Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free sim cards from o2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Where abouts? Shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks, ordered 5. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Any credit on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No idea tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

There's €2.00 credit on them, although it says on the O2 web site it's only 50c. Don't forget they're worth another €10/€20 call credit if you send them in to Tesco Mobile.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

:)

How long will they last without more credit , like for incoming calls only ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Nice one, ordered 5 there. Gonna try and convince a few mates to jump on the 02 bandwagon like I did with meteor a couple of years ago-free texts for all! I just top up by €20 every month when I get paid and that lasts the entire month. So if I were getting free texts to all networks and get the sim for free...well that's just great!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

Bond-007 wrote: »
    http://www.o2.ie

You can order up to 5 free sim cards.

Thank you, Bond.

Ordered 5 also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cheers Bond. Ordered 5 of these. Does anyone know how long delivery will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

thanx op

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Not too bad. I thought it might take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Cheers good find bond!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I don't really understand what's going on. :o

It seems you have to switch to o2 to get these free sims? Are you all switching, or do you have spare sims/phone numbers so it doesn't affect the actual network you use generally?

:o

Why are they giving people 5 sims instead of 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ordered these last week, came in 2 days

I wonder can I order more of them....lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I don't really understand what's going on. :o

It seems you have to switch to o2 to get these free sims?
    Why are they giving people 5 sims instead of 1?

Dont have to be a o2 customer
    Link here

Giving up to 5 in the chance you pass them on to friends/family and hope they make money from top-ups

Ordered these last week, came in 2 days

I wonder can I order more of them....lol

I reckon you could. You might have to use a different address though. Maybe get it delivered to your next door neighbour but put your name on it. Or you could try changing your address slightly like leaving out a letter or something.

• Advertisement

I ordered another 5 using the partners name. Might send another few to the parents place. :D

None have arrived yet. :(

davton wrote: »
    Dont have to be a o2 customer
    Link here

Giving up to 5 in the chance you pass them on to friends/family and hope they make money from top-ups

It asks for my contact number and the top says

This process is for non O2 customers to order an O2 Experience + Free texts
    Sim & Join O2.

Is it safe to put my vodafone mobile number in there and they won't switch me to o2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I just put my house phone number there. :) 049 blah.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    It asks for my contact number and the top says

This process is for non O2 customers to order an O2 Experience + Free texts
    Sim & Join O2.

Is it safe to put my vodafone mobile number in there and they won't switch me to o2?

It's just a contact number. You don't even have to enter anything in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

good find , just ordered 5 as well :)

Thanks lads

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Put my name and my brothers name in, so i should have 10...not that i even need one...but cheers anyway op

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thanks, just ordered 5.
    So that'll mean I'll have another 1250 free web texts every month?

jayteecork wrote: »
    Thanks, just ordered 5.
    So that'll mean I'll have another 1250 free web texts every month?
    Why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Excellent. Have some spare phones, i will be handing these out with the new sim cards in May when the American inlaws and family are over for a family reunion we are hosting. Renting a castle etc. Be handy for them to use over the week.

Advertisement