Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH and Ladies Lounge Beers (4th April) - Updated with pictures

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

No, the Brothers Scare me
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Absolutely. Ask any of the girls who attended the last one. If you don't want to walk in on your own, you can arrange to meet some of the Ladies/Brothers (just not DesF).

We are actually nice people, and very welcoming.

Be afraid, be VERY afraid, remember in Dublin, no-one can hear you scream! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

I'm definately there, with bells on and foooooooooooddddddd you are so organised i'm surprised ;) but when it comes to alcohol and ahem dodgeeeey dancing and the company who wouldn't want to go:confused:

Count me in :D

DesF wrote: »
    That's not quite true, ya know.

I was dancin' in Messrs at the Xmas beers too :D By myself :(:(

Thought we were in the mercantile? Or was that the mods beers? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Be afraid, be VERY afraid, remember in Dublin, no-one can hear you scream! :eek:

Now what have I told you before about scaring the n00bs?

We are nice.
    LilyM1980 wrote: »
    I'm definately there, with bells on and foooooooooooddddddd you are so organised i'm surprised ;) but when it comes to alcohol and ahem dodgeeeey dancing and the company who wouldn't want to go:confused:

Count me in :D

Don't forget to vote in the poll so we have accurate(ish) numbers.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Now what have I told you before about scaring the n00bs?

Ummm.....nothing! LOL I was a n00b last time so just getting my own back! In fact my advice to anyone who has never attended one of these jolly's is run away now! no seriously, I didn't know hardly any of the brothers that were at the last beers apart from the ones that were at xmas beers. (sorry too much guinness to remember who!) but I think at least 6 came up to me and introduced themselves.

So come on all you lurkers/n00bs/wimmins/whatever join us for fun, food, & free beer! Well OK not the last one but the others anyway!

DJ Spider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Zaph wrote: »
    Brownies too??? Now whatever about the banoffi, I really don't think I could take the crushing disappointment if the brownies were a no-show.

Br Zaph, are you going to be at the beers on the 7th?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jules wrote: »
    Br Zaph, are you going to be at the beers on the 7th?

Unless I master the art of bilocation between then and now, unfortunately not. I'll be ensconced in a beer hall somewhere in Munich with a stein of something local and delicious in one hand and one of them giant pretzels in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Zaph wrote: »
    Unless I master the art of bilocation between then and now, unfortunately not. I'll be ensconced in a beer hall somewhere in Munich with a stein of something local and delicious in one hand and one of them giant pretzels in the other.

[NOT JEALOUS]

Oh dear. That is a shame. Too bad. Hopefully you will have some fun in Munich

[/NOT JEALOUS]

SRSLY ... enjoy :)

Ah okies... Now dont take this the wrong way but what kinda nuts do you prefere? For the brownies?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Ah okies... Now dont take this the wrong way but what kinda nuts do you prefere? For the brownies?

Ummm .... hashnuts. Definitely the hashnuts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

JULES.... NUTS DO NOT BELONG IN CAKE!!

Sorry for shouting but I feel very strongly about this. I'd consider myself a cake expert (see tagline) and nuts just ruin the choclately goodness! There's no place for fruit or nuts in cakes or desserts! :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll go! and bring some condensed milk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thought we were in the mercantile? Or was that the mods beers? :confused:
    Crossed wires, apologies.

I meant the Xmas BGRH Beers, which were in Messrs, you mean the Xmas Boards Beers, which were in the Merc. :)

watna wrote: »

Sorry for shouting but I feel very strongly about this. I'd consider myself a cake expert (see tagline) and nuts just ruin the choclately goodness! There's no place for fruit or nuts in cakes or desserts! :D

I would like to think of myself as the same but ya have to have nuts in brownies, but if its a no then i wont, jesus just thought what if someone was allergic to them.... WOOPS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Have to agree with crazy Meercat lady, nuts in chocolate is a big no no

I'm glad you clarified that!

Nut free is fine by me, but if you're adding some then chopped hazelnuts would be my choice please.

trout wrote: »

[NOT JEALOUS]

Oh dear. That is a shame. Too bad. Hopefully you will have some fun in Munich

[/NOT JEALOUS]

SRSLY ... enjoy :)

Well I'll do my best to enjoy myself. :D

Going to see Bayern on Saturday week. It'll be a good chance to see if I've finally forgiven them for the 1975 European Cup final. ;)

Why do we say 'nutty as a fruitcake'? There are no nuts in that either! Also seeing as I have never met a chocolate I don't like, I agree no nuts, not even brother toms! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I will go.

This time in a tracksuit

BTW have we decided on a venue for the March 7th beers or is it now cancelled/combined with this jolly?

• Advertisement

BTW have we decided on a venue for the March 7th beers or is it now cancelled/combined with this jolly?
    I hope it's not combined.

Yer man the fitness mod is organising 7th March one, I'd presume he's looking for suggestions for a venue though?

I hope it's not combined.

Yer man the fitness mod is organising 7th March one, I'd presume he's looking for suggestions for a venue though?

He probably wants to have it in the juice bar in Total Fitness or some nonsense like that.

Actually Westwood Gym in Clontarf has a very popular bar next to it. Barcode i think it's called. Always lots of people streaming out of it when I come past after my gigs about 1AM!

But too close to the gym for us brothers! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

a collegue of mine that works in the bull and castle has just reserved an area for us:)

Was gonna say I could ask Geoff or Declan to organise a space for us, but I see my name-drop skills are not needed here :D

microgirl wrote: »
    Was gonna say I could ask Geoff or Declan to organise a space for us, but I see my name-drop skills are not needed here :D
    microgirl: wrote:
    Um, is it ok for someone who's not really an active member of either board (occasional lurker on BGRH), neither knows nor is known by any of the members, but who really likes her beer to come along and quiver in a corner in the manner of a frightened rabbit?

So you will know the barmen then? not so timid now eh?! LOL Just joking, we will give you a warm reception and welcome you into the fold that is BGRH/LL. But I'm afraid we can't let you leave, you're one of us now! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

I, like totally can't decide
    Folks this sounds like its going to be a blast damn the 10000km's :(

Will get to one once land back in paddyland :D

Actually Westwood Gym in Clontarf has a very popular bar next to it. Barcode i think it's called. Always lots of people streaming out of it when I come past after my gigs about 1AM!

But too close to the gym for us brothers! :eek:
    :eek::eek:

Definitely NOT barcode.

Unless you want to spend the evening chasing mouldy drunk jailbait?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

No, the Ladies scare me

shhhhh, there probably are a few who wouldn't mind doing exactly that

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

:eek::eek:

Definitely NOT barcode.

AHEM

• Advertisement

irishbird wrote: »
    AHEM
    er...what?

I don't go to Barcode, I haven't been there in at least three years.

Jaysis, my 21 y/o sister goes sometimes and says she feels old.

No, sorry. I don't like the younger wimmins ;);)

Advertisement