Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

What makes you say you need the floor in before the kitchen is put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Collyb101 wrote: »
    What makes you say you need the floor in before the kitchen is put in?

So that tiles can go under the kitchen cabinets. Its not a big deal if you can't as its just a matter of taking off the kicker plate from the bottom, they are just clicked on and easy to remove and put back on.

re using Jimmy or not -
    It entirely up to you whether you would like to spend extra couple of thousands and have the convenience of getting the floor tiled before you get keys OR get the floors tiled after you get keys (it only takes a day or two to get tiled) and save your hard earned €1,500 to €2K and spend on one of many other things needed after moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Arsen5 wrote: »
    Hi, I used combination of both (Project & Jimmy are expensive if you deal with them separately, I chose the tiles from Project & then haggled with Jimmy about getting the whole thing done & just pay him half at start half when finished, it's over 2000€ cheaper).
    His work is top quality without a doubt, also it's crucial that you get kitchen floor done before the kitchen it self is put in, so it's better to go with him as you can't get someone from outside before the house is complete. You just have to haggle with him.

I went to three different shops
    Lucretia tiles
    House of tiles
    Nation wide tiles

and every one of them given me quote with fitting of around 1700 to 2000 euros for kitchen, dining, utility, entrance, Ground floor WC(all together).

now if I compare that with project tiles who is also doing my 2 bathroom with floor to wall tiles is costing me 3400 just to buy them and 3000 to fit them

I am not understanding as to what the difference is between project tiles and other tile shops mentioned above...

I have also attached the quoted from each shop, can you any one suggest me as to why the difference in price is? the list for other things from project tiles is huge if we compare that with other tiles provider

Lucretia
    2ii8ns8.jpg

Nationwide tiles
    fyzlh4.jpg

House of tiles
    1h2pua.jpg

Project tile
    351bo6c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Hi,

Did anybody install microwave filler by kitchen elegance to reduce height of microwave slot?

Is this filler good looking? OR better to go for a bigger microwave instead?

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Hi,

Did anybody install microwave filler by kitchen elegance to reduce height of microwave slot?

Is this filler good looking? OR better to go for a bigger microwave instead?

Thank You

Hi,

I taught the microwave slot was the standard size why is filler needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 danb85

Energy1 wrote: »
    Hi,

The microwave slots are different per kitchen, the kitchen company shud be able to tell u the size and u can buy a microwave to match then. U can get a smaller one if u wanted and get filler but I assume that's an extra

Hi,

Normal height of the microwave is 380mm.
    But kitchen elegance put this as 430mm. Very few microwaves available in the market with this height.

Kitchen elegance people told me, they normally put more height for the slot, same as in the show houses. Then, if customer wants to reduce this, they will install fillers to reduce the height to the standard 380mm.

That's why I asked, anybody installed such fillers?

Thank You

Normal height of the microwave is 380mm.
    But kitchen elegance put this as 430mm. Very few microwaves available in the market with this height.

Kitchen elegance people told me, they normally put more height for the slot, same as in the show houses. Then, if customer wants to reduce this, they will install fillers to reduce the height to the standard 380mm.

That's why I asked, anybody installed such fillers?

Thank You

we were told by kitchen elegance to go no bigger than 380 for the microwave. Wasn't aware they were setting it at 430. Thanks I'll have to look into that

danb85 wrote: »
    we were told by kitchen elegance to go no bigger than 380 for the microwave. Wasn't aware they were setting it at 430. Thanks I'll have to look into that

Same story in my case. We were told 380mm for microwave slot. But, In reality, they put 430mm :)

danb85 wrote: »

I am the same, I was told to get the standard. Will have to follow it up.

• Advertisement

I am the same, I was told to get the standard. Will have to follow it up.

If Kitchen is not installed yet, then You can ask what's their plan to make microwave slot as 380mm. Then, I think, better don't allow to install fillers.

If Kitchen is not installed yet, then You can ask what's their plan to make microwave slot as 380mm. Then, I think, better don't allow to install fillers.

