Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH and Ladies Lounge Beers (4th April) - Updated with pictures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

No, the Ladies scare me
    DesF wrote: »
    Have you been to any of the reunion nights? Cecil does be the dj :D
    No and I don't think I would particularly want to wither
    I hated when they changed it to "Club G" :rolleyes: and started playing pop music, the bastards.
    No idea I had stopped going by that point and had started going to clubs in town, ah the days when fake id's were only stuck to only one side of a bus ticket and you still got in
    I kissed a particular girl there who I'd give anything to see again. I don't even know her name :(
    eh, if she was that easy that she kissed you chances are she at least 4-5 kids by different fathers at this stage:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No, the Brothers Scare me
    jsb wrote: »
    eh, if she was that easy that she kissed you chances are she at least 4-5 kids by different fathers at this stage:D
    Are you saying only easy burds kiss me?

I'd retract that before a certan somebody arrives in to work dude.

Just a friendly warning. :)

No, the Ladies scare me
    actually I am still trying to figure out why she is going out with you? Are you drugging her by any chance:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Are you saying only easy burds kiss me?

I'd retract that before a certan somebody arrives in to work dude.

Just a friendly warning. :)

Oh dear ... he's pushing the boat out there :rolleyes:
    actually I am still trying to figure out why she is going out with you? Are you drugging her by any chance:D:D

Stop digging a hole for yoreself ... if IB takes offence, she has the perfect opportunity to chop you up and sell you off for dodgy burgers. She won't even need the Strike Farce for that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Be afraid, VERY afraid! :eek: Note to self, ignore offers of burgers from IB at any beers! :p

• Advertisement

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Be afraid, VERY afraid! :eek: Note to self, ignore offers of burgers from IB at any beers! :p
    They'd probably be veggie ones :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

They'd probably be veggie ones :eek::eek:

Exactly. Be afraid!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh God the Grove, I think I only went there twice, I was a good girl.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

This is mad. It's looking like nearly every one is from the one area. With one or two from outside of Dubland.

I'm a country boy (not bogger) from the wonderful (snigger) county Carlow. The keen eyed among you will probably have deduced that from my sig......
    Sure I work in an agricultural machinery company but I don't own land or animals (my madra doesn't count) and have no interest in quotas and the likes.

The reason I am saying all of this is, if I were to attend, would I be one of only a handful of people not from Dubland, and even worse not from the specific area of Dubland that everybody appears to be from even!

Going back to page 6/7 of this thread, I will be going it alone if I am going too. *Grumble

Thing is Don I've met Des and I don't think we knew each other, plus thats like 5 or 6 people from the northside, there was over 30 at the last meet.. there's going to be 40 or so i reckon at this one, and I'm raging I'll miss it! The one on the 7th better be good:D
    And going in alone isn't bad at all, I wandered in along didn't know anyone so I looked for the milk, it wasn't hard to spot.

• Advertisement

No, the Ladies scare me
    Don1 wrote: »
    The reason I am saying all of this is, if I were to attend, would I be one of only a handful of people not from Dubland, and even worse not from the specific area of Dubland that everybody appears to be from even!

Going back to page 6/7 of this thread, I will be going it alone if I am going too. *Grumble

God know there are lots of people who live else where coming as only a small few of us where actually re living our child hood years. So you will be fine.

Oh and just to clarify a point. yes you are a bogger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I'm from Sligo and I'm not aware of anyone else from here heading up don so you won't be the only person outside of the clique.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I am choosing to ignore all the above comments for now but i would suggest you all watch out at the next beers - actually, i was with the burgers last at Rhianna..........

Don, i am not from Dublin, you can come and talk to me but you are not allowed talk to Roar.ie he is a tratior

Sound everyone. jsb, them's fightin words! :D Apart from a slight accent (can't do a whole lot about that now can I! Plus where I work is making it worse! :( ) I wouldn't class myself at all as a bogger, much in the same way as I wouldn't dare brand everyone inside the M50 as a scumbag or whatever we are referring to them as now.

I'd say I'm about 75%+ going now. Finances will be in order by then (provided I don't get fired or anything :D ) so it's just a matter of me organising actually going, which incidentally is my biggest hurdle, what with me being a lazy bastid and stuff!!!

This is mad. It's looking like nearly every one is from the one area. With one or two from outside of Dubland.
    Nope, only a couple of us from in and around the same place. I don't know GJ or jsb at all. DJ Spider is only living in the place a wet week.
    I'm a country boy (not bogger)
    :confused: Anyone from outside Dublin is a Bogger tbh.

That's the way it is.
    Oh and just to clarify a point. yes you are a bogger:D
    See?
    takola wrote: »
    I'm from Sligo and I'm not aware of anyone else from here heading up don so you won't be the only person outside of the clique.
    :eek: There isn't a clique?

