Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priest healing tips and build?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

bluewolf wrote: »
    keep an eye for sunder armor

The tank having a DPS start macro makes things less messy. Sure it's overkill with a good organised group but for PuGs it might be handy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i got myself some of the pvp rewards gladiator gear.
    I went with +damage but am just wondering would this gear cut it if i decided to go back healing at some stage?
    I realise i could have gone for same item/items but with +healing instead of damage.

Or do i need to get proper healing gear allover again?

Id just like to have the option to heal heroics etc if i decide to respec without having to farm vboring pvp gear for healing aswell as dps..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ya need proper +healing, you woul prob get laughed at otherwise

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

aye you will need just +healing gear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

You will probably end up picking up some heroic capable healing gear anyway just from drops that nobody else wants. I know myself from just doing heroics and raiding I ended up getting a reasonable set of damage gear when I was holy, and I imagine its even easier the other way around, because of less people after +healing cloth gear than +damage cloth gear.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys :)

Just wondering roughly how much +healing would i need to heal heroics?
    Ive got +1k atm but working on pvp rewards to increase this, im thinking about 1200-1300 myself but again im no priest expert.

You could do heroics with 1300 healing tbh if you have good mp5, whats your mana per 5 at ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

nesf wrote: »
    The tank having a DPS start macro makes things less messy. Sure it's overkill with a good organised group but for PuGs it might be handy.

lol are you serious
    the only macro i've seen is "attacking now", anything else at a high level should be common sense & using Omen

ofc, dont get me started about lower level pugs =/

You could do heroics with 1300 healing tbh if you have good mp5, whats your mana per 5 at ?

278 mana regen per 5 seconds while not casting

111 while casting

• Advertisement

hummm ill look at your armoury, whats your toons name and realm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I found this website handy for gear before kara:

http://wow-loot.com/priest.htm#bop

Thanks Nix, name is Thiswillhurt realm is Aggrammar.
    Im stuck with 2 epic dps items [had them while i was shadow] but done my best to add plus healing on them till i get better.
    Im not gonna replace them till last i think.
    Gonna get the gladiator shoulders maybe tomorrow,just need 1k honour more.
    I must say im finding the pvp farming a real chore :(
    I rather do a hundred heroic 5 mans to get drops than 10 av tbh.

GStormcrow thanks also,i already use wow loot.
    The problem is im finding the only way to get good gear the way i know ill enjoy is heroics and raids but as healer my gear has just not being up to healing heroics.
    So i thought id farm pvp for some gear to give me +healing.
    When i was shadow i could do heroics no problem as gear isnt as much an issue as healer i feel.

I might get my guild to take me through ramps heroic to see how it goes as healer.
    Atleast that way i wont get pugs shouting at me :P
    armory page here

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&n=Thiswillhurt

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Go level your tailoring and make the Primal Mooncloth set. You may never replace it.

I know m8 but i find professions so boring that its an even worse chore than BG :)
    How long and how much you reckon it would cost?

lol are you serious
    the only macro i've seen is "attacking now", anything else at a high level should be common sense & using Omen

ofc, dont get me started about lower level pugs =/

If you think of it as being there for similar reasons as you get the "Are you sure?" question when you want to format the C: drive it makes more sense. Never underestimate the stupidity of others, it doesn't matter what level they are. They should know better and have Omen installed but the ****ers don't and if you are in the unfortunate position of having to do a lot of PuGs then stuff like this unfortunately becomes sensible. :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If you think of it as being there for similar reasons as you get the "Are you sure?" question when you want to format the C: drive it makes more sense. Never underestimate the stupidity of others, it doesn't matter what level they are. They should know better and have Omen installed but the ****ers don't and if you are in the unfortunate position of having to do a lot of PuGs then stuff like this unfortunately becomes sensible. :/

Fair enough... I've been in some bad pugs but either I've taught em or suffered through really...
    I'm still new to tanking though, as opposed to dpsing, so we'll see ;)

Fair enough... I've been in some bad pugs but either I've taught em or suffered through really...

