Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

2WW is over for me :( this cycle was 35 days long so i could have ovulated around the 25th of sept right? i was doing OV tests and they got darker from day 10 to day 16 but were never as dark/darker than the control line, by day 20 they were very light. but now i am thinking if i ovulated on the 25th (2 weeks before period started) shouldn't the OV test be darker on day 20 also?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mine never got darker. I went by the theory: A line is a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

thanks neyite will keep that in mind for next month, this month was my first time using them i was going by the book lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Shur see if your doc will refer you through the public system. That's what we've done as as soon as you start into assisted reproduction EVERYTHING costs a fortune so we may as well save a few quid on the initial appointment! My own gynae is wonderful tho. I've already done 6 months of clomid, had scans, had a HSG and all bloods done by her before being referred.

Thanks lucyfur. I have been referred through the public system. I booked into go's tomorrow to get day3 bloods done. I know something isn't right. I have my period at the minute and right now I feel totally nauseus with the pain and cramps. I'm on prescribed pain killers but the relief they give us shortlived. Is anyone else like this and did they ever find a reason or is it just bad period pain?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NordieNox

Sorry you are out dorito92. At least now though you have had a bit of practice with the ovulation sticks. I am holding off trying them just yet. I think.

Still no sign of AF and I am two days but I am feeling the very distinctive cramps so I know it is not too far away.

I have ordered some preseed for next month. We had been using some water based lubrication but I just read even that is not recommended when TTC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

hi did any of you had bad depression or nausea s 4-5 days after pregnyl injection. i am on clomid and metformin too.
    It is my second round of pregnyl+clomid but feel very sick on this round. I hope it wont last too long

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

cinloom wrote: »
    hi did any of you had bad depression or nausea s 4-5 days after pregnyl injection. i am on clomid and metformin too.
    It is my second round of pregnyl+clomid but feel very sick on this round. I hope it wont last too long

I dont remember any symptoms like that, but then meds affect everybody differently, as does the stress of fertility treatment and TTC sex on demand. If your symptoms persist though, no harm to ring the nurses /doctor in your clinic for their advice.

cinloom wrote: »

I hated clomid. I was miserable on it and I can't recall if that was because I was physically uncomfortable with cramps or if I was slightly depressed. I also think I had such high hopes for it and assumed I'd get pregnant on the first go. As neyite suggests meds affect everyone differently.. both physically and psychosomatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I was positively psychotic and pukey on clomid. I gained 3 stone, ate everything, vomited everything and shouted at my loved ones. A lot. Going to Galway next month and I KNOW I'm going to be prescribed it again. I said ages ago that I'd never take it again but now I'm willing to do a short course of it. 3 months max.

Just wondering, in the end AF was seven days late. Constantly felt like it was on the way so I never really got my hopes up. The thing is normally I am like clockwork so I am wondering for trying this month will I ovulate 'later' so to speak. As in will I ovulate the usual around 14 days after my period or will it be 7 days (with my cycle going back to the timeline it was on)? I am loath to use ovulation sticks just yet so really just looking for an idea to make sure we roughly hit the right times when we BD.

• Advertisement

Just wondering, in the end AF was seven days late. Constantly felt like it was on the way so I never really got my hopes up. The thing is normally I am like clockwork so I am wondering for trying this month will I ovulate 'later' so to speak. As in will I ovulate the usual around 14 days after my period or will it be 7 days (with my cycle going back to the timeline it was on)? I am loath to use ovulation sticks just yet so really just looking for an idea to make sure we roughly hit the right times when we BD.

I think its more accurate to count back from a period rather than forward -as far as I can remember the pre-ovulation part of the cycle can vary in days, but the post-ovulation (luteal) phase is usually pretty regular. In an average cycle that would be about 14 days, but some women have a short luteal phase.

Did you pregnancy test at all shortie?

I did two and they were both negative.

So should I count back from what would normally be my date or should I push that date forward a week since my last period was a week late? Either that or hubby will be fairly exhausted as I will have him at it all the time to make sure we dont miss the window ;)

I did two and they were both negative.

So should I count back from what would normally be my date or should I push that date forward a week since my last period was a week late? Either that or hubby will be fairly exhausted as I will have him at it all the time to make sure we dont miss the window ;)

I honestly dont know. Dating it is a pretty arbitary way to pinpoint ovulation, you'd be better off to use the sticks or to check your cervical mucus consistency, or even use a basal thermometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ladies, a bit of a dim question but when do you count 1 dpo from? Fertilty friend seems to go two days after a positive opk. Just wondering is my short luteal phases even shorter than I thought!

