Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priest healing tips and build?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi guys,ok so i got myself some decent pvp rewards and got +healing up to +1350 unbuffed but find my mana regen is poor.
    I realise the pvp gear is stamina heavy with little spirit so im thinking of taking divine spirit to help with my regen at the expense of circle of healing.
    Is this advisable or should i substitute my current +healing gems with +spirit ones?

My main goal for this char is to be able to heal heroics and the odd Kara run but mostly heroics.

Heres my char on armoury http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Thiswillhurt

Note the chest piece was my first reward from when i was going to go the dps route,ive tried to compensate with adding +healing gems.
    Ill get the +healing chest pretty soon anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

To be blunt your mana Regen is **** and I personally wouldn't want you near a heroic group if I was in it. Now that we have gotten that out of the way :D

I would sort out your trinkets first of all, those two are pretty useless and are making things hard on yourself. Possibly a pair of these, don't let the revered with lower city put you off it should be pretty easy from where you are now by doing some Auchindoun instances, getting two of those means you won't have to waste time waiting for good trinket drops. With one of them in each slot you will have an extra 110 +healing to play with and you can take out +healing gems without nerfing yourself too much.

I would swap out some of those +healing gems and throw in some +spirit gems, should keep you going for a bit, but you really need to be looking into to getting some more good PVE gear. Having a few pieces of PVP in there is often a good thing but it shouldn't be the basis of your gear. I would normally say to get moving on the two crafted epic sets but unless you were going to be pretty serious about your priest I don't think grinding the money for them is worthwhile. Best get into Kara and hope you get a few lucky drops and keep slugging away at the heroics.
    As for DS it has a lot to do with personal preference, I swear by IMP-DS but I know plenty of great healers who hate it immensely, try it out and if it doesn't work for you take it out.

Yeah i realise mana regen is poor.
    I doubt im up to spending time and gold into levelling up tailoring tbh,i find professions in general a pain in the backside.
    I reckon my best bet is as you say get them trinkets.
    I healed heroic Steamvaults lastnight with no hassle after respeccing DS and improved DS.
    I find circle of healing is situation dependant ie MgT when theres aoe damage but for now im preferring DS.

Thanks for advice :)

Ok i got healing up to +1430 after taking divine spirit but no coh.
    I healed heroic Sv but did miss coh.
    I then respecced back to coh and replaced +healing gems with the royal nightseye gems for regen to try witout DS so as to keep coh.
    The net result was +healing back to about 1310 and mana regen was nowhere near as good as with DS :(
    Sure i gained coh but regen is crap now :(
    lol shadow was never this much hassle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

TBH mate dont specc CoH untill your comfortable with your mana regen or until your CL asks you too.

I was specced hybrid from kara to SSC/TK, and find it much better than full holy.

CoH only becomes really effective after SSC/TK when you +healing is hitting 2k or so.

Until then just use Prayer of healing, its still a good spell :)

My activity in this forum will soon grind to a hault as ive cancelled my subscription :D

• Advertisement

Yeah i think your right Nix,thanks for that and since you wont be around as much thanks for your help earlier also :)
    Everytime i respec i respec to one of your specs you posted on page 1 of this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

No probs dood, if ya have any additional Q's or whatever just throw a pm my way and ill help ya the best i can. My knowledge should be useful until WOTLK is released :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dcully wrote: »
    Ok i got healing up to +1430 after taking divine spirit but no coh.
    I healed heroic Sv but did miss coh.
    I then respecced back to coh and replaced +healing gems with the royal nightseye gems for regen to try witout DS so as to keep coh.
    The net result was +healing back to about 1310 and mana regen was nowhere near as good as with DS :(
    Sure i gained coh but regen is crap now :(
    lol shadow was never this much hassle :P

I have over 400 mp5 (185 while casting) and +1200 healing; I haven't even started kara yet (just dinged last weekend) but have done heroics
    i havent used coh at all, PoM is all you need ;o

Advertisement