Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mrsod

Hi everyone

This is my 1st time making soup what veg is not zero points

Thank Mary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Starchy ones- spuds (including sweet potatoes), peas and beans. Also sweetcorn. If you've got the WW book there's a complete list of free foods in there and points values for any veggies that aren't free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

HI
    i've just found out that Cobra Lite contains 96 calories per 330ml. Can someone point this for me?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

http://points.ogo.ms/ Here is a points calculator.

1.5points as most bottles of beer are. Only ones that are 1point are bulmers light and bud light I think. All the rest are 1.5points per bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is there a WW points calculator/tracker iphone app?
    If not there really should be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

There is but they are not official WW ones. And also the few that I found are the american calculations.

Just search for it on iTunes store.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

aoife161 wrote: »
    i've just found out that Cobra Lite contains 96 calories per 330ml.
    Jwacqui wrote: »
    1.5points as most bottles of beer are. Only ones that are 1point are bulmers light and bud light I think. All the rest are 1.5points per bottle.
    If you are drinking a lot of bottles it is best to multiply up to get a less rounded point. e.g. cobra lite enter in 960kcal to get 14points, so you know it is really 1.4.

Bulmers list the light as 92kcal, so 1.5point, but 920 shows it to be 1.3
    http://www.bulmers.ie/about-us/faqs.asp
    normal bulmers is 135kcal so 2 points or 1.95kcal

Thanks all. So when I was told Bulmers light is just 1 point at my local that was a load of crap?? Whats that all about.

Yeah defo think its better to calculate the total bottles drank rather than per bottle and I cannot understand how BUlmers light can be 1 point and another beer with 4 extra calories is 1.5 pts.

I cannot understand how BUlmers light can be 1 point and another beer with 4 extra calories is 1.5 pts.
    Because they always round to 0.5.

So a drink which is 1.24 points is listed as 1, while a drink which is 1.26 points is listed as 1.5.

rubadub wrote: »
    Because they always round to 0.5.

So a drink which is 1.24 points is listed as 1, while a drink which is 1.26 points is listed as 1.5.

Hi Rubadub,
    thanks. But you said that Bulmers Lite works out at 1.3.. So surely if they rounded, that would make is 1.5 points?

• Advertisement

So surely if they rounded, that would make is 1.5 points?
    Yes, I said 1.5 is correct, well when using this calculator anyway
    http://points.ogo.ms/
    I got 1.3 when I added on the zero at the end

Maybe somebody calculated wrongly to get 1 point or used a different calculator, or got wrong info for calories, or were talking of a half pint/"glass" of bulmers light. Lots of possibilities, I am really just point out that if one beer is 1.5 and the other is 1 then it is unlikely that it really does have 50% more calories/points so you should not assume you can have 50% more of that drink, esp. if you are drinking 10+ bottles at a time.

On that calculator 87kcal is 1 point, 88kcal is 1.5points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

chilly wrote: »
    Is there a WW points calculator/tracker iphone app?
    If not there really should be!

I use iWatchr, not an official one but it does have the european formula in it. It also has a tracker and a favourites list where u can store ur most used stuff for addition to the tracker. I swear by it and its only 79c i think.

He has also done this thing whereby he allows you to enter the formula yourself if and when (more likely "when" i think) WW come after him to stop, on the basis that the formula is the only patented part of WW.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Hi everyone, I'm starting back WW tomorrow (I decided not to set myself up for a fall this weekend and just wait until tomorrow) this thread has been brilliant to read.

Just out of curisoity has anyone every tried to point white pudding? :D

I was checking the pack in the fridge but there is no nutrional info on the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

50g of Clonakilty black pudding is 3pts!!! Was 3 slices :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emmom2310

Hello there,

Wow I've been doing a bit of reading on the thread and I have to say you guys really give me motivation...
    I've just started ww and I'm finding it a bit difficult to keep track of what I eat. Do you of you keep a diary??? I have the ww calculator which I find brilliant I'm in college the nights that meetings are on in my locality but once March comes I'll be free to attend so I do not have a tracker etc etc...