Roesy wrote: »
    Ladies, a bit of a dim question but when do you count 1 dpo from? Fertilty friend seems to go two days after a positive opk. Just wondering is my short luteal phases even shorter than I thought!

A positive opk generally indicates that will ovulate within the next 24 hours so fertility friend is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

yellow hen wrote: »
    A positive opk generally indicates that will ovulate within the next 24 hours so fertility friend is right.

I'm going to start the clear blue digital tests next cycle. I'm on day 27 now. Was a week late last month tho so total confusion also!

Thanks! I had read that ovulation usually occurs on the last day of ewcm. This is when I usually get the positive opk. On Clearblue digital the positive result stays on the screen for two days and you are not supposed to test after getting the positive. I checked the following day with a cheapie and there was barely a hint of a line. It's good to know so.
    Was going to hold off on the Fertilty clinic referral for another little but since I've been having savage cramps since 5/6 dpo and the fact that my luteal phase is probably even shorter than I thought then I'll probably go ahead and make an appointment. Each month the pre period cramps seem to be getting earlier :(

Thanks! I had read that ovulation usually occurs on the last day of ewcm. This is when I usually get the positive opk. On Clearblue digital the positive result stays on the screen for two days and you are not supposed to test after getting the positive. I checked the following day with a cheapie and there was barely a hint of a line. It's good to know so.
    Was going to hold off on the Fertilty clinic referral for another little but since I've been having savage cramps since 5/6 dpo and the fact that my luteal phase is probably even shorter than I thought then I'll probably go ahead and make an appointment. Each month the pre period cramps seem to be getting earlier :(

Famous last words! Feeling rotten all day today and quite crampy so I decided to do a test before ringing to make an appointment with the fertility clinic. Was feeling quite positive about taking the next step and getting my cycle in order for next month. Anyway, to cut a long story short I got a positive! We're cautiously delighted but trying not to get too carried away as I had cramps early on in the last two pregnancies. One ended well, one didn't and these are quite bad on and off. Hopefully it'll all work out.

Famous last words! Feeling rotten all day today and quite crampy so I decided to do a test before ringing to make an appointment with the fertility clinic. Was feeling quite positive about taking the next step and getting my cycle in order for next month. Anyway, to cut a long story short I got a positive! We're cautiously delighted but trying not to get too carried away as I had cramps early on in the last two pregnancies. One ended well, one didn't and these are quite bad on and off. Hopefully it'll all work out.

Oh congrats!!!!
    Great news!! I had really bad cramps at the start of my successful pregnancies which lasted for a few weeks - fingers and toes crossed all goes well!

Yeeeaaaah Roesey. Congratulations.:)

• Advertisement

Massive congrats rosey!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Whoop! Congrats! Love seeing positives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Woohoo Roesy, delighted for you! Fingers crossed for a healthy 9 months xx

I'm out... That's 11 months 😡

dublinlady wrote: »
    I'm out... That's 11 months 😡

I'm right behind you. Still in for this months but hopes are low. It's hard isn't it?

I'm right behind you. Still in for this months but hopes are low. It's hard isn't it?

Good luck this month - u never know!

Congratulations Rosey that is wonderful news! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months :)

Sorry to hear you are out Dublinlady, big hugs xxx

Good luck this month - u never know!

Uugh, I just know I'm out. I can't put my finger on it but I suffer awful cramps and backache most of the time. I just cant get it out of my head that there's something not quite right. The period pains these days are just horrific. Have had my day 3 bloods drawn and need to get the 21 ones done next week. Trying to call the coombe in the event that there's a cancellation and i could come in earlier than december but they NEVER answer the phones!

Uugh, I just know I'm out. I can't put my finger on it but I suffer awful cramps and backache most of the time. I just cant get it out of my head that there's something not quite right. The period pains these days are just horrific. Have had my day 3 bloods drawn and need to get the 21 ones done next week. Trying to call the coombe in the event that there's a cancellation and i could come in earlier than december but they NEVER answer the phones!

Hope you get something earlier - that's very frustrating!!
    For some reason I haven't actually used ovulation tests this time even tho I keep meaning to and so this month I have them all ready and sue to start testing tomorrow. My cycle has been all over the place so hopefully this will help get the timing right!

• Advertisement

Hope you get something earlier - that's very frustrating!!
    For some reason I haven't actually used ovulation tests this time even tho I keep meaning to and so this month I have them all ready and sue to start testing tomorrow. My cycle has been all over the place so hopefully this will help get the timing right!

I haven't been using them either really. I bought a basal thermometer too and haven't remembered to had it yet. I feel really down and dissillusioned at the minute. How does everyone else deal with the disappointment?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement