Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are Dabs.ie like recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Just got the confirmation email from dabs that my package was sent yesterday. I assumed it would be sent by courier however it has been sent by Royal Mail (letter post-first class).

Should I be afraid?

Camera was delivered yesterday. Picked it up this morning. Absolutely top notch- would have to recommend dabs.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Talisman

My only complaint about Dabs is that I can't use the site to send items to family in the UK.

Dabs.ie can only be used to send items to Ireland and must be use a billing address in Ireland - I have an old account with Dabs.com which was subsequently moved to Dabs.ie. On Dabs.com I can fill the cart, go through the whole checkout process even giving the UK delivery address and the credit card details, get taken to the verified by visa page and submit the password and then get a message about "Use Dabs.ie to complete the order". It's insane - I phoned them up and spoke to a nice lady in the UK call center and she said that she could manually enter the order into the system for me, which was great, then just before I completed the order she told me I would need to send a scan of my passport because the billing address is in Ireland and delivery address is in the UK, even though I have had an account with the company for 10 years.

On a point of principle, I didn't place the order with them and instead called Misco who I absolutely detest because of their inflated ex. VAT Euro prices but in this case they product was the same price on Misco.co.uk as on Dabs.com. I told the sales rep that I didn't want to pay the extortionate Euro price and wanted the Sterling price - no problem. Got the same security check about sending a scan of the passport which I did and the order was dispatched within three hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Ive never had a problem with DAbs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I ordered a hard-drive and hard-drive case from Dabs.ie on Sunday 21st December, using the standard post, and wasn't in any way expecting to get the delivery before Christmas. It was actually delivered to me in Kerry by UPS at 11 am today, the 24th. Another Christmas miracle!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RDG

Today I received my sixth order from Dabs.ie. Prompt delivery & well packaged as usual. Great value and will certainly use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Generally I've had no real problems with Dabs, however, I ordered an archos 5 on 2/01/09, it was out of stock, but was listed as "due soon" and is a good 20 - 30 euros cheaper than anywhere else on the web. For at least a week the product page had stated stock was due in "1-2 days".
    So I used the chat service to talk to a rep and have been told that they don't actually have a stock date. They weren't able to give me an estimate on when they might be able to send it out to me.

While I did expect to be waiting for the product, I find it very annoying that they are seem to be lying on the product page, trying to convince people that they will be able to complete the order within days, when there is very little chance of that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TweetPie

I ordered speakers three weeks ago. Website showed items as in stock. Within 10 days I had received 6 change of delivery dates as item was not in stock. I emailed them, they replied saying that delivery is now expected on 28th Feb and even that they cannot confirm, but their website is still showing as in stock.

So frustrated as I am buying these as presents so I am going to have to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Ordered a multimedia keyboard last year and given 3-5 days delivery,
    2 weeks pass and I ring them up where they inform me that the delivery guy
    couldn't find my house,must have been hard as it was the first in a cul de sac.

They never informed me that he made an attempt to deliver and didn't.
    I wouldn't use them again but its up to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Never have any problems with Dabs.
    I use them all of the time for parts.
    Great prices and fast delivery every time.
    Couldn't ask for more.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Unfortunately, I have had nothing but problems with Dabs.

Have had orders held up for aaaaaaaaaages waiting on "Awaiting Address Authorisation" error messages. There is nobody to call either, you are forced to use email (which takes at LEAST a day for them to reply to) or use the crappy online chat system which is always too busy to help you.

Many of the previous posters on this thread have been very, very lucky...all I can say is GOD HELP YOU if you run into any problems with DABS...their customer service is non-existent and totally un-acceptable in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 honcho

I've got to agree with Acman. I ordered from Dabs.ie and received an email to say my order was sent. That's a week ago. So I emailed them last week to see what happened to my order and no response yet. I refuse to order from a website that does not have a contact number but I didn't realise that Dabs only used email. So never again!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I use them for work all the time. No probs at all so far (touch wood).

Honcho, they have a online chat facility so you can ask the rep questions in a chat session. I've used it a few times and it's been fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 honcho

I just received an email from Dabs saying that it could take up to 28 days for delivery and contact us then if you are still waiting. Sorry but there's something wrong here.
    I ordered a product from megapixel.ie on a Thursday at 1am and had it delivered to my door at 9am the same day. That's 8 hours from placing my order online to having it in my hand. That's service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I'm having a disastrous time at the moment. Ordered sunday (5th April) still waiting on address verification even though they had shipped to the same address only 2 months ago! No response to emails, no feedback on any status updates.