Could anyone help me in finding the points for items below:
    Btle Bud Light?
    Prawns?
    Potato (boiled)?
    Packet of popcorn?
    Porridge with low fat milk?
    Salad?
    Oven Chips?

Also I'm allowed 20 points per day...must I use these 20 points up or could I use 18 and keep 2 of the points for a drink at the weekend.
    I'm also walking 3 miles x 5 days per week is this enough???

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Hi Emmom and best of luck with WW - don't worry you'll soon get used to pointing food. If you have your first book from week one - at the back there should be a huge list of foods and the points value for each. In the meantime this site has a lot of points values on it: http://ukladyluck1.piczo.com/completenocountlist?cr=5&linkvar=000044

As for what you've listed below, most of it really depends on how much of each you're eating - such as porridge, oven chips prawns etc.

I'm fairly sure that Bud Light is 1.5 pts and if it's a bag of Manhattan Popcorn that's 2.5pts. You're salad should be mostly free - unless you've got a creamy dressing on it or something.

Do you have a pointer - to help you calculate the porridge, oven chips etc. from the kcals and sat fat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emmom2310

Hello and thanks for the help,

I have a pointer so I'm literally running around the house with it in my hand :)
    I'm using the recomended allowance of porridge, 2 scoops with half semi skimmed milk/half water (trying to hold onto my milk allowance)

I might post a sample day of eating:

Breakfast:
    2 scoops porridge, half water, half semi skimmed milk, 1 splenda

Break: 1 coffee, splash semi skimmed milk, 1 splenda

Dinner: Prawns (stir fryied - no oil used), peppers, onions, courgette, garlic, tomatoes and a medium portion of rice - half a cup???? (no sauce used)

Break: 1 can d.coke and 1 kiwi

Tea: 2 boiled eggs (yoke removed from one), ww pitta bread & large salad. 1 cup of tea, 1 splenda

Treats: I pink and white mallow wafer snack thing (think these are 0.5 pts)

Are there points in splenda do you know???

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all, resurrecting this thread to the first page!

Any idea of points in a Viennese Whirl from the bakery. Friend bought me one as a cheer me up. Want to know the damage before I eat it!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Depuy lady

Hi

New to weight watchers. Im trying to avoid eating food in the canteen as I dont know what the points are. So im thinking of having 4 crackers with either butter or liaugh cow light cheese spread.

Can anyone tell me how points are in 4 crackers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

What type of crackers would they be? cream crackers? Rivita?

Why dont you bring your own lunch with you instead. You could bring a huge salad for 0 points and be more full than 4 crackers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Depuy lady

they're the low fat crackers i think they're jacobs. theres 3 in a packet. Ill have salad this evening so i dont want to eat nothing but salad or ill get sick of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SHEASY

Hey fellow WW out there, I've been doing WW for years but only recently joined back after having my baby... Does anyone know how many points in Hicks White Pudding or similiar white puddings - very hard to point?

Also those Pink and White wafer thingys, the leader said they were only half point but when I pointed them they worked out at 1 point?? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

SHEASY wrote: »
    Also those Pink and White wafer thingys, the leader said they were only half point but when I pointed them they worked out at 1 point?? :(

oh no, i hope not. i just bought myself 2 packets of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Hey fellow WW out there, I've been doing WW for years but only recently joined back after having my baby... Does anyone know how many points in Hicks White Pudding or similiar white puddings - very hard to point?

If the pink n whites are the ones with jam in them they are one point each but the plain ones are 1/2 point each!!
    If you put them in microwave for bout 20secs the mallow melts a bit and they are delicious!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SHEASY

ohanloj3 wrote: »
    If the pink n whites are the ones with jam in them they are one point each but the plain ones are 1/2 point each!!
    If you put them in microwave for bout 20secs the mallow melts a bit and they are delicious!!

