Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Feed Up

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Are they (TP) trying to get a license to use it?

Whilst Tallaghtfornia may meet the criteria, its quite a soulless place.

I'm not aware of any application for a licence.

I was making the point, well in my opinion anyway, that TP is a better ground that Tallaght. Also, I was making the blind assumption that TP would qualify for Group Stages matches, given its seating capacity, floodlights, general facilities, etc.

On some forums, some posters always refer to Tallaght as the best LOI ground. I would go for TP as both Shams and Limerick are in the same boat - paying tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Shams are there for the long haul though.

Limerick are only in Thomond temporarily

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Feed Up

Henlars67 wrote: »
    Shams are there for the long haul though.

Limerick are only in Thomond temporarily

Agreed, but they are still tenants.

According to sky, Ian baraclough is the new manager of Motherwell!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

zorro2566 wrote: »
    According to sky, Ian baraclough is the new manager of Motherwell!

He is. Was in the stands for their last match under caretaker manager today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Are there any specific Sligo Rovers online supporters forums/message boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

The forum is here: http://www.sligorovers.co/forum/index.php
    Usual forum rules apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

Apologies for not knowing the history but why did Rovers sack Baraclough after he appeared to do so well.

Also does anyone think Motherwell have got a good manager? He seems quite impressive in interviews so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Chelon wrote: »
    Apologies for not knowing the history but why did Rovers sack Baraclough after he appeared to do so well.

Also does anyone think Motherwell have got a good manager? He seems quite impressive in interviews so far.
    His signings were terrible and his football wasn't very exciting. The budget he had meant Rovers should have been doing a lot better last season. He did well in 2012 with the squad Paul Cook had left behind (not saying Cook would have won league with them) when he moved to Accrington a few days before the start of the season, but if Baraclough has to make his own signings I wouldn't trust his judgement on players...or expect to see good football.

Rovers definitely made the right decision in letting him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Exiledrover

In your opinion

• Advertisement

In your opinion
    My username is above the post so yes it is obviously my opinion, I would have thought that was fairly clear?

Sounds like you disagree with my opinion, so instead of a pointless post which adds nothing to the discussion, why not give your opinion and say why or what part you disagree with?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

thebuzz wrote: »
    His signings were terrible and his football wasn't very exciting. The budget he had meant Rovers should have been doing a lot better last season. He did well in 2012 with the squad Paul Cook had left behind (not saying Cook would have won league with them) when he moved to Accrington a few days before the start of the season, but if Baraclough has to make his own signings I wouldn't trust his judgement on players...or expect to see good football.

Rovers definitely made the right decision in letting him go.

There was also some bad judgements made off the pitch.

There was also some bad judgements made off the pitch.
    Care to be more specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

thebuzz wrote: »
    Care to be more specific?

Afraid not, fools rush in and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

Had a winning start yesterday with the 'Well

After Saturdays night draw in the League against Cork, its League Cup action tonight against Mayo League. Expecting an experimental side with already a few injuries in the Squad, even at just €10 in, might not expect the same crowd though.

Jake Dykes saving us on the line there.

<phew>

Edit

Nielsen makes it 1-0 for Rovers.

FT. 8-0

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Good man for dusting this thread off. Don't think I've posted here meself since I snuck into the soccer forum last summer.

Anyway, injuries and suspensions will determine our final league position imo, man for man I think we are a top four side. It's early days but I think Heary will prove to be a very shrewd appointment on the part of the MC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Have to agree with all your sentiments there.
    Seems a greater positivity among the fans let alone the squad this year and that is down to a good MC and manager.

• Advertisement

Good man for dusting this thread off. Don't think I've posted here meself since I snuck into the soccer forum last summer.

Anyway, injuries and suspensions will determine our final league position imo, man for man I think we are a top four side. It's early days but I think Heary will prove to be a very shrewd appointment on the part of the MC.

Haven't looked at the full squad profile, but i understand there is quite a few under 19s, a few of which are already on loan. Not dismissing their ability, but a few injuies to our senior and more experienced players, and we will be taking from whats left. With already a couple of injuries that could be quite likely.

On the recent ground improvements, I see we have new dug outs, the tunnel gates replaced by double glazed doors, and astroturf all around. Good to see we are maintaining our status as one of, if not the best ground in the country.

Early kickoff this evening. 5.45pm. Desperately need a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Jaysus, this is bad. Get the feeling they're not playing for Heary. There is a distinct lack of enthusiasm on the pitch when we don't have the ball.

Jaysus, this is bad. Get the feeling they're not playing for Heary. There is a distinct lack of enthusiasm on the pitch when we don't have the ball.

Very hard to watch last night. Bottom of the league now.

:(

A long season ahead. My first game of the season last night and it was a terrible performance. Not a great crowd either for Good Friday.

SPM1959 wrote: »
    A long season ahead. My first game of the season last night and it was a terrible performance. Not a great crowd either for Good Friday.

Thought there might have been more considering the time it was at, and not a lot else on considering the day it was. But suppose recent performances, and the weather kept them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Bray, down to 10 men, away from home, and with a back room staff walk out won without getting out of second gear.

1700 home fans, 12 or so bray fans.. Shït atmosphere from the start.

Think we need our own back room clear out! And he can bring his son with him!!!!

Bray, down to 10 men, away from home, and with a back room staff walk out won without getting out of second gear.

1700 home fans, 12 or so bray fans.. Shït atmosphere from the start.

Think we need our own back room clear out! And he can bring his son with him!!!!

Yes, forgot Bray was playing under a caretaker manager. Was pretty bad when their fans were making more noise than ours.

Would like some clarification though on the rules re our sending off, the Bray keeper did not have full control over the ball, as was only holding it with one hand, so was Ward not entittled to head it out off his hands?

Although it was still a very risky move and the referees reaction showed it.

Slightly off-topic but have Forza stopped doing their banners? First game in a while last night and was kind of looking forward to seeing what they were going to do.

• Advertisement

From my vantage point last night, i think i remember seeing banners laid out, but nothing raised as the teams came on. Work commitments have only allowed me to get to two home games in all competition, but would definitely expect them to do something.

Advertisement