I would welcome suggestions on alternative suppliers with similar prices. I think I am done with this pack of jokers now. I'm not really interested in Irish suppliers as they cannot really compete price wise unfortunately.

Pardon me resurrecting an older thread.

I never had a problem.

Had a hard drive fail on me, and it was no problem doing an RMA.
    Refunded and never had to make any human contact.

So far so good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I finally got a response to my problems with them after I mailed their IT director.

No particular apology for having kept me waiting 4 days and more for them to actually do what they were supposed to do. I think I'll be checking out Ebuyer after this or possibly misco (who were very speedy to deal with previously).

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Anyone got a contact number for these guys. Having serious trouble with an order and need to talk to someone bout it. Sent them an email but who knows when they will get back to that. Need contact now. Thnks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

bigslick wrote: »
    Anyone got a contact number for these guys. Having serious trouble with an order and need to talk to someone bout it. Sent them an email but who knows when they will get back to that. Need contact now. Thnks

I think you have to use 'Live Chat'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yeah, the Live Chat is the only way to contact them. They don't seem too responsive to email.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

Ordered a Power Supply off Dabs.ie 10 days ago which was in stock viewing my order all it said was Awaiting Processing same thing happened to a friend of mine 2 months ago he ordered a PS3 in Stock 2 Weeks later same thing Awaiting Processing.Anyway I cancelled order this morning and ordered off Misco.ie item has been dispatched with tracking number next day delivery should get tmr.
    Komplett, Piximania,Misco are by far the best online services for PC related stuff in Eire.
    Stay well clear of Dabs.ie because all you'll get is Awaiting Processing I'd say
    Awaiting Bankruptcy should they keep this up in the current economic climate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Had to cancel an order from Dabs for an entry level sony laptop as the dleivery date kept changing. Order was originally placed mid march and after multiple changes to expected delivery I eventually cancelled last Friday, ordered off Amazon and got it yesterday. The worst part was the inability of any of their customer service agents to read my mails - always the same generic response that took them 72 hours or more to formulate. I will never order anything from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Inbetweener

DABS.NET WHOIS

Updated: 1 second ago
    Registrant:
    Dabs.com
    Direct House
    Wingates Industrial Park
    Westhoughton
    Bolton, Lancashire BL5 3XD
    UK

Domain name: DABS.NET

Administrative Contact:
    Derbyshire, Louise 04c9df1d62141a5.png@beta.dabs.com
    Direct House
    Wingates Industrial Park
    Westhoughton
    Bolton, Lancashire BL5 3XD
    UK
    0870 129 3348
    Technical Contact:
    Kirkland, Linda 304f1c079f10900.png@netnorth.co.uk
    Unit 7
    Queensbrook
    Bolton Technology Exchange
    Bolton, Lancashire BL1 4AY
    UK
    +44 1204 900700 Fax: +44 1204 900777

Registration Service Provider:
    Netnorth Limited - Business Internet Solutions, 304f1c079f10900.png@netnorth.co.uk
    +44.0870 751 8585
    +44.0845 058 2003 (fax)
    http://www.netnorth.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I just built myself an i7 rig, got all the parts from Dabs.ie and I have to say I think they are brilliant. No problems, everything arrived on time, if not before I thought it would.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭luap_42

ulic3190 wrote: »
    I read this tread before ordering from dabs.ie and was in doubt.

I had tried to order from them last year and due to problems with them then went to komplett.ie instead.

However I went ahead with the dabs.ie order, in fact I made three separate orders. They did run a credit check with me which was the simple matter of replying to an email, after that each order went through smoothly and they have been amazing.

I have no qualms about giving them my highest recommendation!

Regards,
    Ulic

How can you give your "highest recommendation" if you've only used them once?! That kind of recommendation is completely worthless. If you had ordered multiple times with no problems, your "recommendation" would have some value at least.

The ONLY recommendation worth the page it's typed upon, is when things go WRONG, and how they go about fixing it.