I havent seen the ones with the jam in them... yummers will do thanks for that:)

The trouble is rounding up and down to the nearest 0.5. I have mentioned this before.

There is a calculator here http://points.ogo.ms/

Most products will have the values per 100g on the side, so you need the calories and sat fat. You should always calculate on your actual portion size. i.e. if you are going to eat 200g then find out the calories for 200g and THEN enter it in the calculator, otherwise you lose accuracy from too much "rounding".

e.g. if 100g was 200kcal then you enter 200kcal in the calculator and you get 3 points. Now if you double this you get 6 points. But this is losing accuracy due to poor mathematical practise. You should get the portion size 200g, which is 400kcal. Now 400kcal is 5.5 points. So you can enjoy another 0.5 points of something else!

A can of beer is around 200kcal, which is 3 points, but I drink 10 at a go! which is 28.5 points. If it is a common food you eat regularly then it is best to be accurate. Most of the time they will probably even out, i.e. for every 0.5 points over another thing might be 0.5 points under.

When you get to very small portions it is even worse. To exaggerate the point, 50ml of lager is around 20kcal, this is 0.5 points on that calculator, so this means 500ml is 5 points, and 10 cans is 50 points!

Guinness is only about 170kcal per can, 17kcal per 50ml shows as zero points! 50points Vs 0points for 10 cans, I might switch to guinness :pac:

If you have a very low point item you can simply mulitiply up the figures by 10 and then divide by 10, you might find one is 0.7 and the other is 0.8, so one appears as 0.5 and the other is 1.0 when really it is just 0.1 between them.

Local Chinese takeaway which gives typical portions in those foil trays. I have said before these portions are usually a lot bigger than some websites would point them at.

Boiled rice was 300g, chicken & pineapple was 545g. (This is after subtracting the tray weight.)

Going by uncle bens (who say a portion is 125g Vs my 300g)
    http://www.unclebens.co.uk/UncleBens/en-GB/OurRice/Products/Express_Long_Grain_Rice.htm
    147kcal, 0.1g sat fat per 100g
    441kcal, 0.3g sat fat per 300g
    6.5points

There was a decent bit of chicken in it, say 160g chicken leaving 385g sauce which was a sweet & sour type sauce.
    Chicken would be ~120kcal per 100g
    so chicken 192kcal in the portion.

Uncle bens Sweet & Sour with Extra Pineapple
    http://www.unclebens.co.uk/UncleBens/en-GB/Oriental/Products/Sweet_and_Sour_extra_Pineapple.htm
    89kcal per 100g, 0 sat fat
    342kcal in the portion.
    So in all 534kcal for the chicken, and lets say 0.5g sat fat in the fried chicken.
    so 8 points in the chicken dish.

441+534=975kcal and 0.8g sat fat overall. 14 points.

Could have been more sat fat of course can't be sure and I expect the sauce was richer than the uncle bens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paulam

Hi guys,

Can ye help me out please. Recently decided to improve eating habits and try shed a few pounds along d way. I have started to use the WW Discovery Plan. Can someone tell me tho how many points are in slimline milk. From what I can make from the book it says 2 points per 1/2 pint but the carton shows 0.3g saturates and 23 kcal per 100g which according to points calculator wud be more than 2 points. Appreciate any advice. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

1/2 pint (284ml) of skimmed milk (light pink carton) is 1 weight watcher point according to my book

• Advertisement

paulam wrote: »
    carton shows 0.3g saturates and 23 kcal per 100g
    I presume that is per 100ml (though it is close to 100g either way).

284ml per 1/2pint. so 2.84 "100mls"

So 2.84x23kcal=65.32kcal
    2.84x0.3=0.85g

http://points.ogo.ms/

1 point as above, you can shift the decimal so you have 653 and 8.5 which is 11.5points. So really it is 1.15points.

Now a full pint would be 2.3points, so depending on how you round it you could have 2 or 2.5 points.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement