Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free sim cards from o2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

wasim21k wrote: »
    guys,
    any one know about super sim? is it legal in ireland? or what? can some one through some light on it please

Wrong forum, try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Not sure if O2 had stopped sending the fee sims but I see they are giving a max of 4 free sims at www.freesims.ie, just in case anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

is there anyway of putting the free credit onto my existing vodafone sim without having to change over to o2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

emmet14 wrote: »
    is there anyway of putting the free credit onto my existing vodafone sim without having to change over to o2?

Yes!

Change the o2 sim to vodafone. Takes 5 minutes, you have to go into a vodafone store. Register online after to get 80 euro (ten euro a month). Then use the IOU buddy system to put the credit on your own account.

Do it with all 5 sims to get 400 euro!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭midship

Ive ported 5 of these to vodafone & registered them...

I thought I would be getting 10 a month sent to these. However I got a text from vodafone telling me to top up by 10 euro to get next month’s 10euro free credit.

Is this correct? I see that this is mentioned on their web site now but I could have sworn there was no conditions attached to the 80 euro free credit when I ported these!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭podge3

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Then use the IOU buddy system to put the credit on your own account.
    Whats this :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ordered 1 there today, didnt want to be greedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

i seen that iou buddy thing. maybe you could send the credit from these sims to your existing phone. that would be handy! still waiting on mine so will test it out

i seen that iou buddy thing. maybe you could send the credit from these sims to your existing phone. that would be handy! still waiting on mine so will test it out
    I reckon vodafone would be wise to such moves.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I reckon vodafone would be wise to such moves.

they hardly restrict it to only vodafone customers so it might work. maybe they would. anyone try it out?

they hardly restrict it to only vodafone customers so it might work. maybe they would. anyone try it out?

I did, no problem switching to vodafone, got 10 euro after regestering and sent it to my normal phone.

I did, no problem switching to vodafone, got 10 euro after regestering and sent it to my normal phone.

nice one thanks. i shuld get my sims un next few days. did they not ask questions why you would want to change five sims? after you register online you get ten euro without having to top up right?

nice one thanks. i shuld get my sims un next few days. did they not ask questions why you would want to change five sims? after you register online you get ten euro without having to top up right?

I only changed 1 then walked down to another vodafone shop a changed another (used a fake name just in case they were keeping records). Still have to change the last 2.

I got the €10 straight away but for some reason i could not send the second ten euro untill the next day????

Indeed, I use all fake names when porting numbers. I find the cast of Boston Legal or any soap opera handy for inspiration when it comes to choosing names. :D

Got my sims today and changed two of them to vodafone to get the credit! Done two in one shop. You get two euro as soon as you activate it and another ten when you register online. Sent it to my phone and got 11.85:D:D had problems with the other sim, the one in the shop messed up changeing it, so had to call over the phone, went through a big process and only got a fiver:mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭muffinhead

You know when you port a number from the free O2 sim to a free Vodafone sim, does Vodafone text you the 5 digit code or do you have to call O2 to get it :confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

vodafone send u that code as txt message, but u can ring to vodafone and they can send u again. its just for security reson that u r the owner of number.

Just be careful because vodafone are very ineffiecent at porting numbers via the 5 digit code thing. I tried to port 2 numbers that way and they never ported. Ended up in the end going to a shop to get them done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

pcolan wrote: »

Does Meteor or O2 have anything like this where you can send the credit to another persons phone?- like the buddy IOU??

Can you do a port for vodafone over their webpage on the internet?? and if you ring up is it really slow to get the numbers through. Also do you have to register the phones to get the port to go through or can the port go through with an un registered number?

Also can you pick up the free sims at the O2 store or are they only giving them out on the website? How long does it take for the free sims to come through in the post?

Not sure about in-store, but I ordered them on-line, took me 2 days to get them (why go in-store :))

P.S.

Make sure you order 5 of them because people who ordered less had problems with delivery.

pcolan wrote: »
    Not sure about in-store, but I ordered them on-line, took me 2 days to get them (why go in-store :))

P.S.

Make sure you order 5 of them because people who ordered less had problems with delivery.

I thought it might be easier to walk into the store and get them. but if you get them in the store then you have pay 10e , so it defeats the purpose really.

2 days is fairly good. what about porting over to vodafone. can you do this over the phone with their customer care rather than going into a shop?

Yes!

Change the o2 sim to vodafone. Takes 5 minutes, you have to go into a vodafone store. Register online after to get 80 euro (ten euro a month). Then use the IOU buddy system to put the credit on your own account.

Do it with all 5 sims to get 400 euro!!!!!

I think you have to top up by ten euro each month on each month to get the (8x10e) 80e for each phone.

culabula88 wrote: »
    what about porting over to vodafone. can you do this over the phone with their customer care rather than going into a shop?

Don't know, never done that myself, but as it's been mentioned earlier on this thread, it seems it's better to do it in a shop.

• Advertisement

culabula88 wrote: »
    I think you have to top up by ten euro each month on each month to get the (8x10e) 80e for each phone.
    I can't find anything on the voda website to suggest that.

Advertisement