Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 house alarm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

1) I would always double check with a meter
    2) Unless the notification has been turned off in Engineer menu the keypad buzzer will sound & the display will indicate mains fault

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ceatharloch

Thanks KoolKid!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Following the earlier posts of McGintyMcGoo:

1) If I pull the main fuses (trip switch) for the whole house, can I be sure then
    that the alarm box is getting no mains supply and is safe to work on?

2) If/when I flip off the trip switch (and hence cut mains to the box), will the alarm
    react in some way (will it go off - or will the display panel just say something)?
    (This is before I actually go near opening the alarm box.)

Thanks!
    Michael

When you turn off the power going to the alarm the external bell should sound and the keypad should go dead, but its always best to check the power is off before you open the alarm box..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    When you turn off the power going to the alarm the external bell should sound and the keypad should go dead, ..
    :eek: Only if the battery is dead or removed!!!

koolkid wrote: »
    :eek: Only if the battery is dead or removed!!!

Would the external bell sound and the keypad go dead if the power was off and the battery was dead :rolleyes: I think so ;)

• Advertisement

Isn't that what I said????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭worded

Hi,

Neighbours alarm going - I removed its battery and elec fuze - still going.
    It did go to a little repeating beep for a few hours, but now it back to full blast.

Is there a battery in the alarm box itself?

I removed a fuze right beside it. I removed a big battery.

The control pannel was saying "low battery" he said, I would have bought him one FFS if I had have known this was going to happen.

I dont think the fellow has the $ to pay for the alarm people to come out and disable it, it will drive us all nuts in a few hours.

Is there any point crawling into his attic and getting close to the alarm box and start snipping cables? I really dont want to do it. I have good cop on, but Im no electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭worded

Phoned alarm co and they tell me 8 hours approx the internal battery will be dead. hopefully

If the mains and battery power is removed then the external bell is running on its own power. On newer systems this stops after 20 mins. On older systems ,especially the old metal bell boxes, it can be 24 hours or more.

worded wrote: »
    Is there any point crawling into his attic and getting close to the alarm box and start snipping cables? I really dont want to do it. I have good cop on, but Im no electrician.

There is two ways to do this, instead of doing what you said you could :

1. Down power the alarm by removing the battery and mains power. Depending on what type of external bell is on the system and the condition of the back up battery in the bell it can ring for hours till the battery goes dead.
    2. Down power the alarm by removing the battery and mains power. Get up at the external bell outside and cut the battery cable that is powering the external bell. This will turn it off straight away for you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

.....hi, have an Aritech CS350 alarm system in rented house.
    Am here five years but have never really used system as 'low battery' light has always been on and any time I did set it, it went off after about two hours so better to leave it off..... I know, I know.

Anyway, had a plumber in to take a look at my immersion today. He used a phase tester on the element and tripped the electricity. He reset the immersion switch but didn't realise he's tripped the mains.

He quoted and left. It was then I discovered the mains was off. I reset the fuse in the fuse box and the alarm started going off. The code I was given by the landlord isn't working to turn it off. I've had to turn off the fuse {and with it ceiling lights downstairs and on the upstairs landing} in order to stop the alarm ringing. I've the kitchen in candlelight at the moment, there are lamps in the rest of the downstairs rooms but I'll need to sort this out tomorrow.

The whole system will need to be reset. Can I do this? I've found an online manual and have read here about the battery replacement. I'm pretty confident that with the fuse off {and the mains}, I could open the cover to replace the battery, but I need to be able to reset the code.

Some of the advice here has been great. Could anyone give me a step by step on resetting the actual code. I don't know anything about the Engineers' code so could do with a little help there too.

Can't afford to pay an engineer to come out to sort this out, but long term I can't leave the lights off to keep the alarm off. Would greatly appreciate any help ye can provide......

Rgds S

To default remove mains power from the panel
    Disconnect the battery
    Remove Factory Link LK1
    Reconnect mains power to the system
    Enter Code 0 1122 If the system has been reset then this code should disarm it.
    Then enter 1278 to enter engineer mode.
    Replace the Factory & replace the battery.

This is brilliant Koolkid.
    Is there somewhere I can get instructions on how to re-programme the zones etc., then. I'll have to do that if I default the battery, won't I?

I sent you a PM re a manual.;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Roots-Sinead,
    If you call an alarm company you'll pay a lot for a battery & call out.

I got one recently for €12. If you live in Dublin, pm me and I'll tell you where to get one.

The batteries are now GE as opposed to Aritech - must've been bought out or something.

Thanks Steve,
    Am in Meath.
    Will try the lighting showroom - they sell electrical supplies too.
    12v 7.2ah isn't that right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yeah, that's the one. :)

There a lot of different makers of these batteries. The best thing to do is make sure the mains is off, open the panel. Take out the old battery and bring it with you. You might get some one close to you here.

Thanks for that.
    I was planning to head to the local Wesco, so good to know they'll have it :)

Hi folks,
    just to say thank you to you all for your help and advice.
    A big thanks to Altor for his 'tech support' call on Thursday.
    Thanks to him and the manual I downloaded from the site Koolkid gave me, I managed to replace my battery, reset the codes, reprogramme the zones, tested shocks and contacts, found a fault on two contacts, fixed the problem {loose wiring} and even named the zones.
    Am very proud of myself, not bad for a girl and it only cost me €17 and about two hours of to-ing and fro-ing to the keypad.
    Can highly recommend Altor if you're looking for someone to sort out your home security problems? His 'on-call' advice is second to none. :)

• Advertisement

Great news Sinead!

This is the type of thing that makes being part of the boards.e community worthwhile - thanks for the update! :)

Hi folks,
    just to say thank you to you all for your help and advice.
    A big thanks to Altor for his 'tech support' call on Thursday.
    Thanks to him and the manual I downloaded from the site Koolkid gave me, I managed to replace my battery, reset the codes, reprogramme the zones, tested shocks and contacts, found a fault on two contacts, fixed the problem {loose wiring} and even named the zones.
    Am very proud of myself, not bad for a girl and it only cost me €17 and about two hours of to-ing and fro-ing to the keypad.
    Can highly recommend Altor if you're looking for someone to sort out your home security problems? His 'on-call' advice is second to none. :)

Always happy to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Koolkid I have sent you PM regarding manual, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

could someone send me a manual for the cs350 aritech alarm?:confused:

Sent you a PM ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TW1N MOONS

Ive had a low battery alarm for ages and the mains power went the other day setting the alarm off when it came back on obviously because old battery was completely dead. Anyway the panel light went from orange to red and Ive since installed the new battery this morning but Ive still a red light and the panel still says low battery. There is no response from any buttons pressed on the control panel either.

Ive turned the mains power off and on since but still the same. Is there somethning I should be doing to resart the system. Alarm is fine once mains power is on but im concerned now if power goes again. HELP

Is this an Aritech CS350?
    If so the red LED indicates alarm. Entering 0 & your code should disarm the system & this light will go out.
    If you are getting no response at all the panel may be locked up.
    Power down completely wait for a minute & power up again on battery first.
    This will confirm if the battery is working.
    If it powers up OK then apply the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Hi
    could anyone tell me the menu sequence to turn down sensitivity of s particular zone on an Aritech 350?
    Thanks

Enter engineer code, arrow down 4 times to Zones,
    Press correct key (tick)
    Arrow down to shock zones , press correct key.
    Arrow down to required zone. Press correct key.
    Enter gross and pulse levels. 1-9 . 1 is most sensitive.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Enter gross and pulse levels. 1-9 . 1 is most sensitive.
    Actually - that would explain something on mine - I assumed it was the other way around :rolleyes:.

Advertisement