Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 4X06 - "The Other Woman" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 07-03-2008 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "THE OTHER WOMAN" -

Episode Title: "The Other Woman"
    Airdate: March 6th 2008

Synopsis (from TV.Com):
    Juliet receives an unwelcome visit from someone from her past and is given orders to track down Charlotte and Faraday in order to stop them from completing their mission -- by any means necessary. Meanwhile, Ben offers Locke an enticing deal.

Next New Episode: 4X07 -
    "Ji Yeon"
    - March 13th 2008

SPOILER WARNING:

From now on, this thread shall reveal details of the episode mentioned above. If you have not yet seen this episode, please do not move any further down the thread.

This episode shall air on:

ABC (US) - March 6th 2008
    RTÉ (IRL) - March 10th 2008

If you are sure you have seen the episode as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the episode revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

What did you think of "The Other Woman"? 122 votes

0%
    4%
    Cactus ColGlenmanJosephC_Breezered dave 5 votes
    3%
    matrimBaby4Star Lordthe_manchine 4 votes
    20%
    Gavin W[Deleted User]V9LFCFanPsychedelicAdMMMStephen PSnake PliskenMr.Nice GuylostexpectationThe GnomeBrianb8802RAUL DUKEanotherlostiegustavoRob30888L31mr0dkevmyDMBanditthemadchef 25 votes
    27%
    BardBounty HunterAnimakaimeraGoodshapeCreatureDrag00n79radiospanHugh_CPullMyFinger!fjonmickgerUser45701doonothingJackieChanLegend_DITDonkeyStyle \o/Sad ProfessorNeo#FitzerP 34 votes
    29%
    mewsojArgHAShamopickarooneyjor elsunbeammada999Jackziggyyom 1AntiRipBasqziggySherifuRon DMCHungryJoeyKillaqueen!!!Robin1982tvnutzMick Shrimpton 36 votes
    9%
    monkeyfudgefergmcdAuversSparko[Deleted User]00sullyRyallerAORrizzlaunclebill98LeebyNAGGIE03 12 votes
    2%
    GinjaNinjablackboxbrick tamland 3 votes
    0%
    robby^5 1 vote
    1%
    razorbluntUnknown 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Enjoy it all... let's hope 'Lost' stays on it's winning streak after a couple of absolutely stupendous episodes this season.

Only two more of the pre-strike episodes left after this.. expect a 4 week break or so til new ones then.

Oh.. and I'm expecting a report and breakdown of the episode from Sad Professor around 5am! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol, i'm off to bed. Not as dedicated as SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'll be up in the morning to find this on my iphone so i can watch it at some stage during the day as i'll be away from my home pc all day

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

basquille wrote: »
    Oh.. and I'm expecting a report and breakdown of the episode from Sad Professor around 5am! ;)
    hehe, of course :D .

It's one benefit of working nights. When I go back to days I'll be lucky to see past 11. I'll have to wait until Friday night to watch it like everyone else. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

That was pretty good. As soon as I see the writers of the episode come up on the credits and its not Darlton I worry a bit but this was solid enough. I dont think last weeks episode will be topped till the season finale.

My version of this went badly out of sync for ten mins so I wont fully comment till I see it again properly.

A steller 7

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hmmm, big disappointment after last week. It was to be expected I guess.

A few little answers though. We found out who's boat it is. And it's exactly who we all thought. Mind you this is all according to Ben and we know he's full of crap. But he seemed like he was being pretty honest for a change.

Speaking of which we do get an interesting new side to Ben this week. I really thought the whole "history" with Juliet thing from early last season had been dropped. But apparently not. Poor Ben, deep down he's just a big dork. He can't help but be creepy. I got a real kick out of the final scene, not your usual Lost cliffhanger but funny.

Remember the love triangle or eh quadrilateral? Well better make that a pentagon. Or is it a hexagon? :p Whatever, there's a lot of sides, let's just call it the love polygon.

I reckon a lot of you are going to hate this ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gavin W

Okay, maybe I'm putting two and two together and making 457, but one line in this episode triggered off an "OMG!" realisation for me. I now strongly suspect that...
    Ben had an affair with Jack's wife, Sarah!

The evidence:
    Remember the episode which focused on Jack and Sarah's divorce? He kept insisting that she just tell him the name of the other guy she was seeing, but she never revealed it. Or more importantly, the writers didn't reveal it. It seemed an unimportant detail at the time...

