Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM & Jervis Centre haunted?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

How did you you feel at night time on your own in the news room - were you not totally freaked out on your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Thanks a mill for that Psychic-Hack, very interesting, also didn't realise it was the original nurses residence, thought it was totally redesigned for studios and other rooms that go with that.
    Not that it makes much difference though if the modern Marks and Spencers buliding next door experiences the same thing.
    Fascinating stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 paul4690

Ive been hearing ghostly footsteps around the service lift latey, thought nothing of it until last wek wen some of the lads wer talking bout hearing voices and electronic toys(mainly dolls) turning on by themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 R.F.R

My uncle is a sparks, and was working on the electrics when they were originally redeveloping the place and while he was there he swears to have seen a ghostly image of a woman and a small child!

He flipped out and had to take the rest of the day off it freaked him out so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

R.F.R wrote: »
    He flipped out and had to take the rest of the day off it freaked him out so much!

I love that.

Sparks: "Seen a Ghost, going home, union rules"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

I spoke to a former manager of Boots in Jervis who told me about an incident in a locked cash office were money appeared to move on the table on camera on its own.

On another occasion two woman in the same office were carrying out a count of the previous days takings when a portion of a bundle the money they counted disappear off the table in front of them ,despite none of them standing up or moving.

The doors remaind locked and they recounted and confirmed the missing money.

The money was eventually located behind the safe out of arms reach.

And I was informed it took quiet the effort to move the safe to reach the location.Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Haha. That's not weird, that's called thieving!

"No seriously, I didn't take the cash. It was a ghost! I swear!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Haha. That's not weird, that's called thieving!

"No seriously, I didn't take the cash. It was a ghost! I swear!"

:D

Manager seemed to believe them.And considering they were the one's who told him they'd be pretty dumb criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

TechFreak wrote: »
    Manager seemed to believe them.And considering they were the one's who told him they'd be pretty dumb criminals.
    I think I'll still keep my cynical hat on for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hi All,

I used to work there part time. I have never seen anything there but used to be a wierd vibe off the place. Bernie (in the OP's post) is the cleaner and she is a pretty grounded person...not the type pf person to be telling porkies. I will talk to a few friends that work there later and see if they have ever experience anything when they were in the Jervis.

• Advertisement

OK, I was talking to my mate who works there. Apparently there was a ghost in the commercial production studio. One of the news girls often heard it at night. Also they have seen things randomly move on their own. For example one of the news readers went into the studio and the chair was spinning around by itself!! There was no one else in the place as its the night shift.

I will talk to a few more people and see if they have any stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Whats the building being used for now, the Today FM studios, not Arnotts

Grimes wrote: »
    Whats the building being used for now, the Today FM studios, not Arnotts

I am not 100% sure but think it has not been filled yet. Probably due to the old economic recession

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I've heard stories of unexplained incidents from an ex who used to work in M&S and had no belief in the paranormal whatsoever. Apparently alot of the staff experienced things and didn't like to be in the store room on their own because of the "atmosphere".

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

I used to work there and you'd be walking along the service corridors late in the eveing by yourself... My god its as unnerving as anything Iv ever experienced!!! My gran said that the mental aslyum section of the college used to be there or up where the bridal shop is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Yeah I listened to fm104 when the were in the show window for charity, if I'm not mistaken It was in the jervis.A man rang in and told a story of a woman that had died there.He rang in because jeremy had said he heard weird noises while he had been staying there.

tbh I wouldnt believe a thing that comes out of that jeremy fellas mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Yeah I listened to fm104 when the were in the show window for charity, if I'm not mistaken It was in the jervis.A man rang in and told a story of a woman that had died there.He rang in because jeremy had said he heard weird noises while he had been staying there.

tbh I wouldnt believe a thing that comes out of that jeremy fellas mouth

Agreed. Everytime Ive heard him talking about something, he just talks through his [EMAIL="h@le"]h@le[/EMAIL]. Why do these people get on the radio at all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

*bump*

A friend of mine dads a cleaner in the Jervis shoping center. He had some scary incidents there recently and one of the security lads uploaded some cctv footage.

It's 6.10am and one apple hits him from the smoothie bar and then the other one moves around the floor.

From the same Youtube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

thems interesting vids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

@Stomprockin - That is very strange. Are you sure now that nobody set it up as a prank? As in, having someone hidden behind the smoothie bar with a piece of string attached to the apple and pineapple to make them fall at strange angles and move around 'at will'?

