Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 4X06 - "The Other Woman" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

ah an ok 8ish episode, not really a big fan of julliette, btw who killed Goodwin again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anna lucia wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I liked it. Maybe Ben controls the whispers/monster, and can observe what's happening through them? or something...
    Yeah, we'll definitely find out at the end of next week's ep who is on the boat, tenner bets. aaaand, it'll be Michael. ...5er bets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I thought it was decent enough episode. Comparing it to last weeks one is almost unfair.
    I liked the start, "ooooh she got off island, oh wait no" I should learn by now to stop trusting the start of lost, the writers are always at it.

I definately think Harper was an apparition considering you could hear the whispers. Am I right in thinking this is the first time we heard the whispers since the hatch imploded?

As SP said this showed a more human side to Ben and help explain Juliet and Ben relationship much more. I especially love how childlike Ben was when Juliet came in for dinner, it was rather cute.

Ben mentioning Windmore is interesting and I imagine we are going to be hearing a whole lot more in episodes to come

Loved the ending.
    Once again Michael Emerson is just outstanding throughout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

explain juliets behaviour,which took a long time to come,

ben always has a plan...

so what are the chemicals actually for?

ps check out abrahams TED talk about mystery boxes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I thought it was an enjoyable episode.. not really fair comparing it to last week as it would have never matched in terms of quality.

Some great bits in it: any scene with Locke and Ben interacting ("you may need to sit down"), Juliet in her swimwear (nyum nyum), Juliet beating the sheeyat outta that annoying feck Charlotte and liked the way they lead us to believe the flashback was actually a flashforward (in the future) by opening with Harper referring to her celebrity status only to have Tom arrive in and the "welcome to the Island".

I'm afraid Michael on the boat is obvious seeing as his name has magically re-appeared in the credits for thee past 6 episodes.

But the flashbacks I admit were a bit lacking. The ending was great however.

Not as good as last week but far from a poor episode. I'll give it a 6 or 7 outta 10. 6 maybe.
    jor el wrote: »
    Also, and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, did anyone else think that the shrink wasn't really there in the forest? We hear the whispers, then she suddenly appears, then more whispers and she's gone.
    Very much so. It's the whole "raining walking around the jungle and hearing whispers only to have someone suddenly appear behind you" scenario.. a common one!
    ps check out abrahams TED talk about mystery boxes
    Yeah, that's a brillant talk. I always thought that was the inspiration for Megan's mystery box in the Abram's created 'Felicity'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

decent episode... even though it wasn't on par with last weeks it was a sight better than most of last season. At least questions are getting answered now with every episode.

I don't know if the writers intended it (they probably did :rolleyes:) but the opening sequence with Juliet made me think she was one of the ones to get off the island when she started speaking about being a celebrity. That was quickly shot to pieces, lol.

Also, I liked Bens comment when he said "I hope this rabbit wasn't numbered". I'm guessing thats a nod to the viral video from the Orchid hatch

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Solid enough episode. Liked the exposition of the ben/juliette relationship and the Locke/Ben stuff is always great. Oh and ben at the end was classic. (notice I'm saying Ben alot here?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

The whispers do seem to be connected to the Others in some significant way. Might have something to do with the Temple they went to last season.

Indeed, I'm beginning to suspect that the Temple is perhaps another Dharma station.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The Gnome wrote: »
    Indeed, I'm beginning to suspect that the Temple is perhaps another Dharma station.
    Could well be. Was one of the Dharma projects on ESP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Well parapsychology was one of their interests alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

This was a completely different style of episode to last week but I enjoyed it a lot.

Several strands were tied up - the awkwardness we saw between Ben and Juliet last season, that Juliet was having an affair with the married Goodwin, and confirmation that Widmore is the baddy - we might all have presumed this, but with Lost I learn never to assume anything, so this was a big plot reveal. Ben's nasty side was shown too by keeping Goodwin out there with Anna Lucia and co.

When Harper mentioned Juliet looking like 'her', I assumed (see!) it was Annie she was talking about - we still never found out what happened to her, did she survive the gas attack.

Interesting to see Claire asking to speak to Myles -not really in character for her to get involved like this. And Ben vs Locke was once again great to see, completed by Sawyer and Hurley's facial expressions when Ben walks by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Whitmore sent Faraday and Charlotte to disengage the gas system before Ben activated it, and Myles to presumably hunt Jacob down using his ghostbusting skills. Why does he want them alive? Why does he want Jacob? Is Jacob Hanso??? My brain hurts trying to figure this stuff out.

Also, CLASSIC Ben stuff in this episode. I really love the acting. He's so clearly twisted...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Ben's man on the boat - Michael or Sayid?

manster wrote: »
    I don't think it's Sayid somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Sherifu wrote: »
    I don't think it's Sayid somehow.

lol, I think you're right :D I can imagine what Ben said to Locke now:

"you better sit down for this, remember when Sayid asked me who I had on the boat, well Sayid was my man on the boat before he even was on the boat... didn't that just blow your mind"

actually :rolleyes: now that I think about it? It could actually be Sayid on the boat... Sayid from the future :eek:

88 mph!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I love it, Locke is so persistenly weak to Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

manster wrote: »

It could be anyone with this whole time lapse thing. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Sayid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

All right episode....5/10

Sayid could be the man, interesting, but Michael is more of less the one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Decent enough episode. As for not comparing it to last weeks...? Of course we should compare it. Just because all of a sudden we get an amazing epiosde like last weeks doesn't mean we have to accept it when a terrible episode comes along. However, I quite enjoyed this. No major wtf moments, yet nothing answered (:() but still it was nicely tied in with some of the past episodes.