BGRH is one of the least cligue-y forums I hvae encountered on Boards tbh.
    irishbird wrote: »
    at Rhianna..........
    Can I stand under your umbrella-ella-ella-ey-hey-hey?
    I'd say I'm about 75%+ going now. Finances will be in order by then (provided I don't get fired or anything :D ) so it's just a matter of me organising actually going, which incidentally is my biggest hurdle, what with me being a lazy bastid and stuff!!!
    Have you got someplace to stay?

No, the Ladies scare me
    Have you got someplace to stay?

It probably depends on how lucky he is that night;)

It probably depends on how lucky he is that night;)
    Which reminds me...who got lucky the last night? :confused:

(apart from me :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

:eek: There isn't a clique?

BGRH is one of the least cligue-y forums I hvae encountered on Boards tbh.

I think I may have used the wrong word there.

You all know each other from the beers or from living in Dublin. And while everyone is lovely here and always friendly and open to newcomers (And boggers :D), I could see why someone from outside of dublin (me being one of those someone's) would be nervous at the idea of heading up on their own.

If you look at it from the perspective of someone going to their first beers. Nearly all the regulars in here have met each other either at the last beers or from work or somewhere.

No, the Ladies scare me

You all know each other from the beers or from living in Dublin.

Well I have only met the people here once at that was at the last beers. As for us knowing each other from Dublin I think if nothing we all found out we use to live roughly near each other but had never met before. So we still don't know each other bar from the last beers and talking on line

DesF: no place to stay as yet. When I'm more sure about going I'll get a guest house or cheap hotel or something. The reason I say cheap is not because I'm a poor student or that, it's because as jsb pointed out, it depends on how lucky one gets where one stays. Why have an expensive hotel when you are trying to sneak out the upstairs window of some young wans house?! :D

• Advertisement

You all know each other from the beers or from living in Dublin. And while everyone is lovely here and always friendly and open to newcomers (And boggers :D), I could see why someone from outside of dublin (me being one of those someone's) would be nervous at the idea of heading up on their own.

If you look at it from the perspective of someone going to their first beers. Nearly all the regulars in here have met each other either at the last beers or from work or somewhere.
    Ah, I getcha alright.

The first BGRH Beers in November, none of us knew each other (well, apart from IB and Slo). I nearly didn't even go :eek: I can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't walked into the Long Stone that night. It literally changed my life (I met IB AWWWWWWWWW :D).

We all got on really well, and we(I)organised another BGRH Beers for just after Xmas, more people came to that one, again we had a great night, so we organised another beers for February, and bleedin' loads of people came to that :eek: Again, such a god night that there are currently 2 BGRH Beers being organised, one next week, and one in April. It's great.

There's no need to be shy at all. Everyone is really friendly and easy to get on with, sure I'm the same here as I am in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

but that doesn't make sense. Dublin is a big place. It's not like it's a little village where everyone knows everyone else, over a million people live here. I can safely say the only BGRH person I had any connection is brother tom, who by complete coincidence I work with (we found out about a month after he started who each other was). Nobody else works together. If it wasn't for boards I wouldn't ever have met any of the others.

We all had a first time where we didn't know anyone. That's just a cop out. All are welcome and I think anyone who has been to a beers was made feel welcome.

Takola everyone is a noob at beers at some stage, next week will only be my second time meeting the weirdos...:D

Ah DesF, i hope your life changed in a good way though:eek:

can i also point out that i did in fact know Slo from the real world, not in a friend way, but i didnt know this until the beers.

I am not from Dublin myself but most of the brothers let this pass :)

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Takola everyone is a noob at beers at some stage, next week will only be my second time meeting the weirdos...:D
    Will you be doing more art and crafts before you come in?

irishbird wrote: »
    Ah DesF, i hope your life changed in a good way though:eek:
    Of course :confused:

Will you be doing more art and crafts before you come in?

Hmmmm well its not required this time is it?
    Also depends on how bored, busy, lazy I am next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

No, the Ladies scare me
    So, where are you from then?
    Hardmore...ah the days in the green!
    Doss-mini...was there for 3 years. first 3 in St. Aidans...hell on earth i used to call it....
    GinnyJo wrote: »
    Oh God the Grove, I think I only went there twice, I was a good girl.:D
    I went once, scarred for life too!:D

Einstein wrote: »
    Hardmore...
    lol:D
    Einstein wrote: »
    I went once, scarred for life too!:D
    By The Grove? :eek:

Best dishco in Dublin for, like, thirty years.

• Advertisement

lads, take over here.....................> http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

i am bored with your Reminiscing

Advertisement