It's odd how, in the first video, after the apple falls and rolls a bit (like you'd expect), it keeps rolling around the floor. The guy with the mop is even facing it while it's rolling around at one point. He obviously sees it. AFAIK, that landing's gradient is even, so why does it continue to roll in several directions?

The pineapple in the second video falls at a strange angle. It looks like it almost 'directs' itself over to the right (our right) of the smoothie bar instead of just falling directly below where it was positioned.

Ruling out the possibility that this is a prank, it's definitely very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

It's interesting, but the fruit falls from in same direction both times somebody could be sitting under the counter on the side that faces away from the camera pulling them down. Still if I was the cleaning man I'd have run away! Did anyone else notice the dates on the videos seem to be exactly a month apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It may be coincidental, but i notice that at 2.54 on the pineapple vid, there is some sort of, what appears to be, a reflection of a light possibly from outside on the white square in the bottom left hand corner of the video.
    What makes it odd is how the pineapple appears to fall about 5 seconds afterwards. This flash reflection doesnt seem to happen again on either videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Is it possible the fruit was falling down because of vibrations from a fridge or other equipment behind the bar? A ventilation system nearby too? Never knew Jervis shopping centre was suppose to be haunted. I thought the Ilac library was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

couldnt that be a door further down wherever the wall on the bottom left leads to? the bit of light on the wall is light coming through an open doorway? If a security guard or someone opened a door, the draught could have knocked over the pineapple. Im not familiar with the jervis centre so I dont know if there is a door there.
    CMpunked wrote: »
    It may be coincidental, but i notice that at 2.54 on the pineapple vid, there is some sort of, what appears to be, a reflection of a light possibly from outside on the white square in the bottom left hand corner of the video.
    What makes it odd is how the pineapple appears to fall about 5 seconds afterwards. This flash reflection doesnt seem to happen again on either videos.

@Stomprockin - That is very strange. Are you sure now that nobody set it up as a prank? As in, having someone hidden behind the smoothie bar with a piece of string attached to the apple and pineapple to make them fall at strange angles and move around 'at will'?

It's odd how, in the first video, after the apple falls and rolls a bit (like you'd expect), it keeps rolling around the floor. The guy with the mop is even facing it while it's rolling around at one point. He obviously sees it. AFAIK, that landing's gradient is even, so why does it continue to roll in several directions?

The pineapple in the second video falls at a strange angle. It looks like it almost 'directs' itself over to the right (our right) of the smoothie bar instead of just falling directly below where it was positioned.

Ruling out the possibility that this is a prank, it's definitely very strange.

From what i heard from my friend it's no prank, that's what i thought when i first saw the video. He said his dad would of sussed it, he could tell by the way he was talking to him later that morning that His dad was serious.

I can only presume that there would be x amount of security working at that time and cleaners, so everyone would know where everyone is at i guess?
    His dad legged it in the first minute of the video. in the video description it says he got hit by an apple but i can't see it in the video?. Maybe an email to the guy who uploaded them might explain more.

Interesting all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stemah

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭runway16

Pretty amazed to see this thread!

I have never liked the Jervis centre, and anytime I am in there, i've always wanted to get out as quickly as possible. It's just one of those places where I get a bad feeling, especially on the first floor. The area at the top of the first escalator, where you meet the walkway from the Luas stop on abbey street always gives me the creeps....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

From what i heard from my friend it's no prank, that's what i thought when i first saw the video. He said his dad would of sussed it, he could tell by the way he was talking to him later that morning that His dad was serious.

I can only presume that there would be x amount of security working at that time and cleaners, so everyone would know where everyone is at i guess?
    His dad legged it in the first minute of the video. in the video description it says he got hit by an apple but i can't see it in the video?. Maybe an email to the guy who uploaded them might explain more.

Interesting all the same.

Can you tell us some of what your friends dad has experienced while working there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭runway16

runway16 wrote: »
    Pretty amazed to see this thread!

I have never liked the Jervis centre, and anytime I am in there, i've always wanted to get out as quickly as possible. It's just one of those places where I get a bad feeling, especially on the first floor. The area at the top of the first escalator, where you meet the walkway from the Luas stop on abbey street always gives me the creeps....

When I posted the above last night, I was using a work pc which was blocking the YouTube vids. Now on my laptop, I can see them, and is just the area I was talking about......freaky!

Advertisement