.

Lovin Ben right now, he is such a liar! He tells Locke that the Others don't want him to come back and then hes off secretly giving orders to them. I don't think we can even trust that videotape of his, nothing in it suggested that Widmore is looking for the island, Ben lies!

I think Michael's return is imminent, maybe we should start another pool on what his first line is gonna be, probably along the lines of:

Sayid: Michael? Why did you come back?

Michael: I had to! They took mah boy!!! WAAAAAAAAALT!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

Last night's promo on Sky for next week (the one that play directly after the episode) said something along the lines of:
    "Next week's episode will see the return of a familiar face."

The countdown clock from the hatch?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

decent ep but I am never too bothered about Juliet.....I think there is a connection with the crash surviviors and wanting to know who gets off the island, etc..

with Juliet....meh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The countdown clock from the hatch?!?

That would actually be quite cool if they did that.

I liked the episode but it hadn't a patch on last weeks episode.

I think Harper was talking about Ben's mother when she said "You look just like her" which adds to the creepyness of ben.

I really don't want Micheal to be the man on the boat, it just seems too obvious at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's obvious to us because we've been reading about it online, and people have been bringing it up on this forum since michael 'left' the show. If you were just watching it on network 2 on sundays, it might come as a bit of a shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Talisman

Is that Juliet's back story complete? If so then she's the next to die... just a thought like.

As for Michael's return. Could he be the body in the coffin? The writers have said that this season we'll find out who was in the coffin.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

The fact that Harold P has been in the credits from the start of this season is a real giveaway as to his return. You don't have to be reading online forums to realize that it could be him on the boat and with the way it's building up to us finding out, if it is Michael it would be a real let down. So, maybe it's not him afterall.

Another thought - Widmore gets the journal from the Black Rock which leads him to find out about the Island. His interest may be 2 fold. The Island itself but also something that's on the Black Rock or the Black rock itself! Maybe the Black Rock has more of a role in the story then we think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Ok episode, 6 out of 10. The stuff with the gas made no sense whatsoever, nor did the therapist (can't remember her name) supposedly delivering a message from Ben. Flashbacks were decent, would love to know who Juillette is supposed to look like.

The Sawyer - Hurley odd couple spin off is a great idea lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What if it's Walt on the boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

razorblunt wrote: »
    What if it's Walt on the boat?
    Maaaaaaaaaaaa Boooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

Nah, he's too tall for down below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

LFCFan wrote: »
    The fact that Harold P has been in the credits from the start of this season is a real giveaway as to his return. You don't have to be reading online forums to realize that it could be him on the boat and with the way it's building up to us finding out, if it is Michael it would be a real let down. So, maybe it's not him afterall.

Nah, most of my friends watch Lost and all of my family and not a single one has suspected Michael will be the man on the boat (until I told them). It's not cos they're thick, they just don't spend their time discussing Lost theories online. Most ordinary people probably wouldn't realise his name's in the credits, either, as they don't know the actors names'.

Still, it is pretty obvious alright. I'm guessing Michael won't be Ben's man on the boat but he might be on the boat/turn up on the island soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Angel (and Buffy I think) used to show the credits exactly the way Lost does now. I remember watching an episode of Angel a few years back where they introduced the character of Drusilla in a really shocking finale for one of the episodes and after the final scene of the ep the following flashed on the screen:

Guest starring Juliet Landau as Drusilla

I thought that was pretty cool as had they introduced the actress' name in the credits at the start then fans would have predicted an appearance. I reckon Lost should have done something similar when they planned on re-introducing Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

cooker3 wrote: »
    I definately think Harper was an apparition considering you could hear the whispers. Am I right in thinking this is the first time we heard the whispers since the hatch imploded?

pretty sure the island is situated between time and the Others have found a way to control it (time) - hence why Walt and Harper could appear and disappear and also would explain the voices and how Ben and (Dude with grenade in his mouth) could be exactly where they wanted to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Though it was a good episode, as good as last week. Don't know why there was so much fuss about last weeks episode.
    We got a reminder of how the others kidnapped survivors from the tale section, have we any idea of what happened to those people? I keep forgetting these details!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone hear the whispers??? "Sarah there's somebody coming???"

Advertisement