Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

Well done , the Rovers! Great away result in Europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

My pessimism was unfounded.:D

Rosenberg 1 - 2 Rovers.

These are the days that you live for with another chapter added to our recent history. These last few years have been dizzying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

What a fantastic win for Sligo Rovers! Well done boys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Its fantastic. Watched the match, been following the other matches since, and kept checking the Sligo score to see it it changes. Unbelievable stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Well done Rovers.

Now finish the job!

Funny tweet, after Pats and Sligo exploits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Draw for the 3rd Rd Qualifer is later today, should we win the tie, we will be seeded. Thanking Oat23 from the soccer forum for the list of teams

Table below is just the group of teams we are in, and that we can get drawn against. We can only be drawn against a none seeded side, in theory should mean an easier draw.

Seeded teams

FC Chornomorets Odesa (UKR)
    FC Luzern (SUI)/Saint Johnstone FC (SCO)
    Rosenborg BK (NOR)/Sligo Rovers FC (IRL)
    JK Sillamäe Kalev (EST)/FC Krasnodar (RUS)
    Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)
    1. FSV Mainz 05 (GER)

None Seeded Teams

FK Mladá Boleslav (CZE)/NK Široki Brijeg (BIH)
    PFC Litex Lovech (BUL)/ Diósgyőri VTK (HUN)
    RNK Split (CRO)/Hapoel Beer Sheva FC (ISR) 
    FC Zestafoni (GEO)/FC Spartak Trnava (SVK) 
    Kardemir Karabükspor (TUR)
    RoPS Rovaniemi (FIN)/Asteras Tripolis FC (GRE) 

Pats in the Champions League, and Derry and Dundalk also in the Europa League are also in the draws today, to see who they face next should they qualify. Good luck to all.

Kardemir Karabükspor from Turkey

:D

Assuming we beat Rosenborg next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

We don't have a prayer against Rosenberg but that doesn't really matter.

And what a difference a week makes. I'd safely say nobody gave us a chance against them. One of the best European results for any LOI team for many a long year.:)

And what a difference a week makes. I'd safely say nobody gave us a chance against them. One of the best European results for any LOI team for many a long year.:)

And tickets now flying out the door for next weeks return leg. Amazing what a win can do.

• Advertisement

Still a lot of work to do. Most nuetral observers would still have Rosenberg favourites to progress. Their pride will have been stung and they'll come at us that much harder for it.

Amazing result and performance from Sligo, but realistically, I'd wager a better performance is needed to come out on top after the second leg.

Fingers crossed.

Rosenborg manager sacked!
    http://www.dagbladet.no/2014/07/21/sport/fotball/rosenborg/34436942/

Per Joar Hansen finished in Rosenborg
    The Board decided Friday.

red sean wrote: »
    Rosenborg manager sacked!
    http://www.dagbladet.no/2014/07/21/sport/fotball/rosenborg/34436942/

Per Joar Hansen finished in Rosenborg
    The Board decided Friday.

Any English links to that? Sounds like a team in disarray. Still wont be taking anything for granted though.

Rosenborg Football Club and head coach Per Joar Hansen has today terminated the employment. Per Joar Hansen resigns with immediate effect. The club has not been satisfied with the results or performance development, and sees that it is necessary to make changes to achieve this.

The Board recognizes that the sporting efforts have not worked optimally and will continue to work on defining the organization and functions of the athletic department. We are prepared to spend time on this.

We will shortly have an interim coach solution in place. (RBK Website)

Sacking the manager this close to a big game can go either way. Sometimes you get a bounce from it - or it may blow up in your face.

No offence to Rosenberg, but fingers crossed it will be a case of the latter in this instance.

Sacking the manager this close to a big game can go either way. Sometimes you get a bounce from it - or it may blow up in your face.

No offence to Rosenberg, but fingers crossed it will be a case of the latter in this instance.
    My thoughts exactly. Could be worrying, but we must stay positive!

I'm hearing that if Derry win their 2nd Rd tie, that their 3rd Rd game will be played in the Showgrounds as the Brandywell won't be suitable. Anyone else hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I'm hearing that if Derry win their 2nd Rd tie, that their 3rd Rd game will be played in the Showgrounds as the Brandywell won't be suitable. Anyone else hear this?

Ya, it's been confirmed by FAI, Rovers and Derry.

R_overs1 wrote: »
    Ya, it's been confirmed by FAI, Rovers and Derry.

So would the Derry game have to played the alternate week or say the Wednesday if they both progressed?

I actually the thought the Brandywell was suitable for all the qualifiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

From Rovers' Twitter; "If Derry and Rovers advance, we will be at home in the first leg. If only Rovers advance, we will be away in the first leg."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Was mentioned last Friday on various places!

Says a lot about the work done in the Showgrounds these past few years that another LOI club would have to forego use of their ground in favour of ours.

Although the Brandywell is due a big money overhaul soon.

Although the Brandywell is due a big money overhaul soon.

When have I heard that before...

Pats got absolutely mauled in their return leg against Legia. If nothing else that result mght help focus the lads that bit more. Anything less than 100% against this calibre of opposition and you're liable to get hammered.

prodsc wrote: »
    Was mentioned last Friday on various places!

Was the first I heard. Didn't even see it on the soccer forum until I mentioned it.

1-1 at half time,squeaky bum time!

King hell!

That's the European adventures over for another year, although it will very more than likely be two years again now, unless we get some miracle in the league.

Despite the disappointing scoreline, I still the think the team can hold their heads up proud. Its a big improvement on their league and cup form, hopefully it will continue, and the crowd continue to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That's the European adventures over for another year

Ah well, it was nice while it lasted.

Advertisement