Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

On twitter forza said they have a temporary forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 theMoanyOne

Banter set up another free forum, there is a proper forum starting at SligoRovers[dot]co

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

6781 wrote: »
    Yet when Sean McGuire showed signs of improving under Coleman he didn't look to extend his contract. Had he one eye on the Stanley job?
    If he had to extend his loan any further it would have meant Maguire couldn't play from the end of October (when league of Ireland finishes) until January when the UK transfer window re-opens so that's why it wasn't looked at.
    Banter set up another free forum, there is a proper forum starting at SligoRovers[dot]co
    What's a 'proper' forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

prodsc wrote: »
    It seems the hosting site has gone altogether.

Yes, FreeForums have been taken down. Rovers' forum went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

R_overs1 wrote: »
    Yes, FreeForums have been taken down. Rovers' forum went with it.

As Moany said new forum at Sligorovers.co. Looks quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

As Moany said new forum at Sligorovers.co. Looks quite good.
    Any link to that, i can't find it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

red sean wrote: »
    Just add www. Infront of it and you'll get it

sligorovers.co/forum. Try that.

Thanks tommy.

Thanks tommy.

No problem. Did it work for you?

• Advertisement

Ya. Worked perfect. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Good win against UCD at the weekend, hopefully after a disappointing season, we can end it on a high.

I see we also have a friendly arranged against Accrington, must have been part of the severance deal.

:rolls eyes:

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I see we also have a friendly arranged against Accrington, must have been part of the severance deal.

:rollseyes:
    No it wasn't. They agreed to come over for the official opening of the Sean Fallon centre.

The amount of people giving out about this friendly is ridiculous, it's a chance for the club to make a bit of extra money, what's the harm in it?

thebuzz wrote: »
    No it wasn't. They agreed to come over for the official opening of the Sean Fallon centre.

The amount of people giving out about this friendly is ridiculous, it's a chance for the club to make a bit of extra money, what's the harm in it?

Not giving out, it was meant as sarcasim. At the moment any money the club gets is a bonus considering the poor form this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

On the subject of much needed, extra income; it seems the club are due another 30k from UEFA. Apparently the money is derived from clubs that were fined for breaching FFP rules which is then redistributed to the clubs who participated in all UEFA's European competitions, including us.

http://www.joe.ie/football/league-of-ireland/four-league-of-ireland-clubs-are-set-to-get-over-e30000-each-because-of-financial-fair-play/

Two-all away to bohs last night. That should just be enough to secure fifth.

In others news - we were on the news!:D

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/2014/1010/651535-sean-fallon/

Two-all away to bohs last night. That should just be enough to secure fifth.

In others news - we were on the news!:D

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/2014/1010/651535-sean-fallon/

Would love to see the Club House and player/fan facilities eventually built on the Old Shed End. Although cant see it any time soon.

As for claiming the Finest Ground in the country, I thought we always were, atleast for the last few years anyway.

In terms of match day facilities Tallaght is the best equipped. I could be wrong but I think they are the only LOI ground fit for uefa tournaments like the Europa group stages.

That being said, in terms of training facilities we are quite a bit ahead of the rest. The addition of the new training pitch and five a side pitch really underpins that. We are absolutely blessed to have a home as big as the Showgrounds. It's taken a long time for us to exploit it's full potential but we're getting there.

In terms of match day facilities Tallaght is the best equipped. I could be wrong but I think they are the only LOI ground fit for uefa tournaments like the Europa group stages.

That being said, in terms of training facilities we are quite a bit ahead of the rest. The addition of the new training pitch and five a side pitch really underpins that. We are absolutely blessed to have a home as big as the Showgrounds. It's taken a long time for us to exploit it's full potential but we're getting there.

Did they not have to install temporary seating behind the goals to make it so when they qualified for the groups previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭red bellied

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Did they not have to install temporary seating behind the goals to make it so when they qualified for the groups previously?

They did and if by a miracle Rovers ever qualified for the Europa League the same would probably suffice for the Showgrounds plus an upgrade on the Jinks Avenue floodlights and may be some other minor upgrades. I believe if they did ever qualify and Rovers really pushed for the Showgrounds, UEFA would give special dispensation and pass the ground.

• Advertisement

First order of business should be putting a roof over the new railway stand. I think capacity wise we are ok at the moment as we very rarely sell out a game. But I would worry about the seats in the new stand being left exposed to the Irish weather for too long. There are plenty of examples of this kind of deterioration in other LOI grounds where unroofed stands begin to crumble under constant wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭red bellied

First order of business should be putting a roof over the new railway stand. I think capacity wise we are ok at the moment as we very rarely sell out a game. But I would worry about the seats in the new stand being left exposed to the Irish weather for too long. There are plenty of examples of this kind of deterioration in other LOI grounds where unroofed stands begin to crumble under constant wind and rain.

This won't be happening in the near future and Europe money now gone from the club coffers, the European campaign this year generated 350,000. It will depend on Rovers been successful again on the pitch according to Kelly the chairman for a roof over the Railway end and a toilet block either side. I heard if Rovers had beaten Rosenberg it might have well happened sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Sligo boh's it's starting to look like Heary seem to be signing all his old club

Wearen is an excellent signing regardless of what club he came from. Suprised we managed to snap him up tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Was going to buy the new jersey today but when I saw the state of the sponsor with the pink iron on square around it I decided not to spend my money on it. It looks really cheap and takes away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Felt the same, the quality of the shirts was not great.

I was looking at getting someone the shirt as a present but I will probably get a Man Utd shirt as the quality was so poor.

dingding wrote: »
    Felt the same, the quality of the shirts was not great.

I was looking at getting someone the shirt as a present but I will probably get a Man Utd shirt as the quality was so poor.
    I agree the jersey is terrible but why is the alternative to buy an English's teams jersey? Enough of them floating about as it is. There's other Sligo Rovers stuff available - Jumpers, polo-shirts, training tops, jackets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Feed Up

Would have thought that Thomond Park was a better ground than Tallaght. Also, without looking up the facts and figures, TP should pass the UEFA criteria.

• Advertisement

Feed Up wrote: »
    Would have thought that Thomond Park was a better ground than Tallaght. Also, without looking up the facts and figures, TP should pass the UEFA criteria.

Are they (TP) trying to get a license to use it?

Whilst Tallaghtfornia may meet the criteria, its quite a soulless place.

Advertisement