Then last season:
    As Jack and Juliet first began to get friendly, there was a curious line from Ben to Jack about "Haven't you noticed that she bears a remarkable resemblance to your ex-wife?"

Now in this episode:
    When Juliet tells her therapist that Ben's been very kind to her, she mutters in reply "Of course he has, you look just like her."

What do you think? And leaping ahead slightly...
    Perhaps Ben, through Sarah, knew all about Jack years ago and his skill as a spinal surgeon. So when he developed a spinal tumour, Ben somehow caused the plane crash simply as a way of getting Jack on to the island?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

ahh i knew it would be ****e....last week was too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Perhaps Ben, through Sarah, knew all about Jack years ago and his skill as a spinal surgeon. So when he developed a spinal tumour, Ben somehow caused the plane crash simply as a way of getting Jack on to the island?
    [/quote]

Not sure about Ben causing the crash, he didn't seem to have anything to do with Desmond not putting in the numbers, and also seemed surprised about the plane crashing.

You may definitely have something about the whole Ben/Jack/Juliet thing though...

plus Juliet was pretty fine in this episode (flashbacks anyway:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

End scene was just one of the funniest i've seen in lost/

More sawyer/ben per episodes please!

• Advertisement

plus Juliet was pretty fine in this episode (flashbacks anyway:D)

Her "fineness" was brought up in another thread and I dont see it? :confused: She has eyebrows like Robin Williams' knuckles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

This was a big letdown after last week, we got confirmation about who owns the freighter but im sure we all already knew. Not much else happened though, the flashbacks were fairly crap, I dont care about love polygons or whatever:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

Poor enough episode, nothing really happened in it. Dont think we need another love triangle. Lets hope it doesnt begin to slip like the 3rd season did. All we need is another Paulo&Nikki-like random sub plot and the season will be spoiled. Hopefully, they dont give poor episode next week and then throw in the "man on the boat is.." bit at the very end

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

wasnt actually that bad really.

it had:
    -a new station.
    -tom:D
    -ben and locke:cool:
    -kate getting knocked out;)
    -really funny ending

if this had of been a season 3 episode i think people would rate it higher but we have been spoiled recently.

Things we've learnt in this episode part 1:

Charlotte is super extra strength crazy

Does anyone else think she and the other 3 are actually working with Ben? I think Ben shooting her (knowing she had a vest) was to convince the Losties even more of their (non) intentions.

I enjoyed it, the flashbacks were great I thought and seeing the plane crash from different angles. Seeing Goodwyn again was cool and the affair was done well enough. Ending was a lol moment. Kind of expect to be a bit of a go slow but still good enough. 6/10

Faraday is a mad hacker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Does no one think Michael is the man on the boat? Kinda obvious IMO.

obl wrote: »
    Does no one think Michael is the man on the boat? Kinda obvious IMO.
    That's the first any of us had heard of it. No, really.

:p

I was hoping it'd be revealed this week, may be kept for the finale.

Good enough episode. Not as good as last weeks but better than the ones preceeding that.

What happened at the end though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ok episode,we find out penny's evil father owns the boat,which we kind og guessed.

we now also know how ben killed all of the old dharma people in the others village,the used the gas from that station,which I am not sure is the same think Roussou was on about. Dharma had their suits,i.e Kelvin so at some stage there was some sort of sickness,Roussou said her crew died from a sickness,whereas the gas just seems to kill people fairly quickly.

probably a 5/10 but it gets an extra point for juliet being so hot :D

6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gavin W

ziggy wrote: »
    Actually yeah, I rechecked that episode and we briefly see a guy she goes off with, however I think it's left kind of ambiguous whether he was the boyfriend or if Jack was just assuming that. It could be a classic piece of Lost misdirection.

It was the line about "you look just like her" which got me. The only other time Juliet was said to look very like someone was when Ben said she looked like Sarah.

tvnutz wrote: »
    we now also know how ben killed all of the old dharma people in the others village,the used the gas from that station,which I am not sure is the same think Roussou was on about. Dharma had their suits,i.e Kelvin so at some stage there was some sort of sickness,Roussou said her crew died from a sickness,whereas the gas just seems to kill people fairly quickly.
    Ah I forgot all about Kelvin and the HAZMAT suit. Makes sense now that we know about the gas.