If an order is accepted, processed, picked, shipped and received and everything works, then all that has occurred is that the contract between buyer and seller has worked correctly. No more, no less. There is no point in recomending anyone for doing what is legally expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Made two orders recently. Have made plenty of orders via Dabs.ie and have had no problems.
    The last two were no exception. Ordered a single item which took three days from ordering to arrive at the front door. Just under by a couple of hours actually. My last order was a bit bigger. Nine items including monitor and case etc, five days, but had to wait two days for the case to arrive in stock.

Very happy with them and the price is generally good. Also the returns system is painless and free should the need arise. :)

luap_42 wrote: »
    The ONLY recommendation worth the page it's typed upon, is when things go WRONG, and how they go about fixing it.

If an order is accepted, processed, picked, shipped and received and everything works, then all that has occurred is that the contract between buyer and seller has worked correctly. No more, no less. There is no point in recomending anyone for doing what is legally expected.

So what you want to see is a thread from only the people that have had problems. Everybody else can stay quiet.

That'd be a bit useless. If all everybody sees is a list of orders that went wrong they'll think every order went wrong.

For what it's worth we use them all the time for our business. About 15 orders this year and none of them have gone wrong.

Edit: if you're a business and buying a fair bit get an account manager and squeeze another few quid out of them.
    I know I should be using Irish companies but the only Irish companies (that were anywhere near on price) I tried to use before Dabs didn't have account facilities so they lost the business.

I have ordered from dabs4work.ie twice. Once was two years ago, with many, many, many, many problems. Their chat service staff was rude and unhelpful in the extreme. The chat guy actually made the ordering situation worse by screwing up my account and eventually causing me to have to set up a new account, and prevented me from ordering over €1100 worth of stuff for more than a week (a critical week, which I did not have time for). I hope that arrogant twat has been since fired by dabs.

I swore I would never use them again, even though I had previously used dabs.com when living in the UK as far back as dabs.com existed. The IE version of dabs were the worst customer service experience I have had barring only DELL's Indian sales staff, who actually lied to me over the phone about the price of a potential PC (I held them to their price promise)!

Anyway, my 2nd order with dabs4work.ie is awaiting stock to arrive. This time, at least the order process has been streamlined and I am able to actually make the order!

I am NOT recommending dabs, and will not even if I get my items perfectly, as that is NOT a test of their customer service, and is what I expect to happen in return for me handing over my money.

If I have any problems, I will see what happens before deciding whether I recommend them or advise avoiding like the plague.

So what you want to see is a thread from only the people that have had problems. Everybody else can stay quiet.

That'd be a bit useless. If all everybody sees is a list of orders that went wrong they'll think every order went wrong.

Actually that is exactly what people come to threads like this to find out. To see if there are major problems, if there are then there will be a lot of posts about those problems. If there are not there will only be a few posts.

I reckon most people can count and can determine for themselves how many problem orders there are, but if first time buyers keep giving their "highest recommendation" after only one order which did not go wrong, then they are just clogging up the thread with useless information.

Like I ALREADY said: If you have ordered multiple times, then at least you have something to contribute. If only to show that there are consistently satisfied customers and that the process works as it should.

However, you pay your money for a service which includes the entire process from stock availability through to receiving working items. If you get this, big deal, that is not a cause for a "recommendation". That is what they are expected to provide for the money you pay them.

On the other hand if any step in this process or the returns process does not work then that IS cause for comment.

OK I get it. As somebody who's ordered about 15 times this year as a business customer and various times last year I've had no problems ever with Dabs. Normally any order we've ordered for stuff that has been in stock has come within 5 working days and sometimes within 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Tintee

I`ve ordered thousands of euros worth of pc stuff from internet sites over the past 6 years or so and have found dabs to be one of the better places to buy from.In the past few years i would estimate i`ve probably bought a dozen or so things from them and found them on the whole to be cheaper than their rivals and their service on a par.In fact just before christmas i ordered a power supply for a pc ( a corsair TX 950) and found that whilst the psu wasn`t strictly faulty, there is an incompatability with asus motherboards that stops the pc from being able to fully boot correctly and it just resets all the time.I expected delays due to the fact that is wasn`t exactly broken but put a note in the rma box to explain the situation as was documented on corsairs forums along with some others.
    They sent a guy to my home to pick up the psu and as soon as they recieved it a few days later i was astounded to not only recieve my card credited with the refund price of the item but also the postage costs too.Needless to say, when i get round to ordering another psu i will be going back to dabs.

Advertisement