We finally learn about the much-suspected history between Ben and Juliet. Just when I thought Ben was a lost cause, we get this creepy, obsessive yet human side to him. Nice touch by the writers. I was beginning to get p1ssed off with him constantly talking in riddles and trying to manipilate Locke. Of course, we still have that but now that he's a free men..who knows what will happen! The ending made me smile a bit..

Oh, and how gay did Ben look walking up the hill after showing Juliet, the dead Goodwin? LOL <--- literally! :D

I think I'm the only one who doesn't get the whole gas thing though. I know Ben has gassed the Dharma people before but he's been kept prisoner for the past while, why were Faraday and Charlotte suddenly in a rush to disable the gas. Who would have set it off in the first place? Or was it always like that and they had already planned to get to the Tempest (is that the name of the station?)? A bit confused there :confused: Did anyone catch anything interesting on the computer Faraday was working on?

A bit trivial, but how did Goodwin get the 'chemical' burn? Is it way too obvious for Michael to be the man on the boat? Does Miles still have a grenade in his mouth?!

And DAMN Jack, kissing Juliet...he seems to have lost all feeling for Kate, he didn't show much emotion towards her when he found her all battered up by Charlotte. I suppose we've got enough romance what with Jack/Juliet/Ben and Kate/Sawyer and Des/Penny etc. etc.

6/10

I used to hate Juliet but I've enjoyed both her flashbacks and she's becoming quite an interesting character.

EDIT: Also, was this episode still Christmas Eve?! I know there's no Santa Claus on the island but surely somebody will say Happy Christmas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thought it was a decent episode with a MAJORLY LAME ENDING.

Oh my gosh! It's Ben walking cheerily into a house! Dun dun dun!

I can't say I was that impressed with the way they explained Ben's infatuation with Juliet either. It's been subtle up until now and then all of a sudden it's "Ben thinks I'm his. Waaaaah! Hold me Jack." Way too rushed. It seemed like poor writing to me but I suppose you have to take the writer's strike into consideration and the fact they've had to speed through certain elements so I'm not overly bothered by it. 8/10.

Anyone else really getting pissed off with Charlotte? She's such a bloody moan.

Thought it was a decent episode with a MAJORLY LAME ENDING.

Oh my gosh! It's Ben walking cheerily into a house! Dun dun dun!
    What?!?! The ending was the best bit...

"See you guys at dinner..!"

Jaws dropped on Hurley and Sawyer. How could you not have enjoyed that? :eek:

He didn't like last weeks episode either, he's a strange one that Mr.Nice Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

basquille wrote:
    What?!?! The ending was the best bit...

"See you guys at dinner..!"

Jaws dropped on Hurley and Sawyer. How could you not have enjoyed that? :eek:

Where was the cliffhanger? At least tell me WHAT'S for dinner. Roast potatoes? More rabbits? I need to know this stuff!
    Sherifu wrote: »
    He didn't like last weeks episode either, he's a strange one that Mr.Nice Guy.

You lie! I gave it an 8. I just didn't understand why people fell in love with it (still don't). I've a feeling next week's episode will be a very good one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm amazed that Locke didn't bring up the fact that Ben shot him and left him to die in pit full of Dharma remains! I think I'd have held a grudge. Unless, of course, Ben intentionally shot Locke where his kidney was missing...hmm. I hadn't thought of that before!

You lie! I gave it an 8. I just didn't understand why people fell in love with it (still don't). I've a feeling next week's episode will be a very good one though.
    Fair enough. For me last weeks episode was perfectly written and executed but not everyone likes messing with time. I find it funny that 2 people gave this episode a 10. If this episode is the best Lost can be i'd be pissed off.

Where was the cliffhanger? At least tell me WHAT'S for dinner. Roast potatoes? More rabbits? I need to know this stuff!
    Why do we need a cliffhanger? It's not 'Prison Break' or '24. There's been plenty of episodes without real cliffhangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Also, I liked Bens comment when he said "I hope this rabbit wasn't numbered". I'm guessing thats a nod to the viral video from the Orchid hatch
    Pacemaker-bunny was also numbered IIRC.
    Drew a smile either way.

I think Miles is Ben's man on the boat... it'd be something Locke would have to sit down for I think :D
    Maybe the whole 3 point 2 million dollars thing was some code-talk because he couldn't speak to Ben alone like he wanted to.
    I predict Michael will wash up on shore, whining that someone took his boy again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

that was pretty much a standard episode although I was quite surprised that two things were omitted 1) The fact that it was Christmass and 2) Miles and his mouth full o grenade.

suppose maybe only Des and Sayid know the date and since last week was so Des centric this week was never going to involve him or the freighter much. So instead maybe he will contact the Island next week which in Lost time might only be the next day (25th of Dec) and wish everyone a happy Christmass at which time there will be some touching scenes where everyone realises tis the season to be Jolly, Hurley finds a Santa costume and Ben gives Miles 3.2m instead of a face full of grenade and a merry christmass is had by all.

Advertisement