We don't have a firm date for The Purge but assuming that Kelvin was a genuine Dharma member it had to take place after 1991 (Kelvin was in the Gulf War). Radzinsky probably used the suit as a precaution when exploring the island after The Purge. Then when Desmond washed up on shore Kelvin used it to con him.

The quarantine sign on the hatch door was either a left-over from The Incident or a way of keeping the Swan and it's crew secure from The Hostiles.

I still think Rousseau's sickness was what happened to Desmond last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ah I forgot all about Kelvin and the HAZMAT suit. Makes sense now that we know about the gas.

We don't have a firm date for The Purge but assuming that Kelvin was a genuine Dharma member it had to take place after 1991 (Kelvin was in the Gulf War). Radzinsky probably used the suit as a precaution when exploring the island after The Purge. Then when Desmond washed up on shore Kelvin used it to con him.

The quarantine sign on the hatch door was either a left-over from The Incident or a way of keeping the Swan and it's crew secure from The Hostiles.

I still think Rousseau's sickness was what happened to Desmond last week.

Good point,I forgot about linking Desmond's sickness with what happened to Rousseau's crew,because they did all die. And as you say the Hazmat suits were probably as a precaution by the remaining Dharma members who weren't killed,against Ben and the others.

There is just so much that has happened that you just can't remember it all and don't link it right away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not too bad, about as much as I expected since episodes like last weeks are few and far between. We know that Penny's dad has some involvement, and may even be the big bad boss if Ben is to be believed. I'm guessing that Ben has revealed to Locke who the inside man on the boat is, and that we won't be privy to this information for some time, what a bitch. I knew it was going to cut scene before Ben told Locke.

I'm wondering, since Faraday and Charlotte know that Jack and Co are no friends of Ben's, why they didn't come clean about the gas and get their help in going to neutralise it?

Also, and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, did anyone else think that the shrink wasn't really there in the forest? We hear the whispers, then she suddenly appears, then more whispers and she's gone. Very much like phantom Walt's appearances, and Hurley's imaginary friend too. Was she the Smoke trying to get Juliette to stop Daniel and Charlotte, and if so, why didn't she/it just eat them? How could Ben have told her what to do, if she was a real person, when he's been tied up in the basement all this time? Very strange.

Juliette coming out of the water, very James Bond underneath the mango tree style...

6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

jor el wrote: »
    How could Ben have told her what to do, if she was a real person, when he's been tied up in the basement all this time? Very strange.

That bit reminded me of what Miles said to Ben after he demanded the $3.2 million: "Do not treat me like I'm one of them! Like I don't know who you are, or what you can do!"

My initial thought regarding Harper's appearance in the jungle was that she was a ghost/island apparition and I think we may still find out in a future episode that she's actually dead. But then didn't Richard appear to Ben as a child in a very similar manner? The whispers do seem to be connected to the Others in some significant way. Might have something to do with the Temple they went to last season.

Anyway this episode made sense of several questions I had last season about Ben and Juliet. Juliet might have been pissed at Ben for not letting her go home but Goodwin's death and Ben's obsession with her obviously cornered her in such a way that she would plot with Jack to kill Ben. Also I could never understand why Ben would be so foolish as to continue to trust her after she tried to kill him. His obsession with her explains it though. He just couldn't see her for who she was.

Ben's obsessive and childish way with Juliet fits pretty well with what we know of his childhood. I'd imagine the "her" that Harper said Juliet looked like is his mother. It's an interesting new dimension to Ben imo. Still creepy but human at the same time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This gets a "Juliet's sweaty tits" from me. Middle of the road, bring on next week fare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

My initial thought regarding Harper's appearance in the jungle was that she was a ghost/island apparition and I think we may still find out in a future episode that she's actually dead.
    I was actually expecting that the come to light somewhere in Juliet's flashback as soon as she appeared in the forest.
    But then didn't Richard appear to Ben as a child in a very similar manner?

True, but so did his dead mother. And who's to say that the Richard that appeared to Ben was really Richard? Man, this'd wreck you head if you think about it too much.

I also doubt that the tape Ben showed Locke was actually his last bargaining chip. Ben always has something else, plus if what Harper said is correct, Ben is exactly where he wants to be, and won't be doing anything as a last resort. He probably planned to show Locke the tape all along.

I wonder how Myles is getting on with the grenade? :D

Advertisement