Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priest objecting to marriage?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

At the same time I wouldn't encourage shopping around for churches which are more lenient than others. The Church is a place for 2 people who feel they want to become one under God through marriage. One should be serious about the commitment they are making to God as well as to the spouse they marry also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Jakkass wrote: »
    At the same time I wouldn't encourage shopping around for churches which are more lenient than others. The Church is a place for 2 people who feel they want to become one under God through marriage. One should be serious about the commitment they are making to God as well as to the spouse they marry also.

Good advice. Be careful not to fall into the trap of looking for a church where YOU tell God the way you want to worship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Cantab. wrote: »
    I seriously hope you are not intending getting married in a RC church with this hanging over you. If you're serious about the Catholic faith, you need to start making ammends.

But if you're not, I don't see why or how the Church should facilitate you.

- that was my whole point:cool:
    Am seriously doubting that will be the case now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

and is that such a disaster?

• Advertisement
Advertisement