PuGs are awful. There's nothing worse than the "silent one" turning out to be someone who doesn't know much English etc. I was in one once when most of the chatter in /p was in Danish. The one with good English had to translate the orders for the other two. It was a slow grind through Dire Maul that evening.

PuGs are awful. There's nothing worse than the "silent one" turning out to be someone who doesn't know much English etc. I was in one once when most of the chatter in /p was in Danish. The one with good English had to translate the orders for the other two. It was a slow grind through Dire Maul that evening.

that's what you get for going to DM! hate that place
    neh, most people talk in english on my server so it's one thing that hasn't been an issue...
    though pugs that wont talk are a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

PuGs are awful. There's nothing worse than the "silent one" turning out to be someone who doesn't know much English .

haha everyone can probably relate to that one! the quiet guy - normally a feral druid and tanking ;) , rushes in and ninja pulls when everyone is discussing tactics. everyones like "wtf we told you not to go, dont you speak english", to which the little fuker just keeps replying "yes"... hasnt a clue whats being said!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I think the best pug I ever ran an instance with was almost totally silent lol. Everyone just got on with their jobs and I just chain pulled. I've no problem running instances with a pug once i'm tanking and the healer is at least semi-capable, but i'll rarely join a pug as dps.

Hi guys im just wondering about a build thats effective for pvp and pve.
    Currently im using this build.
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/priest/talents.html?5002220130505122031251230251300300000000000000000000000000000000

Its nice for pvp but id like to run some instances as healer also.
    Do i really need to respec each time?
    Im farming pvp rewards atm hence the current build but i bore of pvp quickly.

I realise im probably asking for the impossible but was thinking a build like this might be a good build for both?
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/priest/talents.html?5012300130500120000000234051002322150501020000000000000000000000

Wreck wrote: »
    I think the best pug I ever ran an instance with was almost totally silent lol. Everyone just got on with their jobs and I just chain pulled. I've no problem running instances with a pug once i'm tanking and the healer is at least semi-capable, but i'll rarely join a pug as dps.

I'm the opposite, I only tank for guild groups with my paladin. Dealing with pug DPS and healers is more pain than it's worth. I'm much more likely to go DPS or healing on my priest though - she's holy at the moment due to finding it almost impossible to find a group as a shadow priest to MrT, geared to roughly Kara level for both specs.

Also, Dcully's last post just reminded me I forgot to spec for Healing Prayers with my most recent 20/41 spec :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'm the opposite, I only tank for guild groups with my paladin. Dealing with pug DPS and healers is more pain than it's worth.

What I find is that as tank you can actually control the group a lot better. When you pug as a healer or dps, I think you rely more on the others in the group than you do as tank. And if dps consistently overaggro while I'm tanking, I have no problem letting them die again and again until they learn they're lesson.

What I find is that as tank you can actually control the group a lot better. When you pug as a healer or dps, I think you rely more on the others in the group than you do as tank. And if dps consistently overaggro while I'm tanking, I have no problem letting them die again and again until they learn they're lesson.

Ye. My friend was tanking and I healing, and we agreed that if the stupid nub-lock kept pulling, she could just die. She learnt... somewhat.

Would agree that you can control the group a lot better as tank, but everything I do can't save the group when the DPS are being gob****es and the healer thinks that constantly healing the nub overaggroing mage is a higher priority than keeping the 16k+ hp wall of plate alive...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

Dont listen to any of the tanks here! Aggro holding is a competition sport.. The winner is whoever's feet the mob dies at.. You aren't going to let some coward who hides behind a shield beat you, are ya?:pac:

Filthy lies and you know it ;)

(Though having just under 550 unbuffed spell damage in threat gear while tanking can be amusing sometimes!)

Ah... as soon as my priest hit 70, finally, I got a bat and flew to mech... in my excitement I forgot to get 70 training... and I was still shadow, healing through it :D much fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Haha

Advertisement