Unfortunately it has been installed, Our appliances arent installed yet. They have to go back for utility units so I might mention it tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Hi Any one got the money from Revenue yet for your HTB incentive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LRS30

HI,

We book the house in last may, Did any one got the keys from that phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Unfortunately it has been installed, Our appliances arent installed yet. They have to go back for utility units so I might mention it tomorrow. Thanks.

Hi Energy, I got the money as retrospective purchaser.

Crucial was to give all details to the builder (actually I gave the details to Helena and she forwarded them to Hansfield Investment ltd).

Without the builder confirming details, we never could get the money, so, strongly advise to proceed with them asap.

Best of luck!

lunamia wrote: »

Crucial was to give all details to the builder (actually I gave the details to Helena and she forwarded them to Hansfield Investment ltd).

Without the builder confirming details, we never could get the money, so, strongly advise to proceed with them asap.

Best of luck!

Thanks. I am in the process of applying for it was waiting on p60. Only painting left in my house so hopefully be in soon.

lunamia wrote: »

Best of luck!

Hi lunamia, we are currently doing the retrospective application for the HTB, would you be able to confirm what details you gave to Helena and at what stage?

We have submitted our claim and waiting for it to be processed so do I need to get on to the builder and/or Helena to get the builder to process the claim on their side?

Thanks

LRS30 wrote: »
    HI,

We book the house in last may, Did any one got the keys from that phase?

Did the house build begin last winter? The house in Barnwell Square seem to be well on the way to completion, probably March for Barnwell Sq East

userduluth wrote: »
    I went to three different shops
    Lucretia tiles
    House of tiles
    Nation wide tiles

and every one of them given me quote with fitting of around 1700 to 2000 euros for kitchen, dining, utility, entrance, Ground floor WC(all together).

now if I compare that with project tiles who is also doing my 2 bathroom with floor to wall tiles is costing me 3400 just to buy them and 3000 to fit them

I am not understanding as to what the difference is between project tiles and other tile shops mentioned above...

I have also attached the quoted from each shop, can you any one suggest me as to why the difference in price is? the list for other things from project tiles is huge if we compare that with other tiles provider

Hi,

I ordered tiles from House of tiles & project tiles.
    I think, Price wise more or less same.
    But, project tiles looks bit less price. Their 50% discount would work (some types of tiles are expensive though).

House Of tiles prices telling in SQ Yard. So when You compare, consider this as well.

I don't know about quality difference. anyway, buy Porcelain for floors and Porcelain/Ceramic for walls.

We need to order only tiles, slow set, rapid set & grout. Other things which are listed in the project tiles quotation, would be supplied by tiler.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rahsharma123

Hi ,

Is there any carpool available or people interested for south dublin commute. I am planning to move to Barnwell by mid April

• Advertisement

Hi,

We are looking for a water softener.
    Can anyone recommend a company ?

Thank You

Hi,

We are looking for a water softener.
    Can anyone recommend a company ?

Thank You

I got it from Renewell Water - www.renewellwater.com

Will you let us know of costs associated with this please when time comes?

Will you let us know of costs associated with this please when time comes?
    It was €300 for the drinking water only system.

Is that an extra tap then?
    How often do you need to change the filter?
    I drank from one of these lately (the owner was not there to answer q's) but have to say the water was really good. Obvious difference.

Is that an extra tap then?
    How often do you need to change the filter?
    I drank from one of these lately (the owner was not there to answer q's) but have to say the water was really good. Obvious difference.

Extra small tap, change filter every year (cost €80 - €100). The water is amazingly nice and different. I got it 6 wks after moving in and I was sick of buying and carrying water bottles. Highly recommended regardless who you buy it from.

Hi bbari,

Is the water drinkable there? Would any normal filtration system do the job? Thanks

Hi bbari,

Is the water drinkable there? Would any normal filtration system do the job? Thanks

The water is hard in the area and its not drinkable imo. I could see more damage done to the kitchen sink and taps in 6 wks then I'd seen in 12 yrs in my previous home, limescale could be clearly seen layering up. That's my opinion/experience anyway. You can always move in and have the 1st hand experience and see what you think.

Cheers for the feedback I will get some sort of system installed anyways before it does any damage.Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

bbari wrote: »
    I got it from Renewell Water - www.renewellwater.com

Was the water very hard, did you get whole house softener, can i ask how much?

Advertisement